• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Hello there,

I want to re-enroll in the military. I applied a while ago and just got my TSD personality test booked for next month. I`m wondering how long the whole process can take. I tried calling CFRC but was unable to reach. I`m working a full-time job so it`s a little hard for me to make the trip personally. Hopefully someone here can guide.

Thanks.

Nobody can tell you how long the whole YOUR process can take.My personal experience - I applied March,15,2015 .I didn't need to do even TSD. I am merit listed since February, 2016. Somebody has faster, somebody  hasn't.

so many different variables will change the outcome.

-School results
-Time between the appointments
-if you fail any type of tests
-if the trade you decided is open
-if the results of your CFAT are competitive
-etc. etc. etc.

All of this will make DRASTIC changes on the timeframe it can take.  Some may take 6 months , some 1 year , some 2 years .... it depends on A LOT of things !

PuckChaser said:
If you had a prognosis of recovery, why are you medically released?

Ex-mbr is currently "getting a lot better" after 6 yrs of treatment. And recurrence or treatment resistance is properly seen as higher risk (not sure if mbr here had 6 yrs of treatment non-stop, or 6 yrs total for a recurring issue).
Thankfully the system does have a level of awareness of the insta-cures some mbr undergo after yrs of issues as soon as a release message makes an appearance.

From the Original Poster,

me999 said:
I WANT BACK IN!

For future reference, perhaps this discussion will be merged with,

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.475
25 pages.

Nudibranch said:
Thankfully the system does have a level of awareness of the insta-cures some mbr undergo after yrs of issues as soon as a release message makes an appearance.

...and deployments, and cool courses, and hockey tournaments, and, and, and.

Not that I've seen much of that in the past.

MM

I just got an offer last week. It took me just over a year to get back in. Everyone's time lines are different and there are different issues people run into.
You have to be patient and let things happen as they happen.

Colta said:
I just got an offer last week. It took me just over a year to get back in. Everyone's time lines are different and there are different issues people run into.
You have to be patient and let things happen as they happen.

Roger that. Had lots of practice doing the hurry up and wait thing. Glad to hear you got your offer Colta.

Hey everyone, I was in basic training did about 2 months then Vr'd(about 3 years ago) due to family problems, everything is good now but i want back in, i called the recruiting office and they said i would have to go through the reserves and get in that way for reg force. The reason why was because back then my test score was a pass and now from what they told me is that the score changes every year and the passing mark i had wont be considered to get back into the reg forces.. is there any way around this?  thanks.

dfm112286 said:
Hey everyone, I was in basic training did about 2 months then Vr'd(about 3 years ago) due to family problems, everything is good now but i want back in, i called the recruiting office and they said i would have to go through the reserves and get in that way for reg force. The reason why was because back then my test score was a pass and now from what they told me is that the score changes every year and the passing mark i had wont be considered to get back into the reg forces.. is there any way around this?  thanks.

That is wrong, you do NOT have enrol in the Reserves in order to get back in. If your goal is Regular Force, you apply to the Regular Force.

You can rewrite the CFAT. However, should you score lower, they will not honour your previous score.

Hi. Just need some info I wrote the test for the 3rd time and got in. Went to bmq but had to vr due to family issues. It's been about 3 years now and I'm ready to go back but when I talked to a recruiter they said since my test scores from before did not meet the passing mark as the scores changes every year I would have to go into a reserve unit and go on from there. I don't want to do a reserve unit I want to do reg. Is it possible to rewrite the test? Since I wrote the test the 3rd time? Or am I done for. Thanks

LunchMeat said:
You can rewrite the CFAT.

Sounds like dfm112286 has already done it three times,

dfm112286 said:
Is it possible to rewrite the test? Since I wrote the test the 3rd time?

http://army.ca/forums/threads/122478.0.html

Didn't you already ask this question?

And I just merged that post into this thread.

And I'm in! Was re-enrolled last Thursday at 6 Engineer Squadron in North Van. I'm a Captain again also, and managed to pick up all my gear at 19 Wing Comox this week.

I don't have a real position yet - I'm in RHQ and part of the Ops Cell. I totally get that the Regiment needs to check me out before they give me real work.

I have to say I am super stoked to be back in. Went through all my gear and labelled it last night. Dug out all of my old "extras" that make Army life better. First ex at the end of April.

CHIMO!

Saw this in Ask a CAF Recruiter. Adding it here for future reference,

Left the CF & comming back
CBT-TRACKER said:
Hey I left the CF in NOV i am in the New Zealand Army at the moment. I hope to re-enlist into the CF when I come back.

See also,

The "Wanting To Join Another Military" Thread- Them To Us- Us To Them 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/18494.400.html
17 pages.

CBT-TRACKER said:
Am I able to begin the process online before i come back to Canada?

Applying from Overseas (Officer, NCM - merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/86619.100
5 pages.

Applying from Abroad 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/114771.0/nowap.html

etc...

( There are a lot of applying from outside Canada discussions. )

And the last has been merged with the second.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions I have. I was going Reg force for infantry and completed my BMQ but ended up having to release due to issues at home. I was wondering if anyone knew how long i'd have to wait to reapply? and what are the odds of me getting back in? and how long that'd take? Also would there be any way to help get back in?

Thanks.

JJ09 said:
I was going Reg force for infantry and completed my BMQ but ended up having to release due to issues at home. I was wondering if anyone knew how long i'd have to wait to reapply? and what are the odds of me getting back in? and how long that'd take? Also would there be any way to help get back in?

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.625
26 pages.

See also,

Release and Reapply 
JJ09 said:
Hi i was just wondering if I'd be able to get help with a few questions I have. I was going Reg force for infantry but after completion of BMQ I had to release (4c) due to issues at home. I was wondering how long I'll have to wait to reapply for reg force? and the odds of me being able to get back in? Also what could I do to help myself get back in quicker?

Thanks

Back