• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vimy Ridge Trip

CADPAT SOLDIER

Inactive
Reaction score
So after talking to my history teacher I've found out that my school is planning a trip to vimy Ridge (It's actually a battle field tour that's the brainchild of a long running joke me and the teacher had) next school year "90th anniversary" or something.
Needless to say I'm pretty pumped looks like it'll be a good year, looks good for BMQ this summer and vimy during the school year.

I have one question though Its rather expensive and I have a friend who's great grandfather won the VC in WWI (Possibly at Vimy Ridge??). Do you think there would be some sort of funding out there to subsidise his trip?

I would work to get whatever funding you could.  Vimy is one of Canada's most memorable sites.  I wish I had gone when I had the chance in Germany.  I would suggest to call up your local legion office and ask if they know of any programs.

Talk to your school.  Depending on how your principal is, he/she may assist you in securing funding for your pal.  I work in a school and you'd be surprised how much some senior administrators and teachers care for the students, especially when it comes to something as thoughtful as what you're trying to do.

Back