• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vision Questions Megathread, Categories, Problems etc.

So do you think that I would not be able to join because of the -9.00, no matter what my acuity?

First post's link is outdated.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/pdf/AN-Eapp1-eng.pdf

Good link is below.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp

I just recently applied to combat engineering, and I'm not sure about my eyesight, I Beleive I have somewhere around a -5 or -5.5ish, but I'm not sure. All the links I've seen in this post are either gone or I can't figure them out, but if someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. This has bothered me for years, and I'm very interested in laser surgery.
    Thanks

Find out what your actual visual acuity is, not your prescription...something you'd have noticed me saying a lot if you'd actually read what it said in this thread.  You visual acuity is something either "20/X" or "6/X" depending on if it's imperial or metric.

MM

Hello, I want to apply to the pilot program.. but I have a question. I know that eye surgery is not a problem anymore, nor myopia (within the limits of course) but how about both? I had ilasik surgery last year but I'm afraid I still have about 0.50 0.75 myopia.. is it going to be a problem anyone had this situation ? I'm not in Canada at the moment so I can not go ask a recruitment office..

Thanks in advance !

ctancil said:
Hello, I want to apply to the pilot program.. but I have a question. I know that eye surgery is not a problem anymore, nor myopia (within the limits of course) but how about both? I had ilasik surgery last year but I'm afraid I still have about 0.50 0.75 myopia.. is it going to be a problem anyone had this situation ? I'm not in Canada at the moment so I can not go ask a recruitment office..

Thanks in advance !

You can still phone and talk with CFRC medical personnel.
M

Infantry requires at least V3 in Acuity and CV3 in Colour testing
V3 = uncorrected vision up to 6/60 on both eyes
CV3 = uncorrected colour vision, you may fail both colour vision tests. I believe you still need to see some colour though and can't be completely colour blind

sunnyblueskies said:
Infantry requires at least V3 in Acuity and CV3 in Colour testing
V3 = uncorrected vision up to 6/60 on both eyes
CV3 = uncorrected colour vision, you may fail both colour vision tests. I believe you still need to see some colour though and can't be completely colour blind

That came kinda out of nowhere...and likely answered something that was answered a gazillion posts ago unless my new glasses are screwed up.

Or I guy looked.

Or both.

Yup, I apologize!!!  ::)

I was reading on a previous page, thought it was a last thread of the forum!
Should I delete my post?

Hello, I know many questions have been asked like this, but i just cant seem to find a good answer.  I have finished my aptitude test, and just finished my medical.  Now my file is being sent away to be reviewed by the doctors in Ottawa.  My prescription is -3.00 on my right eye and -3.75 on my left eye.  With my glasses/ contacts in my eyesight is 20/20.  Although, my uncorrected vision is 6/90 right, and 6/120 on my left eye.  To my understanding this would not work for joining the infantry reserves.  Is it still possible to join the infantry reserve unit?

Thanks,
Matt

I think you'll find that this is V4...you could join said reserve unit, but not as an infanteer.

MM

I have bad vision as well so is it possible I can where prescription sport glasses when doing physical activity?

I am looking to go into Combat Arms. Infantry or Armoured

teabag87 said:
I have bad vision as well so is it possible I can where prescription sport glasses when doing physical activity?

I am looking to go into Combat Arms. Infantry or Armoured

You can wear any glasses you like pretty much (within reason)...you'll have to get inserts for your ballistic glasses though.  This is all of course conditional on you having requisite eyesight.

MM

medicineman said:
You can wear any glasses you like pretty much (within reason)...you'll have to get inserts for your ballistic glasses though.  This is all of course conditional on you having requisite eyesight.

MM

Will the CF be responsible for getting me specially made sports glasses or do I have o buy them?

You get routine glasses for routine wear, inserts for your ballistic eyewear and respirator...if you're PRes, only the last two.

MM

I really want to get into infantry one day but i dont know if its ever gonna happen based on my eyesight... i tried searching around couldn't find anything maybe i dont really know
what im dong , can someone possibly help me out ? searched around and couldn't find anything on + prescriptions only saw -'s.

My prescription.
O.D.  +3.25    -0.75  x 168 degrees

O.S.  +0.28    -0.50  x 91 degrees

I just had a question about glasses, My vision isn't that bad I only need to wear glasses to drive and read things at a distance. My question was when they conduct the vision testing, are you allowed to wear your glasses or do you take them off?

Thank you

Back