• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

except the Bloc all have good odds of being re-elected and adding to that pension. For the NDP their best chance of staving off irrelevancy is to identify an issue, such as a significant moral failing that will resonate with disgruntled liberals and pull the plug on the agreement. On the other hand, they are the ones whose pensions need the most protection
You assume that those Bloc MPs want to run again. Some want to leave after qualifying for the pension.

You assume that those Bloc MPs want to run again. Some want to leave after qualifying for the pension.
true but it is a party-as-a-whole issue and not up to the individual. At the end of the day though, all of our hopes are just finger-crossing

In an email to Global News on Sunday, Alberta’s health minister said that if the federal government pursues a national pharmacare program, Alberta intends to opt out, and instead intends to obtain a full per capita share of the funding.
Hold on - so AB doesn’t want to opt-in, but wants their share of the funding anyway?

Please explain how this makes any sense.

I personally feel the vast majority of Canadians have reached a tipping point. That is the longer Trudeau stays on as PM, the more he pisses EVERYONE off (Right and Left leaning).
Warren Kinsella (Toronto Sun Journalist and former war room planner for Prime Minister Chretein) brought up an interesting point. If Trudeau knows he has to go, he has to carefully set up the succession. Kinsella says if he announces today that he is retiring in 3 months (to allow time to give the LPC a new leader), he loses all power and no one really wants to hear from him. Kinsella points out to his own experiences with PM JC. Now in addition, Stephen Ledrew was president of the LPC at the time, he has pubicly stated he was the one who confronted Jean Chretein and told him its to resign. And Chretein did agree and shortly there after announced his resignation. Surprising many of his own staff.

Is something being cooked up behind doors? Is there a plan to get Trudeau out quickly and a new leader in place without much danger from the wolves picking the political carcass clean? Why was MP Sean Fraser "campaigning" in Alberta the same day Trudeau was in Edmonton?

I personally feel the vast majority of Canadians have reached a tipping point. That is the longer Trudeau stays on as PM, the more he pisses EVERYONE off (Right and Left leaning).
Warren Kinsella (Toronto Sun Journalist and former war room planner for Prime Minister Chretein) brought up an interesting point. If Trudeau knows he has to go, he has to carefully set up the succession. Kinsella says if he announces today that he is retiring in 3 months (to allow time to give the LPC a new leader), he loses all power and no one really wants to hear from him. Kinsella points out to his own experiences with PM JC. Now in addition, Stephen Ledrew was president of the LPC at the time, he has pubicly stated he was the one who confronted Jean Chretein and told him its to resign. And Chretein did agree and shortly there after announced his resignation. Surprising many of his own staff.

Is something being cooked up behind doors? Is there a plan to get Trudeau out quickly and a new leader in place without much danger from the wolves picking the political carcass clean? Why was MP Sean Fraser "campaigning" in Alberta the same day Trudeau was in Edmonton?
Sean Fraser is in some trouble in his Pictou County seat. I wonder if Good Old Peter might take another swing?

The reality is that the 'vast majority' are going about their daily lives, largely unaware of what's going on - they just don't care.

Public participation in the political process is on the decline, hence the reason for all the social media histrionics these days to try and get them more engaged.

Political participation: Who votes?​

In liberal democracies such as Canada, one of the fundamental rights granted to all citizens is that of choosing their representatives in free and fair elections.

The most common political act in the population is by far voting. However, there has been an overall decline in voting in the past 50 years, despite a number of blips over the years (Chart 7). More specifically, the voting rate fell from 79% for the 1963 federal election to 61% for the last election in 2011. An all-time low of 58.5% was recorded in 2008.

Ok, so the way you are using "musing" right now is very different than the way you used "muses" in the post I originally replied. You gave a list of reasons why Schwab and the WEF are bad, and finished it with "muses about a future where elections are 'no longer required'". So, there it appears you are saying that "musing" about such a future is a bad thing. However, "muse" is one of those words who's definitions is very benign (it just means to think about or discuss), but it often gets used with a connotation of "eagerly" or "admiringly" (i.e. to "muse" about such a future woudl be akin to "longing" for such a future), and that connotation certainly presented itself in the way you were using it. If you stick to using the word by its actual meaning, then anti-WEF people all-over have themselves "mused about a future where elections are 'no longer required".

