• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unacceptable Political Advertising: Liberals Attacking the CF

Glorified Ape said:
The wording of the ad was:

"Who paid for Stephen Harper's rise to the head of the party? We don't know. He refuses to reveal his donors. What do you suppose he's hiding? We do know he's very popular with right-wingers in the U.S. They have money. Maybe they helped? We just don't know. He just won't say. Choose your Canada."

No accusation is made therein.

Let's not play these games.  You know full well exactly what's wrong with that add, and you don't need us explaining it to you.

Or, on the off chance that you REALLY don't "get it", check out Kcdist's ingenious post.  It's just two posts above yours.

kcdist said:
Actually, this is pretty easy:

Stephen Harper is a man.

Almost all Domestic Assault is committed by men.

Men, just like Stephen Harper.

Does Stephen Harper beat his wife?

He won't admit to it.

But he was photographed punching a punching bag earlier in this campaign

In Canada.

We're not making this up.

Choose your Canada

Vote Liberal

LOL

TCBF,
Lets be fair, there is not a great lawyer conspiracy at work. If the Ontario Govt. suddenly started looking at getting rid of my golden goose, I would be fighting it too.

The hierarchy in the lawyer trade, well dem I have issues with.........the workers just try to plod along like the rest of us.

Agreed.  The truth is more balanced - I know some good lawyers.  Like the military or any other profession, the bottom feeders are the ones who often influence the opinions of others.

Tom

If I'm not mistaken, foreigners (individuals and organisations) cannot make donations to Canadian political parties...

"If I'm not mistaken, foreigners (individuals and organisations) cannot make donations to Canadian political parties..."

Nor influence an election like Micheal Moore did during the last one - but was not charged.

But, nothing stops 'gifts' to individuals who happen to be politicians...

Tom

>And I certainly don't agree with Harper politicizing the 4 RCMP deaths during the latest debate.

I don't agree Harper politicized the deaths either.  Although I didn't watch or listen to the live debate, it's pretty clear from all the liveblogs and post-debate commentary that it was the moderator who politicized the deaths by asking the question specifically with regard to those deaths.

And all Harper said was if the killer had been in jail where he belonged, it wouldn't have happened. Straight answer to an ambush question.
shrug.gif

Brad Sallows said:
>And I certainly don't agree with Harper politicizing the 4 RCMP deaths during the latest debate.

I don't agree Harper politicized the deaths either.  Although I didn't watch or listen to the live debate, it's pretty clear from all the liveblogs and post-debate commentary that it was the moderator who politicized the deaths by asking the question specifically with regard to those deaths.

Actually, I said that I didn't agree with him politicizing the deaths.

But I haven't read the direct transcript, so I stand corrected if it was indeed the moderator who rigged the question.

No matter how Harper got his funding or w.e. this commerical is still a low blow.

Lol....

Stephen Harper, on occassion, wears a brown shirt.

A brown shirt.

Hitler had brown shirts.

Therefore Stephen Harper is Hitler.

We're not allowed to make this stuff up.

Vote Liberal.

Wow - they should use some of these ads for LSAT argument questions. The answer is the underlying assumption is the Canadian Voter is dumb.

kcdist said:
Almost all Domestic Assault is committed by men.

That's grossly inaccurate. Women and men perpetrate intimate violence at almost even rates. Where child abuse is concerned, a woman is usually the abuser.

RangerRay said:
If I'm not mistaken, foreigners (individuals and organisations) cannot make donations to Canadian political parties...

You're correct, though I'm uncear on "personal gifts". If you want to contribute and you're a foreigner, do so through a Canadian corporation or start your own - it's not hard to start up a numbered corporation, I used to trudge the articles of incorporation down to the ministry in Toronto for a law firm and I can tell you, it's pretty cheap to incorporate.

48Highlander said:
Let's not play these games.  You know full well exactly what's wrong with that add, and you don't need us explaining it to you.

Or, on the off chance that you REALLY don't "get it", check out Kcdist's ingenious post.  It's just two posts above yours.

;D Yes, I get it.

nowhere_man said:
No matter how Harper got his funding or w.e. this commerical is still a low blow.

