• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

REG and RES Force-Economic Adjustment 2009

Grunt_031

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
CANFORGEN 125/09 CMP 020/09 081647Z JUL 09
REG AND RES FORCE - ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS
UNCLASSIFIED

BILINGUAL MESSAGE / MESSAGE BILINGUE

AS YOUR CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE STAFF, I AM DEDICATED TO ENSURING THAT CF PERSONNEL RECEIVE FAIR AND EQUITABLE COMPENSATION THAT RECOGNIZES THE IMPORTANT WORK WE PERFORM IN THE SERVICE OF CANADA
IN KEEPING WITH THIS PHILOSOPHY, TREASURY BOARD HAS APPROVED THE FOLLOWING ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS:
FOR FY 2009/2010: EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2009, A 1.5 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS, GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (LCOL AND BELOW), PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (CAPT THROUGH BGEN) AND SENIOR OFFICERS (COL THROUGH LGEN)
FOR FY 2010/2011: EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2010, A 1.5 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS, GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (LCOL AND BELOW), PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (CAPT THROUGH BGEN) AND SENIOR OFFICERS (COL THROUGH LGEN)
ADDITIONALLY, THE FOL RETROACTIVE ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (CAPT THROUGH BGEN):
FOR FY 2007/2008: EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007, AN ADDITIONAL ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 0.3 PERCENT TO THE PREVIOUSLY APPROVED INTERIM ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.0 PERCENT (MED/DENT OFFRS ONLY)
FOR FY 2008/2009: EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2008, AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 1.5 PERCENT (MED/DENT OFFRS ONLY)
THESE ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS ARE AN IMPORTANT COMPONENT OF THE CF TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE AND COMPLEMENT OTHER ONGOING FINANCIAL AND NON-FINANCIAL INITIATIVES DIRECTED AT MAINTAINING THE CF AS AN EMPLOYER AND A CAREER OF CHOICE FOR SERVING AND PROSPECTIVE CF PERSONNEL
THE REVISED RATES OF PAY UPDATED TO AND EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2009 ARE AVAILABLE ON THE INTRANET AT HTTP://HR3.OTTAWA(HYPHEN)HULL.MIL.CA/DGCB/CBI/ENGRAPH/HOME(UNDERSCOR E)E.ASP OR ON THE INTERNET AT HTTP://WWW.CMP(HYPHEN)CPM.FORCES.GC.CA/DGCB(HYPHEN)DGRAS/PUB/CBI(HYP HEN)DRA/204(HYPHEN)ENG.ASP. THE REVISED PAY RATES EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2010 WILL BE PUBLISHED AT A LATER DATE
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 1 APRIL 2010 ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT, IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT ALL OTHER ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE DELIVERED IN THE FALL OF 2009
SIGNED BY GEN W.J. NATYNCZYK, CDS

woo hoo!  Another "kinda of close to Christmas bonus" :)

Some quick math tells me that the '09 adjustment will work out to just under $69 a month (before taxes) for me.  (currently Cpl IPC 4, Standard...friggin' remusters  :blotto:)

so they finally get around to announcing what we already knew.  As this time they announced next years adjustment maybe we can actually get it in Apr.

Did we already get the 09 adjustment or will be it retroactive when we receive it?

Grunt_031 said:
THE REVISED PAY RATES EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2010 WILL BE PUBLISHED AT A LATER DATE
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 1 APRIL 2010 ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT, IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT ALL OTHER ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE DELIVERED IN THE FALL OF 2009

Ummm....did you actually *read* the msg?  :)

Doh, I read the 09/10 part but didn't think they would stick that at the end of the message.

;D

If you don't want to read the fine print, I have a bridge I can sell you.

George Wallace said:
;D

If you don't want to read the fine print, I have a bridge I can sell you.

Hey I got a couple of i-beams never used, only blown up once for sale

;D

Excluding energy, the Consumer Price Index rose 2.3%

Shelter cost index was 4.4% in 2008

Transportation price index is up 2.7%
Food costs rose 6.4% in the 12-months to May, following a 7.1% increase in April.

On a month-to-month basis, gasoline prices rose 8.3%

The mortgage interest cost index was at 3.2% for the 12 months preceding Apr

The Bank of Canada's core index advanced 2% over the 12 months to May.

And we get 1.5. Interesting. And they still haven't announced our parity raise. I think they are hoping we will forget about it...

BinRat55 said:
.......... And they still haven't announced our parity raise. I think they are hoping we will forget about it...

???

A "raise" would entail legislation being signed off by the Government and Treasury Board which would include a "raise" for all the Public Service Unions.  If you are talking 'parity', could you be confusing it with an 'adjustment', and if so, then that is what we got.

:-\

Nope - no confusion here. Unfortunately I don't have access to the CANFORGEN's, but the gist is that when the civilians ratified their agreements, DND would announce a raise to match the standard that they received (give or take a word or two). This wasn't to be confused with our cost of living adjustments - which were in fact announced in the above quoted message. I recently had a conversation with a very high ranking individual on this exact subject - one who plays in this field - and it was confirmed for me that I wasn't out to lunch on this...

If you were to check out the TB site and were able to find the budget, you would find two entries for Mil Pay (both labled reg force pay increase) - again, I don't have access to provide a link at this time.

Actually, you are out to lunch on this.

That's all there is.  There ain't no more.  The "parity" increases in the past were intended to compensate for CF wage growth that had been less than that in the public service.  We've caught up; ergo, no more parity increases.

Your "very high ranking individual" is probably not the Director General Compensation and Benefits (or his boss, the Chief of Military Personnel), nor is he/she a representative from Treasury Board - those are folks who I'd listen to were they to make any such claims.  And they wouldn't do so.

Main Estimates for 09/10 for DND are at:

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/est-pre/20092010/me-bd/part-I-eng.asp (part I) where it is stated: "$180.4 million for increases to pay and allowances for the Canadian Forces; "; that is the only reference to pay increases.  This also includes funding for the establishment of LDA, and any other increases to allowances.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/est-pre/20092010/me-bd/ND-DN-eng.asp (part II)

Supps are not out yet for this year.  So on

awww DAP you take all the fun out.

Then again you could have just said this adjustment does bring us back in parity as it matches the increase the public service received.

Better than the knot hole some wanted to give to us.

In case anyone is interested the new rates have been published.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/pay-sol/pr-sol/doc/rfncmr-mrfr-eng.pdf

Back