• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What marks do I need to become a pilot?

Sammy98

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in becoming a pilot through the ROTP Program. Just curious, how much do your grades matter and if you know, could you please tell me what my mark average should be in specific courses. Also, what else can I do to stand out from other applicants besides volunteering and taking part in clubs?

Thanks!

Good day,

The averages that you obtain as final marks in your specific grade 12 university level courses will determine some of your competitiveness against applicants applying for the same program. I have provided a link below that will take you to the section of the Royal Military College website that lists high school courses that are the prerequisites for their degree programs.

Students must offer a minimum course mark of 75% for each of the required courses and have an overall average of 75% on the best 6 courses completed in grade 12/CEGEP including the required courses.

http://www.rmc.ca/adm/ap-cpa-eng.php

As you’re interested in becoming a pilot I suggest that you also consider CEOTP (Continuing Education Officer Training Plan). This is a program offered through Seneca College in which you obtain a Bachelor of Aviation Technology and Pilot’s Wings over a four-year period.

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/pilot-32       

I have two more questions:

Is it possible for me to go through the ROTP program to become a pilot while going for an Electrical Engineering degree at a civilian university. Or do I have to get an Aviation degree at RMC?

How does RMC rank compared to other universities? If I go to RMC and decide to leave the military later on in the future, will it affect me getting a job in the civillian world?

Thanks!

Hello Soldier100

Yes it is possible to go through the ROTP program to become a pilot while going for an Electrical Engineering degree at a civilian university. Although attending a civilian university through ROTP program is normally open to degree's which are not attainable through RMC.

RMC is a well respected university and its Bachelor degrees are equivalent to other Canadian universities.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask us.

Hi,

If I have a Bachelors of Computer Engineering degree am I eligible to apply for ALL of the following jobs: pilot, engineering officer or signals officer?

Is there a way for me to go through ROTP at a civilian university while taking a Bachelors of Computer Engineering degree? I'm not really interested in going to RMC.

Thanks!  ;D

Soldier100

You have asked the same question twice and been answered twice in a MERGED thread in "Recruits Only"; and now you are posting the same questions, for a second time, in "ASK A CAF RECRUITER". 

If you can not accept the answers given to you, and continue to SPAM this site, constantly asking the same question, you will be considered a TROLL and BANNED from using this site.

George
army.ca Staff

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had asked the same questions twice as it had been over a year since I asked those questions. I'll look through my post history next time to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Back