• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UPDATE ON PAY ADJUSTMENTS - CANFORGEN 155

Iin regards to aesop081,  I am eligable for corpral in March 05,(with time awarded) and became reg force from reserve back 9jan03,  I meant I should still fall under the old policy cause that was what I expected when I signed the dotted line. All those who signed after the date of policy change should  only be the ones affected with regards to spec pay. but you know how the saying goes "I love the F**King Army and the Army loves F**king me".....(LOL)

fcseme said:
Iin regards to aesop081,   I am eligable for corpral in March 05,(with time awarded) and became reg force from reserve back 9jan03,   I meant I should still fall under the old policy cause that was what I expected when I signed the dotted line. All those who signed after the date of policy change should   only be the ones affected with regards to spec pay. but you know how the saying goes "I love the F**King Army and the Army loves F**king me".....(LOL)

Then , i would definately have you chain of command look at the issue with the pay people to see if the policy was missinterpreted in your case.

Try being part of a trade that gives spec pay based on rank and a JLC requirement. If it was just QL5A I would be eligible, but thats not the way they do things in the navy. Once again the working bodies get screwed!

Still better than a kick to the nuts with a frozen mukluk.

Jane

On a 2.5% increase, the amount of time ive worked since april (which was every opportunity, ive missed one thursday night this year, thats all) the Govt owes me $110.23 in back pay. "...not gonna break the bank if you ask me"

Me either.

Every little bit counts I guess.

GIJANE said:
Still better than a kick to the nuts with a frozen mukluk.

Jane

Prob us more then u :crybaby:

But then again i have to agree better in my beer budget then in Ottawa's sandwhich budget.

I've heard it's not going to be much...maybe $300 - 500 total after deductions from Apr 04 to now...at least for us privates anyways. 

Not to put a damper on the raise, but been around to see a few retro pay backs -45% right off the top from the ole Tax Dept.

The chunk of change we get will help out a bit.  A good idea is to put it into an RSP or at least invest it or pay off some dept.  Just think of it as money you never had and that you've done without.

Even if the government does take 45% right off the top, that still means 55% go into my pocket.  I, personally, am more than happy to see at least some money where I will directly benefit , rather than see it all stay inside the government.

this is the latest stuff i got!

6.8% from march 04 to now.
2.4% from april 05.

Total 9.2%
Heard about that?

Honestyrules

honestyrules said:
this is the latest stuff i got!

6.8% from march 04 to now.
2.4% from april 05.

Total 9.2%
Heard about that?

Honestyrules

I can give you a deal on a bridge.  That way I can buy that new 150K USD Mercedes.

GW

Hehe, Mr Wallace is not biting gentlemen.. I'd love to get a 6.8% raise retro from March (and my CC *WAS* under the impression it would be around 5% for NCMs), but we need PROOF not just word of mouth. I'll wait for the cheque..

honesty jsut got it backwards

the raise is 2.4%

but because of the governments work to rule and all that other good stuff they are taking 6.8% more off of our checks to cover the rainy day fund and what not.

If you buy that i have a nice moutainside resort for off the shores of lake Dunduran

Wizard of OZ said:
honesty just got it backwards

the raise is 2.4%

but because of the governments work to rule and all that other good stuff they are taking 6.8% more off of our checks to cover the rainy day fund and what not.

If you buy that i have a nice moutainside resort for ya, off the shores of lake Dunduran

Quote from: Wizard of OZ on Today at 09:25:35
honesty just got it backwards

the raise is 2.4%

If you buy that i have a nice moutainside resort for ya, off the shores of lake Dunduran

I guess that was an "OOOOOppppps!"

George Wallace said:
I guess that was an "OOOOOppppps!"

2.4..... -6.8... = -4.4 ?

So we're... getting paid.. less?  ??? :-\

Back