• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

URINE Questions

• Thread starter dave_conolly
  • Start date
Yes, I heard this last week, directly from the physician assistant and my recruiter.

Remember that  you have made statements to the effect that you have not consumed drugs.
They can test you @ the CFRC or they can test you at St Jean during your recruit training.  AND if they find something at that time, you are guilty of having made a false declaration, you could then be turfed out for an irregular / fraudulent enrollment

Should you heave a sigh of relief?

You will be given the opportunity to give a urine sample many times during your military career.  Depending on your age, your health, availability of testing facilities, legal requirements, etc. there will be ample opportunities for you to 'donate' a sample.  Just because you may not do one now, doesn't mean you won't be doing one very shortly.

This is from Wikipedia re: "Canadian Forces Drug Control Program".
I do not know how accurate the info is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_Drug_Control_Program

mariomike said:
This is from Wikipedia re: "Canadian Forces Drug Control Program".
I do not know how accurate the info is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_Drug_Control_Program

Never assume that the Urine Test is solely for detection of Drugs.  It is not.  It is, for the most part, for the detection of "health issues".

George Wallace said:
Never assume that the Urine Test is solely for detection of Drugs.  It is not.  It is, for the most part, for the detection of "health issues".

I don't know if they still do it, but I've seen doctors dip their fingers into the cup and "taste test" urine. A sweet taste meant the patient had diabetes.

shadowkila said:
The Doctor said that i should pack my bag's and keep them next to the door becuase i'll be heading out for basic training very soon. I don't take any sort of drug's either so giving a urine sample would not be a problem.

They didn't give me any paper's to get filled out either, said everything was great and to expect a call in about 2-3 week's after my file get's sent back from Ottawa.

Well, apparently there is no BMQ in May.

Maybe in the past but I can assure you that no doctor in today's health care system is going to put your urine, or any other bodily fluid into his or her mouth.
Its quicker and more accurate to use the dipsticks.

Apparently (according to Science World) alligator dung used to be used as an effective contraceptive. Just push a little up there and the environment would become to acidic for sperm to survive. Funny how things have changed...

I don't know if they still do it, but I've seen doctors dip their fingers into the cup and "taste test" urine. A sweet taste meant the patient had diabetes.

I'm pretty sure that "practice" is not followed by Canadian Medical Pers but I'm sure if you ask real nicely they will have what-ever they don't need for tests so you can "taste test" yourself

Teflon said:
I'm pretty sure that "practice" is not followed by Canadian Medical Pers but I'm sure if you ask real nicely they will have what-ever they don't need for tests so you can "taste test" yourself

I didn't say I saw it in military hospitals. You are speaking of the present, what I saw was in the past. Believe it, or not.
There's no need for sarcasm.

As of last week, we are no longer testing Applicants Urine at the CFRC Level, except for those applicants who are going for:

Aircrew Trades
SAR TECH
BioScience 

However, that being said, as previously stated you will be given ample oppertunity to provide both Urine and Blood Samples to the Medics during your carreer, for both Health and Legal related issues.

But, all things are subject to change without prior notice.  We haven't thrown out the bottles yet or the dipsticks.  All it takes is an E-mail and the decision is reversed.  And we still have our Family Doctor Letters....     

Well, why not get rid of the medical exam altogether? I know from personal experience from doing recruit medicals a couple of years ago that from just from doing the dipstick I have seen the glucose reading come back black indicating +++ glucose and sent the applicant off to see his family docs: of course it turned out he was diabetic and never mentioned he was diabetic requiring daily injections of insulin (and yes, I asked him).
We also got rid of the PT testing at the recruiting level. I just got back from GMT-IT in St-Jean...IMHO I  believe we should bring back the pt testing at the recruiting centres

xo31@711ret said:
I just got back from GMT-IT in St-Jean...IMHO I  believe we should bring back the pt testing at the recruiting centres

... for both applicants and some staff...

Fiver said:
Well, apparently there is no BMQ in May.

That is strange as I was in for my interview 2 days ago, and asked repeatedly about that particular problem, and was told by more than one person that they see nothing that says there is no BMQ in May. They were checking the computer systems and I kept getting the same answer, "I dont see anything about that on here." SO I keep my fingers crossed for a May BMQ, although being waaay out here in Vancouver, perhaps we are not as updated on the current St. Jean "goings on" as you.  :bunny:

Tulach Ard said:
That is strange as I was in for my interview 2 days ago, and asked repeatedly about that particular problem, and was told by more than one person that they see nothing that says there is no BMQ in May. They were checking the computer systems and I kept getting the same answer, "I dont see anything about that on here." SO I keep my fingers crossed for a May BMQ, although being waaay out here in Vancouver, perhaps we are not as updated on the current St. Jean "goings on" as you.  :bunny:

First:  They are in the Recruiting System.

Second:  BMQ falls under the Training System's Control.

Third:  Did they look in the CFTPO or in the National Training Events Lists?

Fourth:  Recruiting and Training Systems have been known NOT TO Talk to EACH OTHER.

ohwell.gif

I was not asked aswell, but :salute: they will probably before basic training, like right before basic, so no one shows up with contraband in there blood stream, which is good I really don't want any druggies standing with a c7 next to me.

I had my medical done on April 24th and the same thing happened, the med tech sent me on my way and i asked him and he said no.

Mind you i am joining the reserves so this might be a different story.....

:salute:

Back