• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UPDATE ON PAY ADJUSTMENTS - CANFORGEN 155

17 Wg Winnipeg..leaving end of year..for where, who knows.   Hopefully Ottawa.

ah, 17 Wing?

Just came from there to Shit-hole Shilo.  The q isn't bad though.  Its my first.

Well, close to a year of back pay and a decent wage hike after that should make a lot of people happy.. I know it'll be nice to see OCdt pay go up a total of 5%  ;D

I have been shown a printout of the expected pay increases.  I admit that what I was shown was simply an Excel spreadsheet with our old payrates, the percentage increase (6.8% backpaid to 01 Apr 04 and 2.4% coming 01 Apr 05), and the expected backpay (without yearly incentive breaks).  I have been assured that this has come from Ottawa and will be seen on end Feb's pay.

On the other hand,  the electronic paystubs are available...mine shows nothing for the end of Feb....not overly surprizing.......

ADT

SigPooterGeek

CFL said:
Inch do you not think it could come on a different day in one sum like DVA?
I am not even looking till Apr.

Never had a DVA check. I've had numerous back pays, the most recent was this past Apr/May. I had my promotion message to Capt on the 2nd of Apr in Portage stating that as the effective day, when I returned to Moose Jaw the clerk immediately actioned my pay to add $350 to my pays until the promotion went through. Pretty cool of them actually.   My promotion to Lt didn't go into the system at the same time as my Capt promotion for some reason, but the promo to Lt was entered after the 16th of Apr since promotions have to be signed off my the MO and it took a couple weeks to get that done so I saw nothing on my end Apr pay, except the $350 they added to my pay on the 4th of Apr. I got my Lt promotion back pay on my Mid May pay and my promotion to Capt was entered into the system sometime before the 16th of May and I got the rest of my back pay on the end May pay.

Every back pay I've ever had was the same way and I seem to have had more than the average bear for some reason.

SigPooterGeek said:
IOn the other hand, the electronic paystubs are available...mine shows nothing for the end of Feb....not overly surprizing.......

Where are the electronic pay stubs avail? The pay statements on EMAA aren't put on there until after the pay drops and usually show up about a week before pay day. The pay system won't show it either. It can predict it but it won't show the back pay until it's entered which hopefully will happen next week.

The electronic paystub for 15 Feb became available today (I have been checking each day because of all the rumours...high hopes I guess  :) ).

I have found that they are generally available about 10 days prior to payday however....

ADT

SigPooterGeek

SigPooterGeek said:
The electronic paystub for 15 Feb became available today (I have been checking each day because of all the rumours...high hopes I guess   :) ).

I have found that they are generally available about 10 days prior to payday however....

ADT

SigPooterGeek

I see, you said end month pay in your previous post and there is no way the end Feb pay statement will be online until the 18th at the earliest.

I think everyone monitoring this thread will be busy at work on Monday morning checking for the new CANFORGEN if it indeed comes out then.

Any word about the PLD calculation for this year?

I got my pay stub in my email today and there was nothing on it about pay back or increase.

Yes I did mention End Feb's pay....the Balance Owing is what's left for the end of the month....it is not surprizing at all that this amount looks to be a normal pay amount.  18 Feb is gonna be a busy day for ppl checking paystubs should that CanForGen be released....as for me...the table of amounts I saw looks lovely...$1,950 gross for me...a lowly Pte 2

SigPooterGeek

SigPooterGeek said:
Yes I did mention End Feb's pay....the Balance Owing is what's left for the end of the month....it is not surprizing at all that this amount looks to be a normal pay amount.   18 Feb is gonna be a busy day for ppl checking paystubs should that CanForGen be released....as for me...the table of amounts I saw looks lovely...$1,950 gross for me...a lowly Pte 2

SigPooterGeek

Right, but the closing balance isn't always your end month pay. My closing balance on my Mid May pay statement after having taken an advance on my back pay was $ -3212.74. I was going to get paid end May even though my pay statement said I owed the mob money. My promotion and back pay went through and I ended up getting a nice end month pay as well.

Sundborg said:
I got my pay stub in my email today and there was nothing on it about pay back or increase.

And it won't since the mid month pay drop was the 1st-2nd of the month (which is what you have a pay statement for) and the pay raise hasn't been entered yet.

More fuel for the fire...

The CF pay system is down today for a 'major system update'...

These electronic pay stubs, where can you sneak a peek at one of these? Do you need to be on a DIN machine? Since I'm never near the base unless I have a damned good reason, I only get my pay statements by mail, and for some reason they're never on time..

Feral said:
These electronic pay stubs, where can you sneak a peek at one of these? Do you need to be on a DIN machine? Since I'm never near the base unless I have a damned good reason, I only get my pay statements by mail, and for some reason they're never on time..

It is only on the DIN. It's called EMAA, I don't have the DIN address for it off hand, but if you do make it to a base, you can log in and have your pay statements emailed to your home email if you want. The pay office may be able to do this for you as well but I'm not certain on that one.

end month pay stubs are just the anticipated allotment of $$$ you will get.   There have been occasions where they issue a new end month statement if there are any changes such as claims, that weren't anticipated but calculated later.

Inch in reference to my DVA comment, what I meant there is that there have been times in my career when there have been sums of money from the CF that have been deposited on days other then the 15th or end month such as large claims.

Woo Hoo, just in time to throw my taxes out to lunch. ;D

CFL said:
Inch in reference to my DVA comment, what I meant there is that there have been times in my career when there have been sums of money from the CF that have been deposited on days other then the 15th or end month such as large claims.

I understand now, claims aren't part of the pay system, they do go directly into your pay account (or you can get a check), but they won't show up on a pay statement nor in the pay system (ie on the RMS clerk's computer).  TD is one such thing, it's not actually pay so it can be deposited whenever your claim is finalized, while things like Aircrew, FOA, Sea duty, Paratroop allowances and even PLD are part of your pay, they show up on pay statements and are only deposited on the 15th and at the end of the month unless you take an advance. The back pay will show up at either end or mid month pay, you could always take an advance if you really want the cash sooner.

CFL said:
you sure your a helo pilot?

I knew that comment would come some time, I'm amazed it took so long.  ;D

Honestly, when I was a young OCdt I got short changed a couple hundred bucks, it was on my closing balance but I never got it on the end month pay. At the time I was attach posted to CFRC Sault Ste Marie while I was attending my last year of college, the Capt, PO2 and the Cpl scoured my pay and bank statements but none of them could figure out where the money went, we talked to 17 Wing since that's where I was actually posted (University Liason Officer) and they couldn't find it either. Anyways, to make a long story short, I never got the money and I took it upon myself to learn the pay system, what I was entitled to and when I would get it so that the same thing wouldn't happen again. I don't profess to know it as well as a pay clerk, but I know enough to not get my pay screwed up. Pretty handy too when a young 2Lt or Pte comes to you with a problem.

Back