• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I wouldn’t be surprised. It was only a matter of time that soft Dippers went scrambling back to the Liberals. Nothing scares them more than a Tory majority government. Whether this is the start of a trend or an outlier will become known in time.
It's a single poll, from a liberal pollster. I wouldn't get to excited yet. The only poll that counts is the one on election day, whenever that will be.

I think PP needs to be careful. You cant over saturate the populace with rhetoric. He needs to start providing alternatives.
Agreed.

But I would argue, isn't he doing just that? Providing alternatives?

The alternative of a carbon tax, imposed by a government that only exists because they essentially merged with another party - is to not have that tax.

The significant increases in costs of living would be dramatically hampered if that tax disappeared. Its contribution to our inflation would also disappear, which in real terms contributes 1.4% of our inflation of 3.2%.

(Where do those numbers come from? Who knows, I'm going off of a CTV News segment I watched over the weekend...)

An alternative to soft on crime bills that essentially guarantee people will be released on bail regardless of what the criminal charge is...is a bail policy that keeps people behind bars for longer for certain alleged offences, and eliminates the possibility of bail for violent offenders.

An alternative to rejecting a ton of big projects across the country that would create tens of thousands of real jobs would be to approve of those projects instead.

An alternative to internet censorship legislation is not to have internet censorship legislation.

All of these are things PP has clearly stated he will do - abolish the carbon tax, lower income taxes, approve tons of projects across the country, get rid of internet censorship legislation, etc

I do agree that PP cant oversaturate the electorate with rhetoric, and needs to provide alternatives. But isnt he already doing just that?

If the opposition is smart they will point out that the GoC only started addressing housing problems after they pushed for solutions. Take ownership of the issue and the fact that the GoC is doing something about it.
You could say the same thing about car thefts and violent crime.

For car thefts, the GoC threw money at the CBSA and policing to combat the criminals.

For violent crime, the GoC threw money at, well, not much. Consultants, mostly. $42M spent - so far - on the assault style firearms buyback, without a single payout to a gun owner.

Last edited:
This is something that Muslim borrowers need not worry about. They have their own banking system and are forbidden by religion from charging, or paying, interest (riba). The bank buys the asset you want, then sells it to you at a higher price. Either full out or on installment. This allows them to buy anything from a single bungalow to large swaths of real estate like Ft Mac.

This is the best link I could find for people to get a grasp of the workings of Muslim finance.
Either way the bank covers its risk and makes a profit. Muslims can pretend they're not paying interest if they wish.

Do you think trudeau has an edge or is in position to continue polling better to the point he exceeds Poliviere's lead?
One poll won’t be enough of an indicator yet despite the narrowing being a bit more significant than expected. As pointed out the carbon tax has just been introduced and budget items are being announced.

I think PP needs to be careful. You cant over saturate the populace with rhetoric. He needs to start providing alternatives.
I think there was recent article sort of saying that. He’s been pretty silent on some fairly big things and that may be reflected in that poll. He’s going to have to start taking positions. How and when though is the trick question.

I wouldn’t be surprised. It was only a matter of time that soft Dippers went scrambling back to the Liberals. Nothing scares them more than a Tory majority government. Whether this is the start of a trend or an outlier will become known in time.
It could be. It may also be, as Nick Nanos stated, a possible normalization at that points spread. What I find a bit surprising is the parallel narrowing of preferred leader.

Haven't seen a one down here in fundy central. Might have some up north. The nutjobs down here call them nutjobs.
I'm in Edmonton & haven't seen a single one of those flags so far.

"FJT" bumper stickers on the other hand...

At least Trudeau will likely retain the vote of the “overalled” folk…

Not so likely as one would think.

The labour vote is split to the extremes at the moment. PMJTs quip, essentially denigrating blue collar works to that of sights at African Lion Safari, drives the wedge further.

This man needs to see an orthodontist for his mouth and podiatrist for his foot on the regular it seems; especially with how often the latter is being shoved into the former.

Party GIF by CBC

My news guys - Bob and Doug. Earl Camembert and Floyd Robertson too.

AND Count Floyd as the sports caster.
You weren't expecting this, were you?

There's something wrong with his eyes.
Those are the eyes of a true believer. And He has not ever owned a car. Can you really trust someone who has NEVER owned a Car. GTFU Stephen.

Back