• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

URINE Questions

• Thread starter dave_conolly
  • Start date
definatly peeing involved during your recruitment medical... Just got home from mine

would vitamins like centrum or equate, tylenol or asthma medication show up in a urine test?

Mod Note - split and made into separate topic.

735_winnipeg said:
would vitamins like centrum or equate, tylenol or asthma medication show up in a urine test?

If they do, that probably means you're taking way too much of them and your body is trying to dump the excess that it cannot process.  If the test does identify them, high levels could raise questions of their own that might require further medical assessment.

Ebenezer 'the Grinch' Scrooge said:
Shouldn't matter, as long as you study hard enough. :p

Gee... I just spelt my beer all over the desk now! Good one! +1

I have just completed my recruitment process and I received my job offer today.  All i can say is that when I did my urine test I was totally drunk and hopped up on pills and they said GOOD ENOUGH, YOUR IN!!!!!!!!!! just kidding. honestly if you have any questions about the test I would suggest asking someone at the recruitment office, i'm sure they know all the details you need to know.

See you in the field >:D :salute:

Sgt  Schultz (SANKT NIKOLAUS) said:
Are you aware "the field" is a big place, right?
Well yes I do realize that, but you never know..................

The regeant strip urinalysis is basically a general indicator. It's also used to indicate the presence of blood, protein, a few other things. Any gross abnormalities found & you are usually given a letter to take to your family doc to clarify / rule out any possible medical condition. Eg; the presence of sugar / glucose could (but not necessarily) indicate the presence of diabetes - an individual is usually given a letter for his family doc to rule out diabetes.

It's funny to hear how many people think the urine test at CFRC is looking for drugs. 

If it was that easy to test for drugs, they'd be doing it every Monday morning.

Colin P said:
It's real a test to see if you can pee into the cup and not your hand.  :)

Good one!  I wonder if you get a retest in that case.

Cpl4Life said:
Good one!  I wonder if you get a retest in that case.

Yes you do, but following the rules as laid out by Standards, you must wait a minimum of 24 hours.  If you fail the second time, you will be put on PRB and following their decision, you may be allowed a third test, or be Recoursed.

Colin P said:
It's real a test to see if you can pee into the cup and not your hand. 

It may sound funny,but perhaps it should be used as a screening method.  On more than one occasion (back in the dark ages when I used to do that sort of work) some applicants had trouble passing that simple PO.  Not only did they miss the container and get their hand, some started the procedure before removing their apparatus (with highly visible results), some removed their apparatus and started the procedure immediately (in full public view), one returned with a sample of another fluid (maybe he confused our MIR with a fertility clinic), one got his apparatus stuck in the container and one went screaming from the MIR, running through the building shouting something about "trying to get him" (not a great problem except that the building address was 101 Colonel By Drive).

I applied for the cf just recently. I am accepted except for my medical. I tested positive for protein and hemoglobin in my urine. I have to get a doctor to do blood and urine tests on me to make sure I am suitable for the cf. Has this happened to many other people who have tried to apply for the cf? What are the chances of me still being able to get in the cf and what are the causes of protein and hemoglobin showing up in urine? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you to all who reply.

Bryden,

We're not doctors here and every case is different. No one here can tell you one way or the other. The only people that can give you an answer are the people at the CFRC. I suggest you ask them. You can also look around in the Recruiting Forum, there may be something general that will help you.

Good luck.

Milnet.ca Staff

Okay so from what I've seen they do not ask for blood but do take a urine sample.  Now, do they still wish to have bloodwork?  I ask because I do in fact get a workup from my doctor and wish to know if they would require forwarding of the lab results to them or not, and also how long before they consider those results void (6 months I think)?

Thanks

That depends. A basic urinalysis is done for every recruit applicant medical. If you are over 40, you will be given a letter to take to your doctor for bloodwork ( lipid profile ) and for an ECG. Certain occupations ( such as pilot) also require bloodwork and other medical procedures - which will be explained to you when you do your medical at the CFRC or one of its detachments.

Back