• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what is getting a file ready?

Purion

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got a email from recruting  center hamilton that is somewhat like this:

"I will try to have your file ready for 23 Fd Amb by the end of this week."

Does that mean that after the file is 'ready' I goto get sworn in? I am somewhat confused, since I had already finished all the 4 tests to join the RHLI, but decieded to join the 23 Fd Amb and recently got a ref letter from the recurter of 23 fd amb to let me join as med tech.

Also, if I remember correct, the recruting officer said that if I dont get into the October BMQ, I still get sworn in and get paid and work with 23 fd amb till january and then goto the BMQ. Anyone else had that experience before? How can someone work without knowing how to tell the difference between the ranks  ;) I can just, but just wondeirng about those who cannot tell the difference hehe

Purion

Probably means that the CFRC is finished wtih your application, so its being sent to the Field Amb so they can process you in. When you first join, you will be in PAT Plt, basically they teach you drill, rank, etc to get you ready for BMQ.  If you have more questions on PAT Plt, do a search in here, lots of threads on it.

Pat sounds like time to get in shape , i heard bmq needs 30 pushups and 50 situps to graduate. From what i read, people doint do much in PAT, I hope i get to job shadow someone who is med tech, so it will  be fun during Pat...

Purion

You don't need to be able to do 30 pushups an 50 sit ups to pass BMQ, you have to atleast do the minimal 19 push ups, 19 situps(if your a young male). But the more you can do, the better. Biggest thing to work on for BMQ is running, you will do a lot of it in BMQ, in PT gear aswell as in Full Fighting Order.

oh ok, I was busting my *** doing 35 pushups and trying to get past 25 situps, but never could do more situps...for some reason, no matter what i try, i just cant do more situps..., i guess i can take it a lil easy now hehe

Back