But you're NOT the only one who is consciously or subconsciously looking at that video and seeing it as more than "musing", and I know that because the video is very carefully tailored. In fact, that video shows up in basically 2 forms; the whole video posted basically only to the WEF youtube page, and the other shorter form posted to numerous right-leaning and anti-WEF social media accounts.

What's the difference? Google founder Sergey Brin is talking about the difficulty in dealing with deep philosophical questions like what it means to be an individual versus a society and what it will mean to be a human in the future, and in the long version Schwab says:

"I think it's premature, because we don't know yet how the technology will look like, but one fear which I have heard is the technology now is, and digital technologies mainly have, an analytical power, now we go into a predictive power, and we have seen the first examples, and your company very much involved into it, but since the next step could be to go into prescriptive mode, which means you.. you do not even have to have elections anymore because you can already predict what, uh, predict, and afterwards you can say ‘why do we need elections because we know what the result will be', can you imagine such a world?

However the short version looks like this:

"The technology now is, and digital Technologies mainly have, an analytical power, now we go into a predictive power, and we have seen the first examples, and your company very much involved into it, but since the next step could be in to go into a prescriptive mode, which means you.. you do not even have to have elections anymore because you can already predict what, uh, predict, and afterwards you can say ‘why do we need elections” because we know what the result will be?’.”

Those highlighted bits are removed, and that is really important, because they make it clear that Karl and Sergey are just "musing", just as anyone on this site could muse about such a future. Without those bits, it makes it look like Karl is anticipating or even pontificating.
Lumber, you make some excellent points & I genuinely appreciate the pushback and the debate.

Those are all very good & very relevant things you pointed out, and you're right in that it does change the nature of the conversation

(I'll be honest, I hadn't really thought about the specific & proper use of the word 'musings' before just now. And you weren't kidding when you said you did some research! Here I was feeling like "Pffftttt...good luck debating down a VIDEO CLIP!" but my golly you did just that...)

Let me ask you, if I may, what your thoughts/opinion is on the state of current affairs & the direction we seem to be going? (Re the WEF, globalization, governments worldwide introducing censorship legislation, vaccine mandates, big agendas, etc etc)

I am so far down the rabbit hole & have been for months, I probably am missing some things because my brain seems to be ridiculously cynical about where I think we're headed.

(I can recognize I do have a subconscious filter when it comes to this stuff, and that filter probably filters out some relevant info...)

(I know it's a pretty wide net and the topic is as generalized or specific as one wants, but this is absolutely one forum thought/opinion I really want to be wrong about, re the future not looking as bright as it once was)

PS I still think Klaus is our enemy & a tyrannical globalist dick. I would say a wolf in sheep's clothing, but the guy even dresses like Emperor Palpatine for crying out loud...

Last edited:
The reality is that the 'vast majority' are going about their daily lives, largely unaware of what's going on - they just don't care.

Public participation in the political process is on the decline, hence the reason for all the social media histrionics these days to try and get them more engaged.

In liberal democracies such as Canada, one of the fundamental rights granted to all citizens is that of choosing their representatives in free and fair elections.

The most common political act in the population is by far voting. However, there has been an overall decline in voting in the past 50 years, despite a number of blips over the years (Chart 7). More specifically, the voting rate fell from 79% for the 1963 federal election to 61% for the last election in 2011. An all-time low of 58.5% was recorded in 2008.

These stats have been around since the founding of Canada. At least 25% of eligible voters have NEVER voted, 1 in 4 .
Canadians DO get off the couch for change elections and I think we are on the verge of a throw the bums out change.

Civic engagement is lower among recent immigrants​

Immigrants are less inclined than non-immigrants to volunteer for a group or organization (Thomas, 2012). They are also less likely to be members of a group, organization or association. In 2013, among the 25-to-64 age group, 59% of recent immigrants were members or participants in a group, compared with 63% of established immigrants and 67% of non-immigrantsNote7 (Table 4).

The differences between immigrants and non-immigrants were especially pronounced with regard to participation in sports and recreational organizations (19% of recent immigrants participated in such organizations compared with 33% of non-immigrants).

Churches, Curling (this is Canada we don't bowl), Service Clubs and Voting. The old Canada. The Canada that built the institutions.

The incomers never engaged with those institutions (It is equally fair to say that many of the institutions never engaged with the incomers either). Regardless it suggests to me a lack of a sense of ownership.

