• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What should I do during OJT?

Hollywood, I spent about 14 months in bagtown at 425. its an amazing squadron. Treat them right, and they'll treat YOU right. I arrived there in May and did AMT in august so I didn't get my first ride until after that. But you don't need AMT to get a single ride. You just need a waiver signed by the Wing Commander. You should be able to find the form somewhere on the network. ask one of the elder OJTers. I would suggest that if you want a ride, but wait until after AMT to start asking and begging for me. by the end of your time there you'll be tired of going for backseats. so just take it easy.

They even took an OJT with them across the Atlantic in a hornet to go to Denmark while i was there. So maybe you'll get the opportunity to do something like that.

Tell Eric and Rock I say hi.

Mitch

Eric and Rock are sitting right beside me, and say hello back. With regards to the waiver, it was abolished by the new base commander. Apparently a few non OJT pilot back seat rides got sick, and deylayed some missions by 45 minutes. Due to this only DND staff with AMTs at 425 can go in the back seat. It dosent seem like anything in the future is going to happen for me, being last on the OJT list. I was just wondering if anybody from Trenton, St. Hubert, or Valcartier was comming up my way, and I could maybe sneak a quick ride....

cheers

hollywood13 said:
Trenton, St. Hubert, or Valcartier was comming up my way, and I could maybe sneak a quick ride....

OJT is not all about begging for rides - it is there for you to get a glimpse into the day to day operations of an AF unit.  Make best of what you are doing and wait for your AMT.  In order for you to fly on an aircraft that is apart of a Squadron that you are not a member of (holy awkward wording) you must have the CO's authority...  If a CC-130 shows up in Bag-town, it is not going to take you for a joy ride.

My suggestion to you:  ask the folks at 1 CAD for a new OJT when your initial 6 months is up.  If you took a full cost move to Bagtown then you are out of luck, as you won't be leaving until Moose Jaw.

You could always take that time to do OPMEs, go on courses like BEW, space aplications...........

Hey hollywood,
                    as soon as I get my ass out of the Jaw I'll let you know if I find my little self loading body in a griffon that go to Bagotville but most of the time it is only for doing couple of approachs and come back. From my past OJT experience, Valcatraz pilots are really nice to OJT's for a ride in the back. Hell, that makes company to the FE in the back so he's no more alone  ;D

Hey pipstah, could you PM me the names of any OJTs or somebody you know in Vaclcartz that would be able to hook me up....and if anyone else has any contacts, feel free to PM me, for im pretty sure names on the internet are no no here.

well hollywood,
                      if you can wait until next week you will already know one  ;D

pipstah, you know you're not going anywhere....so just sit back in the flight and keep playing tea games. After 5 weeks in tasker and a couple of weeks of admin then maybe you will get out of here! lol

It is surely better than surfing the web on hotmale.com!!!  On that I keep the faith and I still wish to be back to motherland for this weekend!  :crybaby:

402 Sqn in Winnipeg will be looking for an OJT soon enough (Dash 8 is not as glamourous as Hornets but we are VERY well treated and eh, the Gonzo is a good looking plane after all  ;D)  I went on away trips every 1-2 months (some real nice places).  If you are willing, you can learn a lot about IFR stuff.  If you want to consider this, PM me, I'll try to hook you up.

Max

Back