• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I'm still waiting for these to be issued, with cap badges affixed ;)

Animated GIF
There have been a saddenly-low level of muskrat hat sightings.

Sad. It was awesome navigation around NDHQ (like when you’re booted off the O-Train while they perform yet again another systems check). 👍🏼

It's too warm for one... I have a cheap synthetic one for walking to work and I wore it once so far this year. The bright side is that I get to wear my peak cap everywhere.

To you and @Eye In The Sky re ball caps:

I have it on good authority that the dragging is due to the company not being able to get the X thousand caps out by Jan 2023.

The delay wasn't from the RCAF.

I did hear about the prototype screw up with the badge/stitching not being centered. The info from the CWO-net is that problem now is contracting issues with the CANEX. I said “so eliminate the CANEX”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did hear about the prototype screw up with the badge/stitching not being centered. The info from the CWO-net is that problem now is contracting issues with the CANEX. I said “so eliminate the CANEX”. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not sure how that rumour started, but I have on pretty good authority that the prototype was fine.

The issue was, and remains, the company (CANEX doesn't make the stuff they sell) not being able to make the amounts required at the time.

The fact we need to prototype a ball cap is the problem.

It's a GD ball cap, the RCN has been using one for decades. Buy the same one, change the color if that's a big deal, and stitch on the unit identifiers.

Jesus H Christ. The things we can complicate.

Last edited:
The fact we need to prototype a ball is the problem.

It's a GD ball cap, the RCN has been using one for decades. Buy the same one, change the color if that's a big deal, and stitch on the unit identifiers.

Jesus H Christ. The things we can complicate.
It is an RCAF ball cap, not a unit one (which most units have already and are not at all standardized like the RCN ones).

Personally-speaking, I don't like the RCN ones bc they're so sterile. I'd replace the lettering with the unit crest.

But yes, stitching on "RCAF - ARC" could have been an option.

It is an RCAF ball cap, not a unit one (which most units have already and are not at all standardized like the RCN ones).

Personally-speaking, I don't like the RCN ones bc they're so sterile. I'd replace the lettering with the unit crest.

But yes, stitching on "RCAF - ARC" could have been an option.

That's just a matter of paying for the embroidery of a crest vice the unit name.

Get the wannabe operator hats with the velcro on the front and get velcro patches.

This isn't fudging rocket appliance.

Back