• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

LineJumper said:
Speaking loosely for Lineman, we are THE pigs and generally wake up smelling fishy of the nether regions  8)

Edit to add, for all 211 types (including futuring trade upgrades) Operators do do pigs, generally of the female persuasion,  just to clear a possible misintrpretation.

Just when I thought the conversation had reached its lowest possible point, I notice that it has started to dig....

Pusser said:
Just when I thought the conversation had reached its lowest possible point, I notice that it has started to dig....

Not dig .... Drill!

cupper said:
Not dig .... Drill!

He's a Lineman, sorry ACISS-LST, so he can't help it.  ;D

Oh and Linejumper, there are a few ladies here married to former Rad Ops who may take exception to your statement  ;)

Son: Do they have the steering wheel on the passenger side of the car?  (referring to driving in Germany)
Me: What?
Son: Do they have the steering wheel on the passenger side of the car?
Me: Why would they put the steering wheel in front of the passenger when the peddles are in front of the driver?
:facepalm:

Parents want to ban ice cream from New York park

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream?

Not if parents in a Brooklyn neighbourhood have their way.

According to the New York Post, members of the Park Slope Parents group want ice cream vendors banished from the playgrounds in Prospect Park in order to cut down on tantrums their children throw when denied ice cream.

Come spring, ice cream vendors circle the park's playground, the Post reported, tempting children who want a cold treat.

But parents say the springtime tradition ruins their enjoyment of the park -- and leaves their children in tears.

"Along with the first truly beautiful day of the year, my son and I had our first ruined day at the playground," wrote a mother named Sarah on the group's online forum. "Two different people came into the actual playground with ice cream/Italian ice push carts. I was able to avoid it for a little while but eventually I left with a crying four-year-old."

More at link

Seriously?  Blaming the ice cream vendors for your kid's bratty behaviour?  ::)

MJP said:
And people say there is no two tiered justice system...  ::)

Exactly. 

Edit to add exact wording of excerpt from Criminal Code:

"718.2 A court that imposes a sentence shall also take into consideration the following principles:"
"(e) all available sanctions other than imprisonment that are reasonable in the circumstances should be considered for all offenders, with particular attention to the circumstances of aboriginal offenders."

Never heard of this woman.  Wishing I hadn't.

Samantha Brick defends cattiness claims: Don’t hate her because she’s beautiful

For anyone who doesn't want to click on the link, here's a picture:

02460779-jpg_195407.jpg

::)

Danjanou said:
And what drugs is she taking to think she's actually hot looking?

And you've just proven her point.

But that assumes that she had a point in the first place. ::)

tumblr_m2113ljK371qzaxefo1_500.jpg

In a similar vein, attractive women say mean things to me, like "stop following me or I'll call the police"  :mad:

My favorites are "Stop or I'll taze you" and "I have mace and know how to use it"

Or they give you the I'm a pretend lesbian look at the club when they are all dancing in their clique.

Get Nautical said:
Or they give you the I'm a pretend lesbian look at the club when they are all dancing in their clique.

As if that ever works. Just makes guys all the more horny.

"You remember that mean trick everyone used to play when camping, where you put crap on a q-tip and brush it inside a sleeping person's nose, so all day they're wandering around saying "do you smell that? what is that?!""

...... what?!?!?!?!!!!

alocin said:
"You remember that mean trick everyone used to play when camping, where you put crap on a q-tip and brush it inside a sleeping person's nose, so all day they're wandering around saying "do you smell that? what is that?!""
...... what?!?!?!?!!!!

That is disgusting and sad.

Listening to my assistant trying to explain to our "helpdesk" why their bandaid solution won't work with our citrix/oracle based database. I came to the conclusion that for such stuff, taking advice from helpdesk is like asking a Catholic priest for sex advice.

Colin P said:
Listening to my assistant trying to explain to our "helpdesk" why their bandaid solution won't work with our citrix/oracle based database. I came to the conclusion that for such stuff, taking advice from helpdesk is like asking a Catholic priest for sex advice.

That could be a rather bad analogy Colin ::)

Wife: Hello, how can I help you?
American TD Bank Employee: We had a customer in and he left his car here.
Wife: Yes, and....
TD E: It has an oil leak and the oil is spreading quite quickly, so we called the police and fire department.  They put some cones around it, what do we do?
Wife: (Thinking to herself: do I want to question this?  No, I do not.) I'll place a work order for that right away.

One of her coworkers got this for a call: Yeah, this building smells like a dead prostitute.... Not that I know what that smells like.

Back