• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RubberTree said:
Nursing is a 4 year program that generally takes students directly out of high school.

Thanks, I edited my post for accuracy.  I should have been more clear.

Pharm is a minimum of 5 years, every school requires  1 full year(likely 2) of preprofessional studies as BCs with courses related to Pharmacy.    Nursing, while only a 4 year program, often requires a minimum of 48 credits(2 full years) to be taken as part of a BCs before applying to the School of Nursing.    I know there are other schools which have direct entry programs, I was using the Universities closest to me as reference as the UTPNCM instructions cite them as the schools I should be applying too.  So my question was more about applying for UTPNCM to get my BSN, but my university application would be for a BSc, with the intent of moving into the BSN program (upon acceptance).

Chernoble said:
I don't think there is any way to find out any information until the messages get cut sometime in the spring :(

I applied for PSEL, MPO and AEC, respectively.  Here's hoping :)

Agree, I think the waiting is going to be the hardest part. Looking at last year, offers were well into May for some folks. I am a current student at my university of choice, for those of you who are attending as new full time students this fall would a May offer cause you problems on getting courses for the fall? I am more so wondering for personal interest. I'm a HCA, MPO, and PSEL applicant.

mizzenmast said:
Agree, I think the waiting is going to be the hardest part. Looking at last year, offers were well into May for some folks. I am a current student at my university of choice, for those of you who are attending as new full time students this fall would a May offer cause you problems on getting courses for the fall? I am more so wondering for personal interest. I'm a HCA, MPO, and PSEL applicant.

I don't think so.  From my experience at U of Manitoba and at RMC, via correponsdence, I can't even apply for fall courses til some time in July.  A May offer would definitly hinder summer session applications but probably not the fall.  Hopefully though, the Military and the University you are attending could have a discussion if you got a late message and you had to try to register after the registration deadlines.

A May answer would actually benefit me, at the University I was accepted to I need to accept, for fall placement, but June.

I was already accepted to RMC as well, I got the e-mail from RMC with my log in before I received the notification I was accepted as a student :)

I applied for MPO, HCA and LOG O(Air)

Good luck!

Does anyone know if Cadets in the ROTP can transfer to Otter Squadron?

I think the only way way it would work for me if i had a May offer would be to go IR till the house is sold and all that stuff, it would be difficult but doable. When it comes down to it the question one must ask himself his how much is this really worth to me, I myself i'm ready for whatever comes.  I always hope for the best and expect the worst.

I applied PLT, ACSO, and EME. Cheers...

stretch said:
Does anyone know if Cadets in the ROTP can transfer to Otter Squadron?

I really don't know.  As far as I understand, Otter is for UT's so I doubt it.  Maybe if you were an NCM, got out of the military and then got back in under the ROTP program?

I was in the infantry reserves for 6 years before this.
However looking more in to the Otter Squadron I have become aware that it is comprised of members who have a much longer term of service than my own and I will just have to put my head down and plough through the next three years or so.

stretch said:
I was in the infantry reserves for 6 years before this.
However looking more in to the Otter Squadron I have become aware that it is comprised of members who have a much longer term of service than my own and I will just have to put my head down and plough through the next three years or so.

Good luck! Hope to see you there in the future :)

I contacted DMILC on Tues inquiring about the status of my UTPNCM file. I was told that all the selection messages would be sent out no later than the end of April. The reasons for the delay are due to the uncertainty of the upcoming budget. They already know who the selected candidates are, but money for the program is in doubt. Hopefully this program will still be a go, but being that the training budget seems to be a preferred target who knows. Anyways it seems the wait is almost over thank God.

I was informed by my BPSO that CEOTP was being canned, so my application was void for this particular competition. So i asked about UTPNCM, i was told not to worry there was no plan to cancel UTPNCM this year. Hope this helps.

When did you ask your BPSO these questions? I was told the same last Nov when my interview occurred. The problem is the military has been asked recently to decrease spending by a further 2 billion. Anyways we will find out sometime soon.
CELE, AERE, and Const Eng applicant.

DAA said:
There is no CEOTP Program for 2013.  The last one was the 2012 program announcement at CANFORGEN 137/11.  DAOD 5002-6 provides details.

No idea if there will be anything for 2014 but if there is, it is usually announced in Aug for the following year.

For your reference.

Airman said:
I contacted DMILC on Tues inquiring about the status of my UTPNCM file. I was told that all the selection messages would be sent out no later than the end of April. The reasons for the delay are due to the uncertainty of the upcoming budget. They already know who the selected candidates are, but money for the program is in doubt. Hopefully this program will still be a go, but being that the training budget seems to be a preferred target who knows. Anyways it seems the wait is almost over thank God.

Wow, I go away for a week and all this info goes up on the Forum. Thanks for the info folks, please keep it coming for those of us out here in the fields, (or waves, or winds) based on occ and element.

Thanks!

Anyone out there get an offer yet? BPSO said it might be late this year May timeframe.

I was told ROTP selection (including CT) will be before May 10.
Means before may 10th, OCADT will be selected.
IDK about UTPNCM.

oscarmu272508823 said:
I was told ROTP selection (including CT) will be before May 10.
Means before may 10th, OCADT will be selected.
IDK about UTPNCM.

Learn to communicate using proper ENGLISH or suffer the consequences. 

This is the Last Warning before you are muted.

George
MILNET STAFF

Hello,

I am responding from CFB Kingston, and as of today I have not received a selection message stating my acceptance or rejection.

The roomer mill is that the first round of messages will be sent out around the end of April to mid May time frame. Depending on which candidates accept / refuse a given offer, I am not sure if / when a second round of messages would be drafted, but I have heard that if you don’t hear anything in the first round, you might get picked up in the second. However, I stress this is roomer and hearsay only, and I have no reliable source, I am just offering up what I’ve heard and seeing if anyone can confirm or deny this timeline.

I can empathise with everyone reading over this and trying to get a sense of the situation; the waiting is starting to kill me, I just want to know. I wish you all luck.

Regards,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back