• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US to close fast food in Afghan bases - Timmies & Greenbean will stay

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
At least the chances of getting the krud 6 times in a tour is somewhat lessened in KAF.

Even you picked your trade DP...........even you.

CDN Aviator said:
Even you picked your trade DP...........even you.

Yep, sure did but that's not the point. Things have massively improved in KAF and yet there are still whiners.

It's a frackin' war zone....some people tend to forget that.

Regards

It's a frackin' war zone....some people tend to forget that.

Just like some people forget they joined the combat arms so they get to play with big guns and kill stuff.

Oh the hard life of living in KAF.....          ::)

Regards

Do you think I signed up to hang out in KAF?

Regards

I was complaining about pork neck as a joke.  I thank my lucky stars every freakin' day here that I joined the trade I did.  I have no complaints about kaf beyond the food.  And I've eaten at other places, DFAC's included.  If the herc breaks somewhere shady, I still have to get my rear out there and fix it, which means that yes, I am not in kaf all of the time.  Let's not turn this into a "When I was your age, I walked to school uphill both ways in a snowstorm in -1000 degrees in my bare feet, blah blah" argument, it's silly.  There's nothing wrong with trying to enjoy a little piece of home when you're so far away from it.  Yes, there are people worse off -- but there will always be someone worse off than you, even the guys out in the fobs, or OTW doing crap jobs -- always worse things to do, or places to be.  We're all in it together.  I may not get shot at every day, but if it weren't for me and others like me, you wouldn't make it back to CM to catch your hlta flight, or your ride home.  We're all part of the same team here.

Supreme was far better overall than KBR was from my first time over.  But, I did miss the dirty bird and blackened catfish that KBR used to do on a regular basis.

jollyjacktar said:
Supreme was far better overall than KBR was from my first time over.  But, I did miss the dirty bird and blackened catfish that KBR used to do on a regular basis.

Sorry I can't say the same.  I preferred KBR over Supreme.

My first trip over earlier in the year, Supreme wasn't nearly this bad, actually...  A lot of the stuff comes from Pakistan, and because of all the weather stuff going on there, they're running short of almost everything.

For awhile there was no rice, no pasta, no veggies outside of cans, no beef, no chicken, no milk --  so lots and lots of pork, every day, was all there was for a few weeks.  That was the worst part of this trip for sure.  I didn't mind it too much last time, I ate at the pasta bar a lot, it was usually a safe bet.

Never spent more then a couple of days at KAF but the Supreme kitchen out at Frontenec does an awesome job the few time I've been there.

Plus they stock near beer,Rip It Fuel drinks,  and Cliff bars .

Heater bags and rats for 6 months, it was nice getting pizza hut when we came in for HLTA. Just limit the pogs to 3 whoppers a day or something I dont see the problem.

Arsenal said:
Just limit the pogs to 3 whoppers a day or something I dont see the problem.
Well, FYI, this pog has 1 whopper/tour.  Hope that didn't piss you off that this pog had a whopper.  Seems I was too busy getting massages and olive oil treatments (between pedicures) to walk over to BK.  Actually, I never walked, we had a pedway installed.  ::)

Arsenal said:
Just limit the pogs to 3 whoppers a day or something I dont see the problem.

Nice.  ::)  I had a Whopper once on my first tour, but had to drive from Kabul to Bagram to get it, manning the shotgun part of the way.  Good enough for you?*

*Completely rhetorical, I really don't give a rat's ass.

I have been here since Dec 08....  I've had 1 Whopper in early 09 and it was awful!  Pizza, twice, tolerable.  DFACs make pretty good food and except for lining up for everything, they aren't terrible places to eat.

The pizza was good for those times when stuck in the TOC on extended planning sessions and there wasn't sufficient time during the regulated meals hours to head to a mess hall (I refuse to call them "DFACs"). 

With the opening of the North Line (mess hall ;D) us flight line guys don't miss meals any longer.  With 12 hr shifts there was never much need for the other facilities.  Timmies excepted, it was a nice walk about.  Without Timmies....  you should see how empty the boardwalk is.  A huge change.

Shane Stachnic was a POG.  Shawn Eades was a POG.  So was Marty Goudreault.  They were all friends of mine, and are gone now.  The world is a poorer place without them in it.  Suck it, Mr rough tough infantry guy.

Kat Stevens said:
Shane Stachnic was a POG.  Shawn Eades was a POG.  So was Marty Goudreault.  They were all friends of mine, and are gone now.  The world is a poorer place without them in it.  Suck it, Mr rough tough infantry guy.

Post of the year.
Bruce

Never spent more then a couple of days at KAF but the Supreme kitchen out at Frontenec does an awesome job the few time I've been there.

Plus they stock near beer,Rip It Fuel drinks,  and Cliff bars .

They have Supreme out at FOB Fabulous now? *sigh* How the mighty have fallen.

It was always a goldmine for snacks though, especially after the battlegroup moved to Wilson in the summer of '08. Ah, memories...

Back