• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

And the Rest units that parade platoons will be the loudest at yelling about it.
What are you even talking about lmao. It's been established on like 8 different threads that small units should be amalgamated. The resistors to this will be the boomers saying "this uniform was good enough for me in 82, it's still good enough now, fucking reservists". When in reality, it's just because the shitty material isn't made anymore.

What does Canadian look like? Red serge? British. Stetson? American. We're a blend of both really, so what's the issue with going with a Commonwealth yet stylish suit for our new DEUs?
Having been to a few ABCANZ activities where the Brits keep misidentifying the Aussies and Kiwis while Americans confuse all three but everyone recognizes the Canadians, I would suggest there is value to being recognizable. Our military and political leadership want to score points just for showing-up in international forums, and distinct uniforms actually help that.

What are you even talking about lmao. It's been established on like 8 different threads that small units should be amalgamated. The resistors to this will be the boomers saying "this uniform was good enough for me in 82, it's still good enough now, fucking reservists". When in reality, it's just because the shitty material isn't made anymore.
Go ahead - make fun of Boomers ... but images like this form part of my memories.

432777330_794803489336704_8881827750531486764_n.jpg

Can you say the same?

And yes - that does give us a leg up when discussing uniforms.

:giggle:

Having been to a few ABCANZ activities where the Brits keep misidentifying the Aussies and Kiwis while Americans confuse all three but everyone recognizes the Canadians, I would suggest there is value to being recognizable. Our military and political leadership want to score points just for showing-up in international forums, and distinct uniforms actually help that.
Yeah, they’re probably saying “they’re the ones with the godawful mint green shirts”.

I know and have worked with and for both.

I know who I trust more.
Reservists for myself and its not even close. So much less careerist. Less experienced, probably. I've met three or four Reg officers not actively fucking over their troops for career gains. But that's just my experience.

Reservists for myself and its not even close. So much less careerist. Less experienced, probably. I've met three or four Reg officers not actively fucking over their troops for career gains. But that's just my experience.
Having had experience in both Res and Reg, there are shitty people in both. There are also fantastic people in both.

The problem with the shitty Res folks is that they treat the Res as a hobby, which is fine, but there are still rules and regulations (financial and others) to follow. Some of those folks don’t follow them because “hey, it’s my hobby for a few hours a week”.

OK lets get down to business.

Toques and gloves. Discuss.
For the last time, we can wear either, both, or none now. :ROFLMAO:

Distinct doesn’t have to be ugly.

Go ahead - make fun of Boomers ... but images like this form part of my memories.

432777330_794803489336704_8881827750531486764_n.jpg

Can you say the same?

And yes - that does give us a leg up when discussing uniforms.

:giggle:
As a late Gen X / early Millennial I have other images, but they’re…uh, I’m not posting them.

Back