• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does your name mean?

Wesley off that INet we all love to hate is as fol:

The name Wesley is of Old English origin, meaning “from the West meadow”. Given that we are firm believers in the virtues of Western values and thought, and that the term “meadow” is closely related to the meaning of “garth”, ie. a small garden, then the direct meaning of the name seems most suitable indeed.

I've learned something today

EDIT: So much for my Christian name, now I did my sur name. Its irish and means HANDSOM. Good gawd!

Veronica:

From wikipedia

Veronica is a Latin female given name popularly supposed to derive from Vera Icon (true image).[1] Veronica is, in fact, the Latin form of the Greek name, Berenice.[2] Berenice is derived from pherein (bring) and nikê (victory), meaning "she who brings victory".[3][4]

Berenice!!?? WTF!!?? (I agree with the rest of it though!!)  >:D

So, that leaves the most accurate reflection, and thus true description of me, to be:

I was correct all along!!

innocent0003.gif

211RadOp said:
What are you talking about?? This can't be the same Vern I've know for (inest number of years here)!!

Scared to put publicly a number there, are you  ;D ?

(spell check doesn't offer alternative to "publicly")

Michael
Given Name

Pronunciation /maɪkəl/
Gender Male
Meaning "Who is like God?"[1]
Origin Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (mee-KHA-el)
Nicknames Mike, Mick, Mikey, Mickey, Mickie, Mic, Mischka

Always knew I was good ;D

Baker

211RadOp said:
What are you talking about?? This can't be the same Vern I've know for (insert number of years here)!!

;D

Hmmm ... that'd be a quarter of a century.

Asshole.  :mad:

Grrrrr.  ;D

I didn't want to put in the number so as not to give any guess to your age.

But if you insist, yes it has been 25 years.

MedTech = MedTech was my first and the best MOC I've had since joining the CF.

In real life my first name means "Leader or King" and finds its roots in German.

Martin: Latin; The meaning is either "dedicated to Mars" or "war God" depending on where you get the info.

211RadOp said:
I didn't want to put in the number so as not to give any guess to your age.

But if you insist, yes it has been 25 years.

You meant that line in her profile : "Âge:  39" ?

:D

Mine's a bit confusing as it is a derivative of another name, the meaning of which is not well known and may have been Egyptian in origin.

Diminutive of "Mary"/ Dark skinned / Beloved / Star of the sea / Bitter / Great

ProPatria = RCR motto because I'm a royal, 031 is my MOC. so the 2 kinda go together. I know it sounds cheesy but it works

ArmyVern said:
Veronica ...  Berenice!!?? ...

- VERONICA?  BERNICE?  Oh, this just gets better and better...

;D

TCBF: Kinda like SPQR, but younger.

Name meaning for the name: Midget

Definition: He who lacks the ability to be taller than thou.

Midget

Back