• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Then John and Jane Q Public have to foot the bill when the EMS have to cut her home open to drag her sorry a** to the hospital for help, as she can't get out of bed on her own.................. :brickwall:

Truly puts meaning to "God loves stupid people, otherwise he would not have made so many of 'em"

Larry Strong said:
Then John and Jane Q Public have to foot the bill when the EMS have to cut her home open to drag her sorry a** to the hospital for help, as she can't get out of bed on her own.................. :brickwall:

I worked the Multi-Patient Units ( MPU ). They responded us to bariatric calls Metro-wide.
This MPU was "fat friendly". The rear-end squatted so you could drag them in via the back door on a tarp. Nothing fancy.
BLS, as in Basic Lifting Service.  :)

I read that out loud to some of my buddies, one comment was "Wow, a 36 inch waist now feels like a god send."
Larry Strong said:

Truly puts meaning to "God loves stupid people, otherwise he would not have made so many of 'em"

Look on the bright side, she lives in Arizona, so it is the american John Qs who have to cover it.

To me it sounds like she's crossed the line into mental illness - and if her husband-to-be is planning on enabling her behaviour, I'd wonder about him too.

FlyingDutchman said:
I read that out loud to some of my buddies, one comment was "Wow, a 36 inch waist now feels like a god send." 

Another fitting entry for this topic. 

Texas teen charged with trying to rob police station
Arthur Weinreb May 12, 2012
Article Link

It is alleged the 18-year-old walked into a suburban Dallas police station, demanded money, said he had a gun. He didn't have a gun but police officers had them and took the teen down at gunpoint.
It was a 'he said, she said.' He said it was a joke; she said it was a robbery.
Last week Keithan Manuel, 18, walked into a Wilmer, Texas police station, about 15 miles south of Dallas. He had a white towel covering his hands and is alleged to have walked up to a dispatcher and demanded money.
Quickly after making the demand he changed his story and asked if he had any outstanding warrants. The "joke" might have ended there, but dispatcher Patricia Hughey claims after asking about warrants, Manuel told her he had a gun. She called for assistance and Manuel, who was not armed, was arrested.
In describing what happened, Wilmer Police Chief Victor Kemp was quoted by WLWT as saying,

He said he had to check a warrant, but it was pretty obvious it was a situation. He gave a different name, and after a few moments of maybe playing it off he said, 'You do know I have a gun.'

In response to telling Hughey he had a gun, Manuel was quoted by the CBS affiliate in Dallas/Forth Worth as saying,

I didn't say nothing like that, I swear to God I didn't say nothing like that. Man I play like that all the time, I didn't think she would take it seriously.

Kemp was quoted by WTAM as saying,

You hear of these world's dumbest criminals every once in a while but you never think it's going to happen in your city.

Manuel remains in the Dallas County Jail facing robbery, theft, and other charges.
end

Iran threatens to sue Google over dropping Persian Gulf Full story here.

By Reuters

DUBAI  - Iran’s Foreign Ministry threatened on Thursday to take legal action against Google for dropping the name Persian Gulf from its Google Maps and leaving the waterway between Iran and Arab states nameless, state television reported.

“One of the seditionist acts taken as part of the soft war against the Iranian nation has been Google’s shameless act to drop the name ‘Persian Gulf’ which is ... against historical documents,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast was quoted as saying.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/election-result-toronto-riding-thrown-judge-173712527.html

The comments down below made me lose many brain cells.

Sadukar09 said:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/election-result-toronto-riding-thrown-judge-173712527.html

The comments down below made me lose many brain cells.

From the comments:

[/quote]
We're comin' to getcha, 1%....don't make any long range plans. Montreal is the Tunisia of an N. American SPRING[/quote]

Wow, delusion is the new apathy.  Good lord, if only these commenters knew how good we have it here.  A North American Spring????? really? Riots over tuition price increase? Only if Dancing with the Stars isn't on.

Sergeant: Did you fall asleep during the Battle School warrant's lecture?
F-Troop: No, I was resting my eyes.
Sergeant: So you fell asleep.
F-Troop: No I didn't.
Sergeant: Are you calling the warrant a liar? I'll go get him then.
F-Troop: I fell asleep! I fell asleep!

Would've been funny had we not done an intense push up session+rifle PT+shuffled for 2km.

...Because the F-Troop proceed to lose two rifles.

Wow; a mere 1 km shuffle (not even a run!?) / lost rifle? That's pretty light ... considering.

::)

The Wolfe Island Ferry in Kingston is your standard drive-on/drive-off ferry. Some motorcyclists from Cornwall, Ontario parked near us (we wait separately from the cars/trucks). When the ferry arrived and the vehicles started driving off, one said "OMG, how are we supposed to back on with bikes?"

A store clerk taking a stupid moral stand point. Apparently being a woman, she has no sympathy for uncomfortable combat boots (bought, not issued) to the point of pain. Her shoes for mere vanity sure are more important.

...And don't even look at me when conversing. Her nails can't take care of itself!

Or speaking to a co-worker in mid-conversation. Who cares about this customer.

::)

Sometimes I feel I am too nice to the stupid customer service types.

Leaving a certain Caribbean city yesterday morning to come back home, I heard for the 1000th time how cold Canada is.  Current conditions in Ottawa = 38°C with humidex.  I don't think they believed me when I said Canada is "frío y caliente".

I was at the book store looking for an art book for my wife when I over hear this.

Man 1) Technology, who needs it?
Man 2) Don't you have a pacemaker?

Pampers Limited Edition diapers..... 'Nuff said.

And this:  Family claims to see image of Jesus in moldy shower

A family in Splendora claims they have a holy vision inside their home, an image of Jesus created by mold in a bathroom. They say the image is giving them strength.

We've all seen the stories: a Virgin Mary sighting in a grilled cheese sandwich, in the side of a tree, or Jesus' face on a tortilla. We guess you've never seen one like this -- inside a shower.

"People say your house is blessed," said Chyanna Richards. "I see the head, the hair, a cloak."

Richards doesn't know if it's mold or mildew or what, but she knows in her heart what she sees: a likeness of Jesus, it's presence not without meaning.

"Maybe it means something. Maybe look into yourself and see if you need to change something in your life," she said.

More (and video) at link

See if you need to change something in your life?  Like maybe how often you clean your bathroom....  (Seriously, watch the video)

I think they've been breathing in too much mold....  ::)

Being bored, I watched that video.  I can't believe the people who live there actually let people in to film their....home.  I bet the reporter burned his clothes and went to a decontam center directly following that one. 

The image of Jesus in the mold would be accurate IF Jesus looked like a cross between Sideshow Bob and the mask the killer wore in Scream.  ::)

Could also be the leader of the local chapter of the Hell's Angels...

Why do folks always assume that anyone with long hair and a beard looks like Jesus?  Come, let me grow my hair and you shall worship me...

Back