• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

c91, give them a call next week, there was a round of selections on the 21st, they may have the final cut of who made this round, hopefully they will have the info early on next week, cause like you, i have been in a holding pattern for a little bit

Instead of asking WWJD?

Ask, WDWDBI? 

(What did we do before internet?)

and don't get so excited when you get the call that you forget to ask for the persons call back information incase anything happens...... otherwise the paranoia is even worse

c91williamson said:
I applied well over a year ago, finished my medical, interview and CFAT october 9th 2013, just wondering if anyone else who had their interview and such this fall has had a phone call about employment for the CF yet?

Havent heard anything yet myself, just a little worried...ok thats a lie, I am going crazy watching my phone everyday worried I missed a call or they don't want me :-[ haha maybe I am just to overly excited about becoming a member of the CF

First, you haven't been waiting long enough to even have been merit listed yet. Secondly, I wouldn't hold your breathe, I've been merit listed since May 2013 and first applied Oct. 2012. It's dependent on too many variables to count so like they say "Hurry up and wait!".

RectorCR said:
First, you haven't been waiting long enough to even have been merit listed yet. Secondly, I wouldn't hold your breathe, I've been merit listed since May 2013 and first applied Oct. 2012. It's dependent on too many variables to count so like they say "Hurry up and wait!".

Sorry but this is false he has plenty of time to be merit listed if he got all his things completed on October 9th. I did all my interviews and thing on Nov. 1st and was merit listed last week. I even had a few hiccups in between interviewing and merit listing.

FYI. I'm not saying the OP is merit listed.

ForeverLearning said:
I did all my interviews and thing on Nov. 1st and was merit listed last week. I even had a few hiccups in between interviewing and merit listing.

Sometimes, CFRC's can say one thing, then do another.  You might want to recheck with regards to your statement above.....

I have seen several people say "I was merit listed", only to contact their CFRC a week or two later only to find out they actually weren't.

ForeverLearning said:
Sorry but this is false he has plenty of time to be merit listed if he got all his things completed on October 9th. I did all my interviews and thing on Nov. 1st and was merit listed last week. I even had a few hiccups in between interviewing and merit listing.

FYI. I'm not saying the OP is merit listed.

Some people get rushed through depending on a million different things but the medical for instance usually takes at least 4 weeks to get approved by Ottawa (I had a long conversation with the guy doing my medical about how asinine the medical process is). I suppose if you did your medical earlier on in the process then you wouldn't have to wait for that to clear and potentially get a call a few days after say your CFAT if that was last.

All in all my point was don't hold your breath...I passed up a lot of things over the last year because of lack of information and misinformation from my LRC.

Everyone's situation is unique and different. I can understand the "lack" of information from the CFRC's point. Safer to give to little info then to provide "false" hope as there are just to many factors to hold up the process. I was told on 2 occasions I would be merit listed before I actually was. Ensured to bother my recruiter yet one last time 2 weeks after my supposive merit list date to make sure I was on the list and finally was. So sit tight, join a gym, get your PT in and keep your days busy as that's what BMQ will be like. Get a tutor and just stay on top of yourself both mentally and physically. All over these forums are people worried about Express tests etc. But I have been told one of the worst things to get used to was the "Death by PowerPoint". So after doing an undisclosed amount of pushups and marches and parades and don't forget the obstacle course, now we are going to sit you down for 2-3hrs of PowerPoint and if you fall asleep now you're standing. Just throwing it out there. Prep while you can.

keep the info rolling guys! This may sound like a total "noob" question and frankly a little embarrassed to ask, but, How do I know weather or not I have been "merit listed"?

Thanks in advance

c91williamson said:
keep the info rolling guys! This may sound like a total "noob" question and frankly a little embarrassed to ask, but, How do I know weather or not I have been "merit listed"?

Thanks in advance

Contact your RC/file manager and ask. They will let you know.

ok I thought it was the file manager, but I have asked him a couple times now via email and he seems to keep ignoring the question.

I was told by my Interview Officer ( I assume he was the file manager?), who was changing jobs a few days later and no longer in charge of my application, that I could call anybody in the RC and they would be able to tell you.  And I can verify that I have called/walked right into the front desk and they were able to tell me everything I needed to know so far about where my application stood in the process

Not sure if the people did there applications online here? but from what ive seen that log in, your GC Key account you made gives you the whole process of your application and tells you what you've handed in. Its hard to understand what it means. If anybody has any insight that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

When its working it provides a check list of items that you need to hand in and which ones you've handed in..... the key word though is when it's working..... I think in 7 months that it took me from the start to the job offer, the online page via the GC key only worked 5 or so days.

That site is actually a very nice and handy tool.  The only problem, is that with any "GIGO" type of application, it is only as good as the person who feeds and maintains the data.

So if the information isn't being updated the way it should be, then what you end up seeing on line is of little if any value.

Hello,

I wrote my CFAT today, went well, I am eligible for the two full-time/reg force trades I picked, Cbt Engr & Infantry. They said they are doing things in a "new way" now as to waste less time, I imagine they mean their resources (medical, interview, etc.), on people who may have selected trades that aren't hiring.

Well, I am eligible and I was told to wait for a call regarding further booking of interview, medical, and physical evaluation, which is what I am going to do. But I am curious (as Cbt Engr has closed, but Infantry I believe is still open,) as to the likelihood of receiving that call in 1 to 2 weeks time. I asked but the recruiting officer didnt clarify so maybe my question wasnt specific enough.

I was told by my recruiter that selection for trades is on-going year round and not necessarily a fall or spring kind of affair. As opposed to what I became to believe via army.ca. but that matter is neither here nor there.

I just want to be able to do more while my application processes than simply increasing my physical health by exercise.

Anyone have an inside perspective on what to expect other than that future call? I suppose they'll be calling my references if they decide to move my file forward? Checking my previous employment, etc...

I still have to hand in my high school transcript and my birth certificate (had to use passport temporarily).

Sidenote: I marked not to call my current employer and one past employer. On the grounds that it could render me ineligible to keep my current occupation or as I am looking at potentially returning to the particular previous employer which is why I marked it "no - do not contact." because I definitely wouldnt get the job as they want long-term prospects and wouldnt hire me if they knew I was just waiting for a call to go somewhere else (i.e. army). the job is unionized..
Will this seem suspicious or odd to them - I mean the option is there but I didnt put a reason..? As they have yet to ask about it (i.e. at the interview?)

Anyway, despite some prior minor drug use in the past, sober for over one year!  :D, minus the booze of course, the recruiting officer I spoke with seemed enthusiastic and was really quite nice to me.

Ha! Im just excited and elated, maybe a little nervous!

I think I did well on the CFAT, they didnt give us any indicator whatsoever other than, "you all did well and dont worry about your eligibility," and I was told specifically, "you're eligible for Cbt Engr." I dont want to make anything more of this than it is.

AH!  ;D thanks guys
I just had to share!

Back