• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

The current uniform fabric is discontinued or something, so Logistik can’t make the CA DEU anymore.

Also, the folks doing the staff work aren’t the same ones doing the other procurement you’re talking about. There can be different projects going on at once.
This is the actual reason, new troops aren’t even getting DEUs at St Jean anymore and can’t order DEUs. As always we waited until after the problem hit a critical stage.

That's a high waist and short trousers. Who designed it, Archie Bunker? Also, ugly hat on the skirt option.
These are the ugliest uniforms ever. Horrible. Is this a stitch up or what???
I'm assuming the look we're seeing here comes from some bad dressing of the modelling dummies rather than simply a bad cut and form. Except for the female uniform where little things like the lack of a cap badge and collar dogs, notwithstanding there are ribbons on her chest, makes me question what's going on.

I'm quite pleased with the return to the tan and the general cut - things like the wider belt loops to make a wider military belt possible (and yes, even a stable belt)

The most important question here is why? Considering we are lacking so much more important things (arty, tanks, AD, portable AT, supply vehicles, ships, planes, etc.) than wasting millions on a new uniform, why bother?

We constantly complain about not having enough funds to acquire the equipment we need, yet when we do have funds this is the type of project we waste money and manpower on. Just a symptom of a organization which has lost sight of its purpose.
Uniforms need replacing continuously as new troops join and older ones wear out. If this is phased in then it could be a zero cost or minimal cost issue. (They could phase in brown shoes too)

At some point we had to ask, "Why are we still in greens?". The uniform came in as a compromise between the existing traditional two shades of blue and brown in order to make a common tri-service uniform. Since the RCAF and the RCN have already gone back to theirs, I see no real issue with phasing back to tan for the army. It puts us back in general sink with most armies in the world. Canadian soldiers will again be recognized as such and not confused with bus drivers.

Yes. I'm a bit of an old curmudgeon but, if you think about it, all those holding on to the greens are a form of middle-aged curmudgeons in their own right. After a half a century run for the greens, a refresh is in order.

🍻

These are the ugliest uniforms ever. Horrible. Is this a stitch up or what???

Agreed.

It could be just the quality of the photography, but the "female" uniform appears to be a slightly different shade and material. My initial thought was "gunny sack". Are these examples of the actual new uniforms proposed or perhaps a Logistik Unicorp mockup based on rags they already provide to another customer? That may (hopefully) explain the differences in male/female uniforms - cut, pockets, necktie, hat, and on and on. I remember the complaints (I was married at the time to a loggie who absolutely hated the female uniforms of the 70s and 80s) about those differences that were eventually changed to eliminate the "feminine" emphasis.

Yes. I'm a bit of an old curmudgeon but, if you think about it, all those holding on to the greens are a form of middle-aged curmudgeons in their own right. After a half a century run for the greens, a refresh is in order.
The latest salvo in the eternal battle between those who want us to look like Sir Arthur William Currie and those who prefer a Chum Drm Bedrum look.

Honestly, I think if this is the prototype, it's a win so far.

It looks like an Army uniform, and hopefully will have better quality of materials and cut.

That said, I await the numerous "improvements" in the production phase that will lead to it being a completely different product I put together for Remembrance Day 2029.

What link?
Infanteer posted a link to a picture on Twitter (or X, whatever it wants to be called). Because of the way Twitter formats previews the bottom of the picture in that link was cut off, not showing the model's feet. Not seeing the feet, FJAG commented that he hopped the new uniform would include brown boots. I informed him that clicking the link would show the models dressed in black boots. I then clipped the picture and inserted it into my post so people did not have to scroll back to the Twitter link to click it.

TLDR: no official link but the picture linked showed the prototypes dressed in black boots.

For those asking why, and I believe it has been already said here, a new DEU is being procured because the awful 65 %wool / 35% polyester 1970s leisure suit blend that we used to use is no longer manufactured by industry; thus, we have many troops who cannot replace old DEU items or get DEUs at all. I have at least one junior troop who worked for me who was unable to procure a tunic at all.

They are using this as an in to change the cut, colour & make it more suitable for women's body types. This is a promising start and I am happy with the direct that they are going in.

I have a Sam Browne Black for any Rifle Regt, Armour Regt pers who is interested.

Not so fast Trebek!! (Think Sean Connery and SNL Jeopardy)
darrell hammond snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well, no Sam Browne belt anyway ... I hope.
From what I see on ACIMS... it's coming as well. Part of the Canadian Army Leather Refit project to replace all the godawful plastic whites for ceremonial.

Corps were asked to give returns to DLR WRT requirements colour wise for their OR, SNCOs , WOs, and Offrs based on Regimental/Corps tradition. Included in that were Sam Browne belts.

Last edited:
The current uniform fabric is discontinued or something, so Logistik can’t make the CA DEU anymore.

Also, the folks doing the staff work aren’t the same ones doing the other procurement you’re talking about. There can be different projects going on at once.
Typical HQ suck and blow!

Back