Not really - if it was an established fact that Harper received oodles of contributions from organizations such as the NRA and Focus on the Family, it's entirely pertinent to the election. A candidate/party's contributors are a good way of gauging who that candidate/party will cater to. There's a reason people and organizations contribute to political campaigns and it's often not out of idealism.

In regard to those horribly done ads... both my husband (who has served) and myself (who am still serving) - we are deeply offended.  My first thought was what the hell were they thinking?  And I absolutely agree that this needs to be followed up with decisive action.  Thanks for posting all the great links... 

Blue Rowan

(set with an Islamic call to prayer wailing in the background)

Steven Harper received campain money.

Lots of Money

In Canada

Osama Bin Laden has money

Lots of Money

Stephen Harper wont say where he got his money from.

Stephen Harper was seen eating a shwarma

IN CANADA

We couldn't make this up.

Your Canada, your Choice

I too was deeply offended.  I've sent a letter of complaint to all 3 party reps in my region and I've asked the Liberal one for an explanation.  I'll post it if I get one.

What you may wish to consider is that if this is the mindset of the Liberal brain trust, what chance does the CF have of actually getting the toys that have been promised to Ranger Rick?  The fact that no real money has yet been forthcoming from the current government places our defense procurement plans in the same category as child day care - that promise has taken ten years, and still hasnt gotten beyond the "agreement" stage.  If the Canadian electorate return the Liberals to power, don't hold your breath waiting for support.  Their true colours have shone through.

And Another one... though i dont feel its quite as good as the all yours, I felt compelled to join in..

Stephen Harper Wants to Put soldiers in canadian Cites....

In Canada.

Building up a military,

In canada

You know who Else wanted to build up their Military

Hitler Did......

In Germany...

theres an "A" in the word Germany,

theres three "A"s in canada....

Think About it...

We couldnt make this up if we tried....

Choo-Choo-Choose your Canada

This is a copy of an open letter I wrote in response to a Vancouver Province editorial on this ad.
Sir,
    I feel compelled to respond on behalf of my still-serving brothers and sisters in the Canadian Armed Forces who are forbidden by our laws from speaking for themselves.  I see in the Liberal party ads that your article references attempting to drum up fear of armed Canadian soldiers being based in our cities.  Right now some two thousand more armed Canadian soldiers are being sent at the "Right Honourable" Paul Martin's orders to the war in Afghanistan.  When some of them come back in flag draped coffins, I expect Mr Martin to be there with his press entourage to grab headlines at the funeral, as he has done so callously in the past.  For those soldiers who are lucky enough to survive following Mr Martin's orders, you are apparently not welcome to march home.  Apparently, the cities that birthed them must now be afraid of them.  Is this to be our Canada?

I was sickened by that ad...Sure not the same government I served under. This is a copy of an email I just received .

Rally at Ottawa Armory, 2pm
Rendezvous point: Foyer at Ottawa City Hall, 1:30pm

Reason for it:

The Liberal Party has recently launched political attack ads that are an insult to the military and to all Canadians.

When the military was deployed in Ottawa after the ice storm it was to save lives and help people – not to launch a coup.

The fact these ads were even conceived tells you that Paul Martin will say anything to hold onto power.

We must let him know that this is not acceptable.

Thanks!

I realize that a lot of members and veterans are really upset with this ad . Rallies like this will remind all politicians that you cannot take the Canadian Forces for granted anymore.Time to stand up with one voice and show our displeasure with Martin and his anti-military ad.

I  just posted this on the Defence policy forum, where as it should belong in this forum

I was sickened by that ad...Sure not the same government I served under. This is a copy of an email I just received .

Rally at Ottawa Armory, 2pm
Rendezvous point: Foyer at Ottawa City Hall, 1:30pm

Reason for it:

The Liberal Party has recently launched political attack ads that are an insult to the military and to all Canadians.

When the military was deployed in Ottawa after the ice storm it was to save lives and help people – not to launch a coup.

The fact these ads were even conceived tells you that Paul Martin will say anything to hold onto power.

We must let him know that this is not acceptable.

Thanks!

I realize that a lot of members and veterans are really upset with this ad . Rallies like this will remind all politicians that you c

annot take the Canadian Forces for granted anymore.Time to stand up with one v

Back