• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does your name mean?

My real first name is Linda. This REALLY dates me, but when I was born there was a song called Linda, and my dad loved that song, it was always in his head. I've always hated that name, and I hate that song. Whenever I was pouting and Dad was teasing me he'd sing it to me. But I loved Dad and wouldn't change it. It isn't that we didn't have lovely names in our family. They could have named me after Dad's Mom - Ada Rose, or after my other Grandma, Grace, or combine the two - Ada Grace, or used the Gaelic of my Mom's name, Eilidh or Eilie (meaing moon or torch). They could have given me the Clan name, and my Mom's middle name-Cameron. Now there's a name to be proud of!

:cdn:
Hawk

SigOp because of my trade, Draco is an old nickname I used on the internet since I was younger. Nothing too special

Steven (origin Greek) "crown or regal"

I got this moniker due to a interfamily squabble. Being the first born son, I was required to take the first name of my grandfather. Now, here's the kicker. Mom's Scottish and my dad's Italian. The Italians would be PISSED if i got a Scottish name, and the Scottish would never allow an italian one. So my dad being the non conformist that he was said "the hell with you both" and decided on neither. The problem was .... he didn't have a name lol. So 2 days before I was born, the famous blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn had died in a helicopter crash..... and somethign about that name spoke to my dad. So voila.... thats how I got my name.

Benjamin (Meaning Son of the South, or Right) Son of the Right, I thought that was cool, "From the Israelite tribe of Benjamin, son of Jacob" from the Book of Genesis it would appear. Ben meaning Son Of and jamin meaning The Right or the Right Hand, interesting I guess.

Originally supposed to be Joel, they had a thing for Billy Joel..

Hmmm...perhaps the pic with my name would give one a clue as to where I acquired my name... ::)
Same trade too !!!!

Cheers
HL

TCBF said:
- Clearly, I am on the outside of an inside joke.  What gives?

"Who's goin Chicken Huntin?  We's goin Chicken Huntin.  Cut a motherf*in Chicken up! Right!" = Lyrics to the song "Chicken Huntin" by ICP (Insane Clown Posse), Artist's and Founders of Psychopathic Records.

Calgary 1, I couldn't think of much else so I tossed that one up and it worked.

Eurowing - When I was posted to Geilenkirchen Germany, I brought my Gold Wing with me.  I was riding my wing in Europe......  hence Eurowing.  I still have the bike, which is named Yukon Gold.  I spent the first 9 years of my life in Yukon and my particular wing (85 Limited Edition) is gold in colour.  So, it is called Yukon Gold

Hatchet Man said:
"One is who is like a God"(Michael) beats leader/king any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Badda Bing!!! Haahahah ;)
Yeah I know I'm good ;D

Baker

Hatchet Man said:
"Who's goin Chicken Huntin?  We's goin Chicken Huntin.  Cut a motherf*in Chicken up! Right!" = Lyrics to the song "Chicken Huntin" by ICP (Insane Clown Posse), Artist's and Founders of Psychopathic Records.

- I read the lyrics: the song is rascist.

JimMorrison19 said:
Trevor = "big village".

Little people live in me.

Trevor = "big village"
Village = Canada (From history lesson)

Therefore
Trevor = Big Canuck

Interesting

Supersonic : Faster than the speed of sound... I'm a very fast speaker...

Max:  Abbreviation of my first name

Max

OldSolduer said:
OldSolduer

Because I am old
Solduer?

Hit the u instead of the i when I registered. As you can tell I'm no typist.
I've seen it spelled "Solduer" in olde English.  That's why I thought it was written like that.

So did I as, he was taught olde English when he went to school. ;D

My "nom de plume" for here is perhaps not as self-explanatory as it would seem.
"Mortarman" because I was mortar platoon commander.
"Rockpainter" because, as a member of The RCR, I apparently like to paint rocks ;D

My real name
Beloved (Hebrew in Origin)
Determined Protector (Germanic in Origin)
Comrade in Battle or Spear-friend. (Old English, most likely from Anglo-Saxon in origin)

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
My "nom de plume" for here is perhaps not as self-explanatory as it would seem.
"Mortarman" because I was mortar platoon commander.
"Rockpainter" because, as a member of The RCR, I apparently like to paint rocks ;D

You forgot to mention who gave you, and why you got the name  ;D

TCBF said:
- I read the lyrics: the song is rascist.

????  the "Chickens" it refers to are the ultra-right wing, bible thumping, bigots, from the US deep south.  Are the lyrics offensive? Yeah, but racist? No. 

Back