• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

that would be a cool idea Jasonc. I keep seeing more and more people on here getting offers, hoping I am soon!

amills990 said:
Here's to another day of hope!

I called my file manager today. First time i got ahold of anyone. Unfortunately no update has been made.

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here.

Well I called my File Manager Monday to find out that I have been selected for Infantry! All I have to do now is wait (impatiently) while paper work is sorted around for the "official" call.

Cheers!

welcome Steve! congrats on the unofficial news! I am apparently waiting for one more bit of security paperwork to go through as well so hopefully I am in the same boat as yourself!

Also, probably a good time to kick my half ass workout routine into high gear as this date closes in!

BYFROMSCHOOL said:
Congrats Steve94! I hope I get the same news tomorrow when I call my RC.

You are living in Halifax right? GL on reaching the file manager. Ive called plenty of times and only managed to get through one time.. If you do get through,hopefully you hear good news!! ;D

mrjasonc said:
It would be interesting to compare CF Lives with one another 5-10 years from.

I plan to stay in touch with my fellow recruits!
I even made a friend during the CFAT (we were the only ones with mustaches, it was fate), and we hope to be in the same BMQ, but the odds of that may be slim.

When would be the latest date they would call you? Any help would be great! Thanks! And Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the support!

May123 said:
When would be the latest date they would call you? Any help would be great! Thanks! And Good luck to everyone!

I would assume, so don't quote me on it, next week and even into the following week possibly. It takes time for RC's to double check information and select enrollment/BMQ dates, after all that they would call the selected with job offers. But I am confident that the enrollment ceremonies  will happen before the Christmas break.

and i believe most try to give you at lease 30 days if you are in active employment (or in my case 45 days as per signed agreement  ???) also gives people time to get out of leases, take care of power, gas, ET cetera.

Steve94 said:
Thanks for the support!

I would assume, so don't quote me on it, next week and even into the following week possibly. It takes time for RC's to double check information and select enrollment/BMQ dates, after all that they would call the selected with job offers. But I am confident that the enrollment ceremonies  will happen before the Christmas break.

Not necessarily before the Christmas break if they follow similar procedures for BMQ and BMOQ.  My BMOQ is 13 Jan 2014 and my enrollment is 8 Jan 2014

Steve94 said:
Thanks for the support!

Thanks a lot!! Really appreciate it!

EME Hopeful said:
Not necessarily before the Christmas break if they follow similar procedures for BMQ and BMOQ.  My BMOQ is 13 Jan 2014 and my enrollment is 8 Jan 2014

From my understanding, enrolment would depend on start date of the platoon in the new year. For example if someone's BMQ start date is January 6th they would enroll the said person before the break so that they are ready to start after the holiday. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Got my call today from CFRC Oshawa for Naval Communicator.  BMQ to start Jan 27

marinemech said:
and i believe most try to give you at lease 30 days if you are in active employment (or in my case 45 days as per signed agreement  ???) also gives people time to get out of leases, take care of power, gas, ET cetera.

I asked the person that called me if I had any time to discuss with my family etc.  He gave me about 30 hours from the time he called for me to get back to him.

Steve94 said:
From my understanding, enrolment would depend on start date of the platoon in the new year. For example if someone's BMQ start date is January 6th they would enroll the said person before the break so that they are ready to start after the holiday. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Yes of course that would make sense, sorry I totally blanked out on that scenario.

Anyone from the east coast get offers? I only see people near Borden or Ottawa getting calls.

Back