• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to do- Avor's Journey

If this is the only real forum that you feel safe in ranting about your situation, then I say rant away my friend. And remember that if you need anything I'm here in the area.

Take care and get well.

Chimo.

Rodahn said:
If this is the only real forum that you feel safe in ranting about your situation, then I say rant away my friend. And remember that if you need anything I'm here in the area.

Take care and get well.

Chimo.

Thank you, it's just that here is the only place peopple understand how it would feel to go from soldier to this level of weekness.

Avor said:
Thank you, it's just that here is the only place peopple understand how it would feel to go from soldier to this level of weekness.

You're simply going from a high level of physicality to a lower level of physicality - temporarily - due to sickness, not weakness - your strength of mind and body and, your courage of heart and soul, is obvious - and that is exactly what will pull you through this.

Rant all you wish --- just don't toss your comuputer about!!  ;)

Chin up, spirits high, smile on ... only two more to go! There always is the bright side of life.

PM inbound.

Its not all gloomful ranting, remember that I was badged. To go from c0rnflake to PPCLI, to have a room of officers say practicaly "You didn't do BIQ, but we still think your the right stuff and are makeing you one of us". The other thhing I take away is the "I" of the "PPCLI", shen I spoke nobody had any objection to going back and doing BIQ. Only military undertand that, fhat kind of desire, much less the importanced of being badged alone.

My radiation is done, its nothing but recouvery from here on out. Walking is better day by day, taste in a month, sight they say about two.

Doctor's appointment in Victoria tommorow, stupid hour drive. Im sorry, I need a moment to gloat here. Before I ended up in hospital I was buying a place. Today I was finnaly able to get in the bank to do some needed paper work, but I was shocked to find out minimum payment was only $620.  As a single male, with no bills, I'm laughing. I already puy myself down for double morage payment, and I plan to make out what I can do in lump sum payments.

It's kind of unreal, to be in the housing market, so stress free, so quick to be paid down, and all while just out of radiation.

Like I said, sorry to gloat, but a soldier's pay is accualy alot if you have no other bills or obligations.

EDIT- Oh, I forgot, I'm going to be rentingg the place out for 800 a month. Already have a renter lined up with tennent agreement signed. The seller needs to stay in BC untill thier house in Alberta is being finnished.

ArmyVern said:
Chin up, spirits high, smile on ... only two more to go! There always is the bright side of life.

Like  how good I am money wise!...sorry, but with all the cancer stuff, seeing other cancer patients dealing with the challage, it feels realy good to know I don't have to worry about money like they do. Not only that, to be buying a place...

But maybe I should not be so happy, I may have to live om this place for lide. For all I know I could be kicked out of the army, left a cripple liveing off of a lawsuit and disability penttion. I'm still on some crazy pain killers, and I never know if my sight will come back, they say two months, but I haven't accauly seen the eye doctor yet. Well, at least I got the referene for him from my appointment I had today.

Medicaly, I am walking better, getting up and down stairs better. Better, not good yet, but still better. Going to the bathroom is ok, the importantt thing is that I haven't blown up, so I'm happy. I am also happy is that it's not greasy crap, it' clean, and that's good when I have to poop 3 times a day. I am also getting to a more normal wieght, 190 lbs, still 10 lbs less than when I went down, but up the 175 I was at the low point. It's so nice to be done with hosptital food. I am so sick of hosptial chicken two times a day I have not eaten any chicken since I've been home. In fact I've been keen on random things like peanut butter and jam sandwich, soup, and immitation crab meat.

Avor said:
I hear what your saying. Im home on the couch, but its going to be a while untill I really start to feel better. I guess I woun't untill last treatment is over wensday.

Im just sick of feeling sick.

Yes that's very true and at times its harder to bear than the actual Illness or Treatments, but its a perfectly normal reaction.

You've born up fantastically well considering your Serious Set Back, just bear in mind, no matter how long or dark the Tunnel is, there always a Light at its end.

Our Prayers and Thoughts are with you.

Cheers.

Avor said:
I am also happy is that it's not greasy crap, it' clean, and that's good when I have to poop 3 times a day.

Well, it's obvious you didn't take my advice about drinking whisky then. Geez, if I wasn't taking my own advice I'd be hurt...  :blotto:

daftandbarmy said:
Well, it's obvious you didn't take my advice about drinking whisky then. Geez, if I wasn't taking my own advice I'd be hurt...   :blotto:

Im affaird to even think about drinks. The pain killers I'm on is accauly some kind of morphine, Im remember how much T3s and booze fucked me up. To drink like this would be insane! LOL.

Avor said:
Im affaird to even think about drinks. The pain killers I'm on is accauly some kind of morphine, Im remember how much T3s and booze ****ed me up. To drink like this would be insane! LOL.

The 'I' in Infantry stands for 'Insane'.  :D

Things are going ok. No improvement on sight, I just hope it's not cataracts or something that will require surgery. I got a phobia when it comes the eyes, I begin to freak out just thinking about eye surgery. The only reason why I was able to do basic PRK was in order to be infantry.

ANyways, taste is comeing come slowly, say about 35-49% back. Living here on the couch has it's ups and downs. My general mobility is getting better, the more I get up and around house and downtown, the more the mussles are used, the better they get. Sometimes at the end of a outing I just feel tired and sore. Like yesterday I was at the bank, layers, and comic/model store. Im just not use to so mucch movement, its going to take a while before I do. 

With my eyes the way they are. all I realy do is build Warhammer 40k models. (Little men and tanks that you build, paint, and play on a table with dice and meassureing tape.). It  keeps my hands busy, but I with the eyes I haven't dared to paint anything.

Keep at it Friend and Best Wishes !

Keep getting stronger!

Holy fuck last night sucked.

The steroids im on are working as anti-inflamitroies. Reduction is dousage last night was not fun. My ancles, elbow, knees and wrists all hurt like no tommorow. The worst was getting up to go to the bathroom. Ice packs and pain killers became my new best friends untill about noon., Hopefully tonight is bestter, my body adapting to the reduction in meds, but now I will be exspecting pain and will be ready with meds. as needed.

Ok, I was right about the pain, it's the the change in meds, and now that the change is done, my body is ok. I an a little sore, but so much better.

Today an officer and somebody else came by my house to get my vote. Since I'm all messed up, the military came to my house so I could vote. That's pretty darn cool,  I was not looking forwards to all the walking and standing of a busy election day. I would have needed to use some kind of wheelchair to last that long.

But the officer as soon came into room he immidilatly identified the ton of models I haave out as warhamer, so I called him a nerd, :p  Then I started showing them off like a even bigger nerd..

Also today the real estate agent came by to drop of the key to my new condo, three post dated checks from the renters along with another one for the damage deposit. When I was at the lawer's last week I found since I was renting out the place that I do not get exxemption from a tax first time buyers normaly get. But that's ok, seeing how the tax is $1390, yet the renters 3 checks add up to $2400. Who knew, it pays to pay taxes

Niteshade said:
Good news :) Keep at it!

Nites

Thank you

Funny thing, I didn't know the doctor filled out some paperwork, Im legaly blind! My dad and I were getting the handicap parking sticker and it was on the forms.

I know my sight is crap and there is no way I should do things like drive, but to have it on paper? Well, as least now we get choice parking.

Back