• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unauthorized Uniform parts Picture hunt. "For fun and giggles"

Bergeron 971

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, whos up for posting pics they find of things that are unauthorized on the cdt uniforms?
Lets see who can find the best one. Maybe I'll send a prize to the best find:p

Have your fun, but , I would hope that faces will be removed from photos to protect the innocent in cases of wrongful submission.

The one I like the best is the QYR guy on the front of the Reference Manual, if you look closely at his shoulders you can see QY in gold. Well the QYR cadets wear the same slip ons that NCOs wear (on their short sleeve shirts) on their tunics instead of metal shoulder titles.

Edit- What do you mean by unauthorized things on the uniform? Things that go against the CATOs or something else? The CATOs can be very strict but when it comes to AFU stuff then it can be quite lenient. So can you specify what you mean by unauthorized?

Unauthorized, plain and simple. If it contradicts the CATOs it is unauthorized, even if the affiliated unit allow them to wear it.
The goal is to see what CC's around the country have at their bells and whistles that make them diffrent from everyone else.

These are pictures of myself, so i'm not concerned with blacking things out.

5657225.jpg

And a closeup

11805819.jpg

I know both of their names.  No fun.

The GGHG cadet has his Veteran Pin in the wrong spot.

The GGHG WO on the right is the RSM of my sister corps. My uniform is the exact same except I prefer the smaller buttons on my tunic, I have GGHG lapel pins and I have the same two medals the GGFG RSM has. Also I carry a sword, not a drill cane because my corps does not have one.

Here we go-
main.php

This was on Outward Bound Scotland exchange after our drill competition. We were in England at a base called Strensall. We are the three cadets with black berets on our exchange.

Guy on the left is a BCR but his corps used to be Irish Fusiliers so they wear the green hackle and a clover. I'm the CWO in the middle and then on the right is a guy from the 8CH corps in Moncton.

For us non-army types, what exactly is wrong with the uniforms in the previous post?

AFAIK in my picture the only thing unauthorized is the Scotland/ Canada pin that the Army Cadet league gave us. But in the other pictures I don't know what is unauthorized.

I just wanted to show the crazy things that can be allowed to be worn.

yoman said:
For us non-army types, what exactly is wrong with the uniforms in the previous post?

haha well i happen to be from that corps as well and we kind of have an identity crisis.  We are now amalgamated with the BCRs (armoured)  therefore we wear black berets our RSM has the chest rig and the BCR capbrass.  BUT there is a shamrock behind the capbrass (infantry) hackel, also our SSMs have sashes and we also wear white belts with the BCR brass on it.  hehe so yeah i'm not sure if other BCR corps' are happy with us lol  ;D

Yea I remember many a time this summer I made fun of that WO because his uniform had mixed Infantry and Armoured accoutrements. He is a good guy though.

It sucks what happened in the end, how is good ole Steven doing?

lets stick to the thread boys, ya can PM each others about updates of old friends :-*

HaHa, I completely missed this but the GGHG RSM next to the GGFG RSM is wearing his aiguilette(sp?) on the wrong side. He has an officers one and I have an NCOs(I should have an officers one too) but the officers aiguilette is worn on the right side not the left.

Well this picture dates to the early 90's on an FTX in I think my 2nd year in Cadets. See how many unautourized items you can pick out of this one.

Back