• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your military status?

What is your military or non military status?

• Total voters
Gentlemen,

No duelling!! We ladies love any man in uniform. Some things just don't matter...the colour of the beret or the flag...

mechanic_chick said:
And then theres little ol' me who wants to get in!! * crosses fingers * I want to go infantry , so wish me luck!! ;)

* aMy
:warstory:

Good luck Amy. Just make sure you pick the right trade for YOU.

From what I have seen, Its easy to go from Reserves to Reg Officer (CF is hurting for them), but hard to go to Reg NCM. My friend tried to go from Res. Corporal (with JLC, PLQ, etc etc completed) to Reg Sapper, and the paper work took a little over eight months. I would recommend the reserve experience though, it lets you know how life can be in the military (sort of), but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong, anyone else have any views on the benefits of reserve experience?

Jewer

-CHIMO-

Thanks for all the supporting comments lolol.. :)

Im excited to go back to Shilo to get my hands on my first Lav! Funny , im doing this all civi  ??? haha. Soon enough. I go to the recruiting office Friday! And I know.. ( my old man epsecially ) tells me not to go infantry... im 5'2 , 105 pounds soaking wet , lol , and I'd love to become a para... I know Im crazy haha but I want it bad enough I can taste it!

But then again I could just be crazy  :)

And no gentlemen , we don't descriminate against trade or anything when it comes to men lol..  unless you're barett is black or blue :) hee hee jk by's.

<3 aMy

I was under the impression that inorder to jump out of a plane, you have to be over a certain weight.  Infantry is a good MOC along with all of the combat arms trades.  You're going for vehicle technician i'm assuming since your name is mechanic chick?

P.s.  Armoured soldiers wear black berets

hmm lol... well whatever haha

I work as a civi with EME so you'd think they would want me to go EME right? Well no apparently they want me as Sig Op...  Riggght.

My second choice was infantry. I know you have to be over a certain weight , and yah Im pretty tiny. That really sucks , because I want it so bad!  Put me in better useage I guess .. like... Sig ops..  lol.

Did 15 yrs Arty. Released as bein not adventageously employable thanks to my my now ex wife and was in the process of getting back in when i had a heart attack. Havent checked to see what my chances are now that the latter has happened. Im only 35 .

pi-r-squared said:
I was under the impression that inorder to jump out of a plane, you have to be over a certain weight.  

There is no weight restriction on jumping out of a plane. When the SAR Techs first started doing trials on square chutes, one smaller guy regularly wore his scuba weight belt, but that just made the chute's performance better - - gravity was still working pretty much the same for all of us.

And once your ruck is emptied of all the kit-list clag and reloaded with ammo and radio batteries, you'll have PLENTY of weight; no worries  ;D

In the early 60's I was with the Black Watch Cadets then moved on into the 3 BTN. I still remember those green eggs

As to the initial question of this thread...I am a civilian, but in the process of becoming an officer in the CF, either a Lieutenant in the Navy as a JAG lawyer or a second lieutenant in the army in infantry.

Have a nice day to you all,

Silverbach

Yes, but in both cases, I'm sure I would be practicing law, either as an assisting officer or as a delegated officer (once I reach the rank of captain).

6 years as reserve inf, just waiting for the US to accept foriegn volunteers

The Dude...why don't you apply to get a green card ! Better chances that way...

uhhh... the US does accept volunteers

look it up

Back