• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unauthorized Uniform parts Picture hunt. "For fun and giggles"

It isn't Lerch.  I'm pretty sure I recognize the background as Blackdown CTC in Borden ON.

Thats good to hear. I retract my former comment.

Still laugh at the photo though.

No it's not me, don't worry.

It's a retired Air Cadet WO2 from CW.

Lerch said:
BAM!! Have at it gentlemen ;)

TACVEST.jpg

Tell that kid to put all that away before he hurts himself......... ::)

When will our cadets learn that the most useful piece of kit is a hydration system with a little bit of load carriage capacity, the LCF stuff just doesn't cut it for practical use as a cadet.  MAYBE (and that's a big MAYBE) webbing or a modular system can be justified when out in the field for several days, but to stand around and march in garrison like in Borden or Connaught, I don't think so.

Well, according to the Air Cadet CATOs, the WO2 should be wearing a orange reflective vest as he is wearing camo.

The rest is just halloween trimmings.

Sloaner said:
When will our cadets learn that the most useful piece of kit is a hydration system with a little bit of load carriage capacity, the LCF stuff just doesn't cut it for practical use as a cadet.  MAYBE (and that's a big MAYBE) webbing or a modular system can be justified when out in the field for several days, but to stand around and march in garrison like in Borden or Connaught, I don't think so.

What they want to buy is their business, if they act like an idiot in the uniform, then jack them up.

Nice catch with the vest rwg.

I never said he couldn't have it, I just think that we are not getting the message through to these cadets for any number of reasons that thier kit selections should be based on the acitvity they are doing, not the LCF.  I continue to harp on it with my cadets, and many are learning to select what will work, but I'd love to know how to get it through the heads of some of those who still go for what looks cool.  Mind you I don't think we'll ever get 100% rid of the LCF gear until we can issue everything a cadet requires for the training they have to do.

Vest shouldn't be had, nor should the bush cap. Air cadet regs are that he should be wearing a wedge or beret.

Piper said:
He ain't supposed to have that vest, since they aren't supposed to be sold civvie side last time I checked......
Lerch said:
Vest shouldn't be had, nor should the bush cap. Air cadet regs are that he should be wearing a wedge or beret.

...........and what about those ballistic glasses?

Again - stick to uniform parts.  The subject of cadets and issue kid HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH.

Any further proverbial beating of a proverbally deceased animal will not be tolerated.

So Kyle does that mean I need to make an individual comment for each part of his uniform since obviously commenting on the whole thing isn't allowed ::)

i wonder how hard it would be to turn the cadets into my own personal army???  Offer them candy and stuff, or mabey play a magic flute. You know they would follow. Just wave them come CADPAT or OD kit. They would be all over it.

Angry_Infanteer said:
i wonder how hard it would be to turn the cadets into my own personal army???   Offer them candy and stuff, or mabey play a magic flute. You know they would follow. Just wave them come CADPAT or OD kit. They would be all over it.

Oh please spare me. Just like the Reg F and the Res F...every Corps has gotta have one. just like every town has it's idiot. LCF is not limited a few cadets in Uniform. Just look around next time your Unit is on ex. Surprise!!

Angry_Infanteer said:
i wonder how hard it would be to turn the cadets into my own personal army???   Offer them candy and stuff, or mabey play a magic flute. You know they would follow. Just wave them come CADPAT or OD kit. They would be all over it.

ya and somewhat uncalled-for........
nogood-red.gif

Pte(T). McWatt said:
So Kyle does that mean I need to make an individual comment for each part of his uniform since obviously commenting on the whole thing isn't allowed ::)
That means you can stop being arrogant and acknowledge the fact that the legalities of CADPAT and issue uniform parts have been beaten to death and nothing productive has come of it.  Laugh at the commando, don't have a conniption because of what he's wearing, we've already done the latter.

The Librarian said:
I agree and I'm sure Kyle will deal with that accordingly.
You would be right. :)

Angry_Infanteer said:
i wonder how hard it would be to turn the cadets into my own personal army???  Offer them candy and stuff, or mabey play a magic flute. You know they would follow. Just wave them come CADPAT or OD kit. They would be all over it.
Welcome to the ladder.

Back on topic.............

I didn't black out the face, well because it's me, many moons ago.  Find what you think was wrong, then I will tell you what really was..........

CC3108_ACR_Gill.jpg

Back