• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What value should we place on rumours and anonymous posters ?

kass

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
There's a rumor regarding basic training for doctors and lawyers; apparently, they don't have to do the 14 weeks in St-Jean but rather 6 to 8 weeks in Kingston. Comments please.

Patience is a virtue... and in the Canadian Forces you better start being patient.  ;)
It always takes a few months before you get in your BMQ, I knew buddies which has waited more than a year, it is non sense I know (since we "need" more soldiers, I guess they don't get it) but there is nothing we can do about it.
I hope you'll be there soon so you can see the end.

About MDs and lawyers getting a dumbed-down IAP/BOTP, that's not true (at least for the lawyers).  I'm in 2nd Lang Training right now and there are 2 lawyers who just finished BOTP a few weeks ago in Saint-Jean.  I can't really speak for the MDs though.

JDFreeSoul said:
Patience is a virtue... and in the Canadian Forces you better start being patient.  ;)
It always takes a few months before you get in your BMQ, I knew buddies which has waited more than a year, it is non sense I know (since we "need" more soldiers, I guess they don't get it) but there is nothing we can do about it.
I hope you'll be there soon so you can see the end.

Get in my BMQ???? Ummm -- I am fully MOC qualified.  But thanks for your advice.

Dimsum said:
About MDs and lawyers getting a dumbed-down IAP/BOTP, that's not true (at least for the lawyers).  I'm in 2nd Lang Training right now and there are 2 lawyers who just finished BOTP a few weeks ago in Saint-Jean.  I can't really speak for the MDs though.

May be the change wasn't in place when these lawyers started their basic, or may be it's nothing but a rumour after all !

kass said:
There's a rumor regarding basic training for doctors and lawyers; apparently, they don't have to do the 14 weeks in St-Jean but rather 6 to 8 weeks in Kingston. Comments please.

I think we should all start with your first three words, "There's a rumor.... (American spelling, I see.....for rumour.  ;D )"  and work from there.  Who told you this 'rumour'?  How much credibility do they have?  Have you gone to the CFRC and asked them about training times for these occupations?  How much reliability can one place on an unknown 'poster' on the internet?  Lots of questions here, that may have more relevance than the question you have put forward. 

Don't remember his name.
A lot.
Don't have to; have no intentions in joining CF.
A lot.

P.S. Your "spell check" didn't have problems with rumor.

kass said:
Don't remember his name.
A lot.
Don't have to; have no intentions in joining CF.
A lot.

P.S. Your "spell check" didn't have problems with rumor.

Let me see - you "Don't remember his name", and yet he has "A lot" of credibility??  You now have Zero Credibility.

If you aren't joining the CF, why the original observation?  I think you're a troll - or at least bordering on it.

Roy

You think maybe someone is.....

GAP said:
You think maybe someone is.....

No doubt.

Hey kass - don't bother with anymore PM's - the "ignore" feature is wonderful.

Why don't you repeat what you said out here in the open??

Love,

"Pops"

PS.  I'm done with you - I don't usually rise to bait such as you dangle - must be Monday morning syndrom.
RHH

Roy Harding said:
Why don't you repeat what you said out here in the open??

Love,

"Pops"

I just asked my daddy authorization to answer your question...I didn't get it ! Sorry. Gotta listen to MY pops !

Ahem.....

army.ca staff

Kass.....careful your attitude

Sorry if my replies offended you...I thought I was merely replying with a similar tone used by these more experimented posters.

I'll try to be more respectful to these experimented, even when they throw me hand grenades !

Respectfully,

Kass

You have to admire his tenacity. ::)  I though it was him when he PM'd me.  Must have gender issues too.

I am pretty sure that all officers must attend BOTC, regardless of MOC.

Back