• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical exam and forms

prrizk

Reaction score
Hello, two questions (sorry): not sure if my issue happened to anyone else here, but I completed my medical exam and sat with the med tech who did the physical and asked me some questions about the form I filled out. The only main issue I had was related to my kidneys (kidney stones) in 2013 and 2020 (not genetic, just eating a lot of junk) the med tech told me that this MAY be a problem (apparently if something happens multiple times it may be viable for concern). My first question is: Is this something that could actually disqualify me from joining the army?

My second question is related to the medical forms themselves: they want a GP to provide more info about the kidney stones from 2013 and 2020; the issue is I wasn't even in Canada in 2013 and have no idea who the doctor was or if they even have a file for me at the hospital (I did tell the med tech this, not sure why they added this to the form) the 2020 happened in Canada but in another province; no idea who the doctor was or what to do. I do not have a family doctor either which compounded the problem, basically I will need to take these forms to a walk-in clinic doctor and I have no idea what to tell them. So I guess my question is, what do I do with this issue?

Again, sorry for bothering you all with this, its just been on my head since I left the medical exam lol. Hope someone could provide some insight on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Google the hospitals concerned and their medical records' sections, contact them for a release of the chart and imaging information would be a start, so that hopefully your GP can make an honest assessment. Imaging would be a good thing to have, as if you have any other stones still in the kidneys could give an indication of possible recurrence. Also, this information may be dated, but IIRC from my recruiting days, they wanted a 5 year interval since the last stone if there are no more in the kidneys...this may have changed, however if you've had them before, especially if dehydrated, puts you at higher risk of reoccurrence.

Google the hospitals concerned and their medical records' sections, contact them for a release of the chart and imaging information would be a start, so that hopefully your GP can make an honest assessment. Imaging would be a good thing to have, as if you have any other stones still in the kidneys could give an indication of possible recurrence. Also, this information may be dated, but IIRC from my recruiting days, they wanted a 5 year interval since the last stone if there are no more in the kidneys...this may have changed, however if you've had them before, especially if dehydrated, puts you at higher risk of reoccurrence.
Thank you for your answer, and sorry for the late response. I did get a reply back from the RMO letting me know that I do not currently meet the Common Enrollment Medical Standards due to the following:

1. Recurrent renal colic – has been less then 5 years since last episode, the Family Doctor Letter (FDL) indicates at higher risk of recurrence then the general population. You can reconsider after 5 years since last episode and objective evidence no new stone formation in the interim.

2. Mental Health (MH) – recent work related “burnout” requiring time off/decreased work hours for 3-month period, has been less than 6 months since return to work to full time. At high risk of recurrence in stressful military environment.

I asked if I could make an appeal, the Medical Officer told me I could but I would need to meet the requirements (5 years since last episode and provide imaging just like you mentioned and that I have been working full time since my burnout for at least a year). Not sure if you might know much about this but apparently they told me the file will be closed, but whenever i submit an update to my medical assessment and the RMO approves it, they would re-open my file (even if its a year from now, which is when I would meet the requirement for "5 years since last episode"). Does that mean I won't have to go through the whole application process from the beginning?

I asked if I could make an appeal, the Medical Officer told me I could but I would need to meet the requirements (5 years since last episode and provide imaging just like you mentioned and that I have been working full time since my burnout for at least a year). Not sure if you might know much about this but apparently they told me the file will be closed, but whenever i submit an update to my medical assessment and the RMO approves it, they would re-open my file (even if its a year from now, which is when I would meet the requirement for "5 years since last episode"). Does that mean I won't have to go through the whole application process from the beginning?
Some of your processing will still be valid. For example, CFAT scores don't expire. However, the minimum CFAT scores required to get into any given occupation are subject to change, and the recruiting staff will have to verify that your scores still meet the cutoffs.

Other aspects of processing have time limits, and if they have expired they may need to be redone. A lot of that depends on exactly how far along these processes were and on what date it was finalized.

Back