• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Just got a cat, reading some facts out loud to my wife: blay, blah, blah, cats can get high off olives, blah, bl... Wait, what?

FlyingDutchman said:
Just got a cat, reading some facts out loud to my wife: blay, blah, blah, cats can get high off olives, blah, bl... Wait, what?

Cat urine also glows under a blacklight. Thought you should be aware in case the need to know that fact ever arises.  :)

jparkin said:
Cat urine also glows under a blacklight. Thought you should be aware in case the need to know that fact ever arises.  :)

Use the black light to stumble through the house at night to avoid liquid landmines...problem is another liquid human males produce does the same thing, so if you're christening all the rooms in the house, you might get a false positive  >:D.

MM

Edit for spelling.

lethalLemon said:
It's hard to tell any chemistry jokes, all the good ones argon.

What's the hardest part about eating vegetables? The wheelchair.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life... so let's take all the bad chemistry jokes, and Barium !

So, you like chemistry jokes?  Good.  Wanna hear a joke about Potassium?  K.

I was going to post one about Sodium, but I though, Na.....

Back in the bad, old days before we got super over controlled, I issued myself and some of my NCOs Standing Orders, which was the Canadian Army predecessor of 404s, as M109 Driver Examiners so we could qualify our drivers to actually drive the SPs we had received fresh from the factory in September 1968. They all could drive much better than I, but the regulations called for it.

Heard this on the radio while driving to work.

Brevard school district's no-hug rule is no joke

A Brevard middle-schooler’s punishment for hugging another student has some up in arms over what they see as an innocent, and increasingly popular, gesture by a child.

Others say the school, Southwest Middle in Palm Bay, has every right to put the squeeze on public displays of affection, a move so common in the United States that some schools ban everything from handshakes to hugs to high-fives.

The debate fired up when word got out that Southwest Middle eighth-grader Nick Martinez, 14, received an in-school suspension Nov. 1 for a between-classes hug with a female student, witnessed by the principal, Todd Scheuerer.

Brevard Public Schools officials and the principal say Martinez violated the school’s longtime no-hug policy, which is in the student handbook and can be found online.

All schools must adhere to the district’s student conduct policy addressing public displays of affection, said Christine Davis, district spokeswoman, who could not comment on the student’s discipline record or whether the girl Martinez hugged was suspended.

More at link

One of the guys discussing it on the radio this morning said "But this is Florida.  They take handguns to school.  Hugging should be encouraged!"  ;D

PMedMoe said:
One of the guys discussing it on the radio this morning said "But this is Florida.  They take handguns to school.  Hugging should be encouraged!"  ;D

Maybe he was just patting her down to make sure she wasn't carrying a concealed weapon!  Safety First!

Technoviking said:

So I heard a chemical compound was topping the music charts this week... LaDyGa2

By the way, the name's Bond... Covalent bond.

Technoviking said:

FRIG YOU HATERS!!
That shit was tight.

...bitches...never hate on a chemistry joke......you'll see....you'll see....

From our local paper on Nov 11, referring to WWII Veterans:

The average age has jumped from 84 to 88 in the last four years.

Quite an alarming statistic that people are getting older!

Source: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Veterans+numbers+dwindling/5700363/story.html#ixzz1ddXT0I64

ekpiper said:

Source: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Veterans+numbers+dwindling/5700363/story.html#ixzz1ddXT0I64

And only in four years too.

ekpiper said:

My take on this:  The average age of the vets jumped in the last four years due to the deaths of veterans, not due to their aging.  :2c:

Back