• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I’m sure some RSMs will ensure that various regiments maintain their random differences.
Actually its not the RSM who dictates who wears what hat. It is his job to enforce the regulations as authorized by his or her CO.

Mind you, the RSM does have the ear of the CO.

Better than the PVC fetish we had for a good 40 years. Those white, plastic monstrosities can die in a fire.
You should see the utter shit white belts that logistiks sell to us. The white plastic belts with brass fittings are sturdy and last forever.

until someone wants to promote me to general I refuse to wear a Forge cap.

I mean, that is basically what the new uniform is going to look like anyways.
Backing up a bit, how the hell did the RCAF not take a look at this, then send something direct to Logistik Unicorp to the effect of “this, without the shoulder straps, in blue”?

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

View attachment 83669

Here is a picture that was taken during the International Women's Day Display showing off the prototype Canadian Army Service Dress.

View attachment 83660
Any indications of when this uniform will be delivered? I've heard a variety of rumours, mostly centring on 2025, but it'd be nice to have a ballpark to when we will be switching.

Any indications of when this uniform will be delivered? I've heard a variety of rumours, mostly centring on 2025, but it'd be nice to have a ballpark to when we will be switching.
The BN I read stated the goal was IOC for Q3 2024, FOC for Q3 2025, and sustainment from 2026 onward.

The fact that the concept and approval is done and on its way to trials right now is a good start

The ruleset is reasonably well defined. CAF insistence on APs to mess things up, and GOFOs trying to force last minute changes are more of an obstacle than either of those two.
Except that when projects last decades, there needs to have the flexibility to change as the environment changes. Requirements from 20 years ago may not make sense anymore.

I'm good. The RCN has a reasonable balance of tradition, and modernity in the DEU already. Two more buttons aren't going to make my jacket feel any more "navy" than it already does.
Historically, the 8-button RCN jacket is for officers. Chiefs and POs had a 6-button jacket, pretty much exactly what the RCN has now.

But yeah, not sure why that will change anything.

Historically, the 8-button RCN jacket is for officers. Chiefs and POs had a 6-button jacket, pretty much exactly what the RCN has now.

But yeah, not sure why that will change anything.
Fair, my point stands. Seeing RCN officers with eight buttons won't make me feel any more navy either.

Maybe if they gave NWOs two moustaches in place of buttons the modern and traditional sensibilities can be assuaged. :ROFLMAO:

Except that when projects last decades, there needs to have the flexibility to change as the environment changes. Requirements from 20 years ago may not make sense anymore.
The process is supposed to cover those eventualities.

It doesn't in practice, though, because not everyone posted in in in the top third of the merit list, and there are many folks who will just put their heads down and carry on, and never ask "has the situation changed?"

I have seen projects in implementation experiencing significant problems where the sponsor has sent their PD on SLT instead of keeping them in the project. That's not a process problem; that's not a TBS or PSPC problem; that's a sponsor not caring problem.

Last edited:
Back