• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UNAUTHORIZED DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT

The brusard of KMNB is a fake.......

:rofl:

Regards

MikeL I know exactly what you're talking about ;)

And yes, it really surprises me that there are people out there who allow leaks like this to continue. One would hope that every individual can be trusted, but that only happens in a perfect society.

Welcome to the real world.

::)

Just so everyone knows, the chap that MikeL is talking about (mctaz) is a collector of many MANY military uniforms. He's already completed a very large DPM collection, along with smaller Auscam and other sets.

Lerch said:
Just so everyone knows, the chap that MikeL is talking about (mctaz) is a collector of many MANY military uniforms. He's already completed a very large DPM collection, along with smaller Auscam and other sets.

And so that entitles him to possess stolen Canadian government property?  I don't think so....

I also collect international camouflage uniforms.  But I have a degree of self-respect and ethics, as do most collectors. 

There are no free rides for those who willingly supply or accept items which are known to be stolen property.  End of story.

Mark
Silly question but since this is an Italian collector, does NATO have any regulations about trafficking in stolen military property? I'm thinking that if a foreign collector from a NATO  country gets genuine CADPAT stuff, couldn't our government ask either the country in question or the NATO justice section for help? Just a niave suggestion of a civilian?
I collect uniforms too and share your ethical qualms about getting stuff you're not allowed to have. I have a both variants of CADPAT but they aren't the real thing- I made one in temperate and the other in desert for my gi joes (aka 1/6 action figures) :) That way I don't need to worry about compromising our soldiers' safety and still have the uniforms I like 

xavier

Report the links directly to the clother the soldier people.......I did this with an E-bay add and what they told me was that the contractor was able to sell cad-pat items without the special IR coating that was on the issue stuff. So yes it may be cad pat but is it genuine. I suggest who'mever found this to report it up the chain.

AND YES CADPAT is an ITAR item. meaninig it is a controlled good.......

if it was someone in clothing stores it would be army time and possibly civie time

Jail time....and having ITAR controlled goods is a federal offence in all NATO countries....

Question: Does that mean purchasing replica gear from Canadian surplus retailers is not allowed, for camping, hunting trips, etc? Obviously the uniforms aren't genuine, but is it illegal to purchase and wear ?

aluc said:
Question: Does that mean purchasing replica gear from Canadian surplus retailers is not allowed, for camping, hunting trips, etc? Obviously the uniforms aren't genuine, but is it illegal to purchase and wear ?

The after-market (eg. non-DND issued) CADPAT clothing and equipment is perfectly legal to possess and use.  Certain commercial manufacturers have been licensed by the DND Itellectual Property office to manufacture items using genuine CADPAT material.  The only thing to be aware of is that the CADPAT material sold to those companies has previously been rejected by DND as "seconds" due to minor printing flaws, problems with colour-fastness, etc.  The commerical CADPAT items also lack the anti-IR treatment given to genuine military-issue clothing and equipment.

Any CADPAT gear manufactured by Frontenac, Parklands, Drop Zone Tactical, ICE Tactical, or Wheelers/CP Gear is perfectly legal for anyone to own and use.  A condition of the commercial license (for operational security reasons) is that the after-market manufacturers not make anything which too closely resembles the genuine-issue items.

On the other hand, any and all genuine-issue CADPAT in the hands of someone other than a serving soldier is stolen government property.  There are no legitimate sources for the actual DND-tagged CADPAT clothing and equipment.  Full stop.

Piper said:
A fool and his money are soon parted... ::)

I'll bet he pays an arm and a leg to be a poser. Hope it bankrupts him.

Mark C has a basement full of camouflaged uniforms based on his website and comments here. Is he a poser also?

Uniform collecting is a legitimate hobby, and not everyone that collects actually wears the stuff.

Incidentally, MarkC, I sent you an email which bounced back to me, and you're as bad about checking PMs as I am so I'll ask here - I notice on your site you have a King and Country Denison.  I just picked up a 1945 dated Denison from one of our former RSMs; are the uniforms on your site solely stuff you've owned, or would a scan of my smock be of any value to you?  I am not selling it but can photograph it if it's of use to you.

Franko said:
The brusard of KMNB is a fake.......

:rofl:

Regards
Would love to know how you figure the brassard is a fake since I have the purchase order on file when I supplied them to Pet.

Hows this make you feel?

CANADIAN MILITARY CADPAT HELMET SIZE MEDIUM

$160 current bid Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CANADIAN-MILITARY-CADPAT-HELMET-SIZE-MEDIUM_W0QQitemZ6608050979QQcategoryZ36068QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

edit: more to come

Canadian Kevlar Helmet $135 US

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-Kevlar-Helmet-Cadpat-White-Cats-Eyes-Free-S-H_W0QQitemZ6609723412QQcategoryZ36076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

JTF2 Gear? doubt it but here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TWO-JTF-2-CADPAT-CHEST-HARNESSS-Rare-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ6610105945QQcategoryZ36071QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

IRR treated, resists detection by Infrared night vision devices.

and for the chaplain in all of us:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-Army-CADPAT-Chaplain-Padre-Insignia_W0QQitemZ6601960046QQcategoryZ48824QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

genuine CADPAT issue combat shirt

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-Army-Cadpat-Shirt-Genuine-Issue-Size-6740_W0QQitemZ6608826773QQcategoryZ104023QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

JTF2 Gear? doubt it but here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TWO-JTF-2-CADPAT-CHEST-HARNESSS-Rare-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ6610105945QQcategoryZ36071QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

[/quote]
This is actually the real deal just so you know

Theres nothing we/ the govt can do about people pissing away valuable CF gear?

You would be very surprised what comes out of crown assets in the way of issue kit that is brand new or almost brand new ie tankers suits which are a hard item to get yet I bought a pile of them brand new in human sizes. Ditto the hard to get SAR orange suits. Not everything fell off the truck but I am sure some of it does

Lerch, don't you also have a CADPAT uniform, OD Goretex Jacket and IR CADPAT Camnet?

Guy.E I've seen a lot of those before, Canadian Helmets are pretty common on Ebay, an a few surplus stores.

ouyin2000 said:
Welcome to the real world.

::)

Don't try to be a smartass kid.

Back