• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unacceptable Political Advertising: Liberals Attacking the CF

Squirm, monkey...Dance monkey...DANCE MONKEY...yessss

Later creep.  Enjoy your full pension and offshore assets.

Oh yes blithering indeed

and with the Liberals saying goodbye to the 'unauthorized/authorized' add...they can also say goodbye to my 'previously undecided' vote...

This add was THE factor in deciding my vote... and it won't be Liberal.

To quote from Mike Duffey's show (I can't remember who said it...but it goes with your monkey perceptions)...

"Paul Martin seems to be slipping worse than a drunk on a floor of banana peels."

Indeed.

Apparently the National Post published some letters from retired and serving members over this controversy.

Also, check out the regional tracking poll. The Liberals took a nosedive in Atlantic Canada, where the CF has a huge presence.

So, I guess nobody knows what is said in the French version of the ad?

MCG said:
So, I guess nobody knows what is said in the French version of the ad?

Well, there's no french equivalent as the soldiers-in-cities ad. There's only this one: http://www.liberal.ca/multimedia_f.aspx . That's the first in the list.

North Star, I saw your letter the other day in the Post, BZ for that  one, Sir.

The French adds aren't nearly as offensive as the English one, they present it differently, as a list of Harpers pros and cons; For...troops on the streets, against a womans right to choose.... 

For some reason flash is really choppy on my pc right now, so I can't catch every word, but I'll put it this way, I'm not personally offended when I watch the French add, unlike the English one.

DF

MdB said:
There's only this one: http://www.liberal.ca/multimedia_f.aspx . That's the first in the list.
I'm still going to need a translation.

just simply copy the text from the French ad (if you have it) click French to English and it should give you a rough translation.
Or send it to Jungle.

Just read this today:

"Just now at the Subway on Bank Street, I was buying my lunch and there . . . in line . . . standing in front of me . . . was a soldier. In our cities. In Canada. A soldier. He seemed to be ordering the six-inch ham and turkey. With chipotle sauce. In Canada. We're not making this stuff up."

Nice to see someone with a sense of humour ehÉ

MM

MCG said:
I'm still going to need a translation.

Off voice: "If S.H. becomes PM there will have pros and cons." (well, in fact, fors and againsts somethin) On screen: For (up) Against (bottom).

The rest is off voice and on screen:

Against Kyoto Protocol.

For war in Irak.

Against the free choice of women. (concerning aborption)

For the presence of the army in all our cities.

Against same-sex marriage.

For American Ballistic Missile Shield. (or whatever it is called...)

Against small arms ban.

Off voice: "And Gilles Duceppe won't be able to prevent it... nor for or against it."

Off voice: "Vote against this regress."

Off voice: "Vote for Paul Martin's Liberals."

On screen: "Make a success of Canada." (Which is Grits french motto.)

Latest in the Liberals attack adds

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/worst-attack-ad.wmv.

GF

RN PRN said:
Latest in the Liberals attack adds

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/worst-attack-ad.wmv.

GF

The playmobile swordfight scene had me in stitches. Gold, pure gold.

RangerRay said:
Ujjal Dosanjh (sp?) was on CTV last night before the ad was pulled.  He said each one, including the anti-military one, was approved by Paul Martin himself.

The PM later admitted as much, although he said that he "only read a transcript". Come on...please. Even a "transcript" has the same words in it as the ad. Spare us.

Cheers

He only read the transcript

In Ottawa

And approved the add

In Ottawa

And Waffled to the nation

From Ottawa

We are not allowed to make this up

;D

The PM later admitted as much, although he said that he "only read a transcript". Come on...please. Even a "transcript" has the same words in it as the ad. Spare us.

Thats wild.  I saw him on TV saying he never seen nor approved the ads.  Now he approved them and just read the transcript?

I suppose that's like Mr Clinton and his not having sexual relations with monica trick.  It's all in the wording I guess.

Ghost778 said:
Thats wild.  I saw him on TV saying he never seen nor approved the ads.   Now he approved them and just read the transcript?

I suppose that's like Mr Clinton and his not having sexual relations with monica trick.  It's all in the wording I guess.

I would write a biography of Paul Martin titled Paul Martin: Of promises and Smoke if it wasn't that easy to summarize: Paul Martin is a liar. In Canada. Our Canada. End of the story.

Hey if the Liberals win can we edit all our posts or what?

*watches over shoulder*

:blotto:

Back