• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unauthorized Uniform parts Picture hunt. "For fun and giggles"

The WO1 is wearing the IECE Jacket - I doubt that those have been declared surplus saying the large majority of PRes (Army) it is the standard issue - though he does have a nice air blue nametape on it.

Spartan said:
The WO1 is wearing the IECE Jacket - I doubt that those have been declared surplus saying the large majority of PRes (Army) it is the standard issue - though he does have a nice air blue nametape on it.
OD Goretex Parkas are readily available pretty much anywhere in Canada.

Spartan said:

As the WO1 in question is me, I'll field this one.

I am wearing a Goretex Jacket, labelled with a white "D" on the inside, that was bought quite legally at a surplus store (where there were almost 20 to choose from - many of them are on the market.)  The only thing wrong, is that WO2 is wearing a pair of OD slipons, labelled with "CADET", that, I admit, are not strictly regulation.

Also, C/Sgt Trakalo, I rather enjoyed the name (stupid.jpg) of the photo.

I'd have called it clowns.jpg so its not exactly something to be offended at.

Kyle Burrows said:
I'd have called it clowns.jpg so its not exactly something to be offended at.
Nor was I offended.  I merely found the choice of name amusing.

CATO 55-04
e. CF combat clothing. Cadets are authorized to wear CF combat clothing during sqn survival exercises when authorized by the sqn CO. A headdress (the wedge or blue beret with the Air Cadet hat insignia, wide-brimmed tan summer hat or toque) and also cadet rank slip-ons shall be worn with CF combat clothing. CF combat clothing shall not be taken to CSTC. The sqn CO shall ensure that all cadets wearing military camouflage clothing or civilian look-alike camouflage clothing while participating in sqn survival exercises can be easily identified in the field through the use of coloured vests as required. Air Cadet headdress, hat insignia and rank slip-ons shall not be worn with civilian combat pattern clothing (CF look-alike) or any civilian clothing;
Are either of them wearing their vest?
and the MWO has is pocket undone.....he owes us all a beer.

Riobeard said:
and the MWO has is pocket undone.....he owes us all a beer.

What MWO? I see a WO2 which may have confused some as it is the same insignia, but no MWO. ;)

Must have got confused by all the GREEN he was wearing :D.

Proof positive that all the air cadets REALLY wanted to be army...  8)

Also, C/Sgt Trakalo, I rather enjoyed the name (stupid.jpg) of the photo.

hahahaha.......:rofl: sorry about that buddy, didn't know you were a member.... ;D
condor888000 said:
Just those wacko's who aren't good enough to soar like an eagle. 8)
ya like me...... DAMN YOU COLOURBLINDESS!!  :mad: ;D

honger2.jpg

I dont think chinese fans are general issue.  ;D

and only CADET slip-ons may be worn.  Toque is not worn in summer dress (the cadet's sleeves are rolled).

rwgill said:
and only CADET slip-ons may be worn.  Toque is not worn in summer dress (the cadet's sleeves are rolled).

Well are sleeves up or down not optional year round in the cadets now like they are with us?  ???

The Librarian said:
Well are sleeves up or down not optional year round in the cadets now like they are with us?  ???
That's how it's taught to cadets around here.  I wasn't even aware there was a summer and winter dress distinction in combats.

Sorry, it's generally accepted that the sleeves are rolled up during the summer, or perhaps that's my neck of the woods.

it was on an excercise in march if i remember correctly and we were authorised to wear anything on our heads, be it a toque, helmet, beret or whatever.

AS CIC officer, here what is tell to my cadet...

winter = toque if training outside (since toque is standard issue)
Spring, Autumn = either safari hat, or beret depending what is done and in late Autumn...toque

having a head gear is mandatory.

It the wish to wear some other toque...its OK as long as they are not wearing the combat uniform.

The olive green combat uniform or cadpat may be worn if it is a complete uniform (boots, pants, shirt, coat, slippon or arm band)

If they miss a part...well it is to bad for them

as for the sleeve...it is permitted to be rolled on summer, on hot day during may-June exercise.

during normal training at the unit, combat is no allowed. It either their uniform, PT, or civilian depending of the activities and it is determined by the C/CWO according to the unit CO recommendation.

Back