• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

cupper

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FlyingDutchman said:
Wife: Hello, how can I help you?
American TD Bank Employee: We had a customer in and he left his car here.
Wife: Yes, and....
TD E: It has an oil leak and the oil is spreading quite quickly, so we called the police and fire department.  They put some cones around it, what do we do?
Wife: (Thinking to herself: do I want to question this?  No, I do not.) I'll place a work order for that right away.

One of her coworkers got this for a call: Yeah, this building smells like a dead prostitute.... Not that I know what that smells like.

Ummm. Maybe we need a bit more background on the first example. I missed something.
 

Taras27131

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
An Ontario Human Rights Commission representative came to my school. He told us about a new type of discrimination- systemic discrimination. It's the idea that everyone being treated equally is a form of discrimination. ???
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
80
Points
530
Taras27131 said:
An Ontario Human Rights Commission representative came to my school. He told us about a new type of discrimination- systemic discrimination. It's the idea that everyone being treated equally is a form of discrimination. ???

Self licking ice cream cones :facepalm:
 

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
469
Points
980
Taras27131 said:
An Ontario Human Rights Commission representative came to my school. He told us about a new type of discrimination- systemic discrimination. It's the idea that everyone being treated equally is a form of discrimination. ???

...and what was the representative's solution to the "systemic discrimination"?
 

Taras27131

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
He also told us that the Ontario Human Rights Code can overrule provincial legislation. This is probably the wrong thread but is that constitutional?
 

lethalLemon

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Taras27131 said:
He also told us that the Ontario Human Rights Code can overrule provincial legislation. This is probably the wrong thread but is that constitutional?

Unfortunately yes. Provincial Human Rights Codes immediately supersede legislation if indeed it is found that a Human Rights Code is being violated and legislation prevents the protection of said person being violated. Some of it is candy-arse "waaahh he called me a dunder head" stuff but...
 

Taras27131

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So the UNELECTED Human Rights Commission can come up with laws that overrule laws created by ELECTED officials? What a great democracy we have... ::)
 

lethalLemon

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Taras27131 said:
So the UNELECTED Human Rights Commission can come up with laws that overrule laws created by ELECTED officials? What a great democracy we have... ::)

That's why we have courts. Human Rights don't win and legislation don't win until the case is put before the Crown in the courts.
 

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
3
Points
380
Florida teen calls police to report mom having sex
January 25, 2012 FoxNews.com
Article Link

A Florida teenager called 911 last week to ask police to place her in a children’s shelter because she “heard her mother having sex.”

The 15-year-old girl felt disrespected when overhearing her mother having sex late one night, so she called Panama City police to report the situation, The Smoking Gun first reported on its website.

When police arrived at the home in the early hours on Jan. 19, the girl’s mother explained that she was with her boyfriend and didn't intend to wake her daughter. But their bedrooms are right next to each other, according to the police report, which was obtained by FoxNews.com.

At some point, the mother and daughter had an argument, the police report said.

The teen, who told police that there was no abuse, originally asked to be taken to the Hidle House, which is a temporary home for children who are homeless or abused. But after speaking with a representative, she decided it was almost time for school and decided to stay put.

A domestic rights brochure was left for the family, the police report said.
More on link
 

RememberanceDay

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'd be a little grossed out if I heard MY mom having sex... But I wouldn't call the police over it. Reason #1 why headphones are a blessing.
 

stealthylizard

Full Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
0
Points
0
An Edmonton judge has tossed out a constitutional challenge against three traffic tickets launched by a woman who claims her religious beliefs exempt her from the law.

Catherine Flamond, 52, had argued in a written Charter notice that the provincial civil laws do not apply to her because she is a Christian minister bound only by God, the Queen of England and the Constitution Act of 1982.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/04/20/minister-claims-exempt-from-traffic-tickets
 

lethalLemon

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
stealthylizard said:
An Edmonton judge has tossed out a constitutional challenge against three traffic tickets launched by a woman who claims her religious beliefs exempt her from the law.

Catherine Flamond, 52, had argued in a written Charter notice that the provincial civil laws do not apply to her because she is a Christian minister bound only by God, the Queen of England and the Constitution Act of 1982.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/04/20/minister-claims-exempt-from-traffic-tickets

But provincial law is given royal assent via the Queen's Representative - the Lieutenant-Governor... is it not?
 

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
12
Points
430
If this whole thing about speed limits not applying to Christian ministers applies to Roman Catholics, then I'm all in!  Screw your laws, I'm speeding!!!  ;)
 

cupper

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Her biggest mistake (other than thinking she had a case to start with) was forgetting that the British North America Act automatically became part of the Canadian Constitution under the Act of 1982. Which grants the same powers provincially as are granted Federally.

Perhaps she can sue her lawyer for poor representation and advice. ;D
 

Journeyman

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
159
Points
680
cupper said:
Perhaps she can sue her lawyer for poor representation and advice. ;D
......or sue the Vatican because her god hung her out to dry. Bad mythical being! Bad!  :mad:

;)
 
Top