• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weekend BMQ 25 NOV

Bratok said:
Definitely, considering some have no clue what they are doing and think it is fun to just run troops into the ground.

Personally, I would refrain from using the word "worse" towards this particular individual, since his experience as a fitness instructor is second to none. He also happens to own and operate a very successful fitness business as his civilian occupation (those of you taking 32CBG PLQ in the past 3 years should have encountered him and some of his staff).

In my experience, the only instructor whose PT was tougher, was a certain R22R WO with a nickname "TP" ;)

I think you took my statements wrong. I think his PT is byfar one of the best I have done. I dont get much bennifit from most of the PT I do with reserve army stuff because I do alot of PT outside the army...but he is VERY good at what he does.

Few swim test photos from our course: http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&defaultjoin=and&field=Keywords&op=contains&value=+&field=Keywords&op=contains&value=bmq&field=Shoot+Date&op=on+or+after&value=01%2F01%2F2006&field=Shoot+Date&op=on+or+before&value=06%2F06%2F2006&site=combatcamera&catalog=photos&template=results_e.np&sorton=IPTC%20-%20DateCreated&ascending=0

As a new recruit in the Canadian Forces Army Reserve, they will participate in an 11 weekend Basic Military Qualification Course (BMQ) that will be followed with three weekends of Soldier Qualification (SQ) training.

When did Reserve SQ get so short? Only 3 weekends? Is it a typo or for real?

Also, how come some people on your course aren't wearing helmet covers? An others have scrim nets(with an without scrim) while others don't?

it's more then 3 weekends, i think it's three full weeks. but it's not a weekend course.
not everyone was issued net, covers or scrims for the helmets. sooooo. we're all different. some don't even have tac vests.

man, never thought i'd have my ugly mug on a DND website. mom would be so proud lol.

HaHa, theres me!
the tool holding the rifle with his glasses.... I wish my contacts were wearable for 24hours, so i wouldn't have to wear those glasses.
I didn't realize anyone actually added to this thread after my last post, sweet.
How did you guys like the swim test? i loved jumping off that 10m diving board at the end. Its not a plane, but i guess it will do for now.  I'm glad the NCOs let us do that, it definitely brought the course together. It seems like people are sticking with the sections and units too much. We should play some team sports to help with the cohesion of the course. I only know a select few outside 1 section.
I love the PT on this course, feel great afterwards, but theres not really any team building other than the "scrambles" for the ketchup or syrup at breakfast.

We should play ranger ball, that would get some platoon spirit going!

The three weekends sound like the Pre-SQ. It is just a weapon famil and shoot(c6, c9). Then they will go to meaford for 3 weeks this summer and do the full SQ.

I thought that 'pre-SQ' was now the last bit of the last weekend in BMQ, SQ is definitely 3 weeks long.

any one from 3 section here? PM'd one that might be. message or email me please! need contact info.
thanks

I have missed a weekend of my BMQ. Does anyone have any idea what will happen?
I was told to show up next weekend with everything the army ever gave me so i am guessing i am getting kicked off course. any info would be great. 

Depending on the weekend's training things will be different. If you are on BMQ you most likely will not be kicked off. For this specific BMQ they told us that this weekend can be made up, and we are basically bringing everything we were issued to the next weekend. If you have any questions PM me.

All depends on what was missed that weekend.  Find out through your chain.

why are we bringing everything? i don't remember hearing anything about that.

Is anyone else having troubles getting all that kit into their left side pouch? I can get the rain suit in, but thats it! Nevermind sockets and all that jazz!

Exactly which pouch or pocket or whatever is the rain suit supposed to fit in the TV? I can't even imagine the raingear fitting in by itself!

i have my jacket in one pocket, and the pants in the other, i can't fit them in the same one. i tried for over an  hour. i'm too big, pockets too small.

all that other stuff?!?! i don't have it yet from the unit so i can't say how i'm going to get it in.

Back