• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

We need a motto

Mr. Ted said:
The Candian Force restructuring: Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Mr. Ted

That is absolutely hilarious!!!

or Army Transformation: painting the walls in a burning house!

Never in the course of human civilization has so much been done by so few with so little.

*With all due apologies to Winston Churchill*

Michael O'Leary said:
"It's not just about the Gizmo's"

Oops, sorry, that's taken ...... it's on the new poster for Army transformation created by the Public Affairs branch.

Yeah, I had myself a good chuckle when I first saw that poster. Why? The troops is carrying the new C9 LMG, an issued Camelbak, and has a pair of NVG's strapped to his helme.t Apparently, it's "All About the Gizmo's".

I remember some of the fake recruiting posters going around for Sea Kings with mottoes like:

"Why ask your grandfather what it was like? Find out for yourself!"

"Sea King quantity of life program, after all, what good is quality if you're not around to enjoy it?"

"30 Years of progress in Sea King technology, now our crash pictures are in full colour"

the last one you need a picture to fully appreciate it.......

I'm partial for the UK Royal Marines motto.. "99.9% need not apply"

Why don't we modify that for out purposes?

"JTF2-Sniper-Commando-Para-Ninjas Need Not Apply"

Another borrowed one:
"Nothing is too good for the Troops, so nothing is what you are going to get !!!"

The New Canadian Forces: We Care

The Canadian Navy: Ours ships are now 80% Rust Free!

The Canadian Air Force: Guntape, A Wing, and A Prayer

The Canadian Army: Now More Tanks then Generals! (sadly I cant verify that for truth....)

My contribution:

The Canadian Forces Modernization: upgrading the tradition.

Canadian Forces, now a division of Canadian Heritage! - Discover past today!

Homer Simpson's pastiche:
You never know when an old Sea King might come in handy! Sure, it's not 1963 right now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

(You never know when an old calendar might come in handy! Sure, it's not 1985 right now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?)

Cheers!   ;D

In an effort to take this thread back to the original intent, and away from the self-flagellation that we all seem to enjoy so much, how about this:

Be a Soldier: Make a Difference

Dave

Vancouvers Arts Institude Commercial  >:D

Do you like using high powered weapons?
Do you like to blow shit up?
Then your thinking like a soldier, so why not become one?

Back