For some this is a safe place to park the family and make money.

Edit - For some, like myself, it is still difficult to conjour a sense of belonging despite six decades here.

Churches, Curling (this is Canada we don't bowl), Service Clubs and Voting. The old Canada. The Canada that built the institutions.

The incomers never engaged with those institutions (It is equally fair to say that many of the institutions never engaged with the incomers either). Regardless it suggests to me a lack of a sense of ownership.

For some this is a safe place to park the family and make money.

Edit - For some, like myself, it is still difficult to conjour a sense of belonging despite six decades here.
Not just incomers. GenX and new generations never got into these institutions that our Boomer parents grew up in and ran. It’s like the Boomers failed to institute a succession plan for these organizations and expected the newer generations to slide in when they retired.

HOLY F**K... 😲😲

The phone I'm using doesn't link out well, especially to sites I don't have a profile with, but where did this happen?

Question for a few of you...what's your impression of the suggestion that quite a few firearms are being smuggled up into Canada using routes thru native reserves that straddle the border?

Also...

Do the cartels play any significant role in smuggling guns into the country?

(Or is it mostly the entrepreneurial type, smuggling up one or two at a time to sell to local gangbangers?)

I remember watching a piece on the news (maybe a decade ago or so now) about how people would smuggle cartons of cigarettes & the odd gun in a canoe or shitty powerboat through a native reserve that straddled both Canada and the US. There were no police or government authorities anywhere in sight minus the small police service the reserve paid for, no customs, and no hidden surveillance. They would buy the cigs & guns legally in the US, get on the reserve, then just casually float their way to their destination on the Canadian side, and get out...

I know not everywhere is as empty of surveillance tech as it appears, but are native reserves that straddle the border a weak spot being exploited?

Not just incomers. GenX and new generations never got into these institutions that our Boomer parents grew up in and ran. It’s like the Boomers failed to institute a succession plan for these organizations and expected the newer generations to slide in when they retired.

The Boomers (not millennials et al) are the largest, most hypersensitive, narcissistic generation in history, so why should they care? ;)

Narcissism study finds boomers are more 'hypersensitive' than millennials​

Who's calling everyone snowflakes?

Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder have an "inflated sense of self-importance" and a "sense of entitlement," according to Mayo Clinic. Other traits include arrogance and an unwillingness to "recognize the needs and feelings of others." For this study, researchers interviewed people between 13 and 77 years old about their work and personal lives.

"There's a narrative in our culture that generations are getting more and more narcissistic, but no one has ever looked at it throughout generations or how it varies with age at the same time," said lead author and associate professor of psychology William Chopik.

Chopik and his team of researchers analyzed the subjects' interviews, ranking them based on a scale from 1 to 5. The most narcissistic traits — defensiveness, authoritativeness, and stubbornness — were ranked at 5. Generally, narcissistic traits like being full of yourself, being sensitive to criticism, and imposing your opinion on others declined "over time and with age."

But when the team compared generations, the older generations tended to be more sensitive as a whole.

The study suggests that baby boomers, or "individuals who were born earlier in the [20th] century," had higher levels of hypersensitivity, or being full of themselves, and higher levels of willfulness, or the tendency to impose their opinion on others.

Public participation in the political process is on the decline, hence the reason for all the social media histrionics these days to try and get them more engaged
I have a feeling the upcoming election will buck that trend...I think people are seeing two distinct sides & are waking up to what's at stake.

He needs his pension. Once that's locked in there's nothing else for him to hold out for.

Singh hit six years in Parliment back in October, so he’s vested in the pension now.

In any case, LPC could have all the scandals in the world. That still doesn’t mean an election until either the PM requests one or the NDP decide to revoke confidence. There still has to be something in it for them. Both parties’ realistic best hope is to try to push concrete policy before the end of the government term and see the CPC slide back down into minority government territory going into the election. Why would neither LPC or NDP hand CPC a guaranteed majority mandate?

Actually you may be closer to the mark. Those institutions, the Kiwanis, the Golf and Country Clubs, the Co-Ops, the United Church etc.... those were the Establishment. They were created by the parents and ancestors of the Boomers.

The Boomers were the Anti-Establishment. They believed it was wrong to trust anyone over thirty. Civility was hypocrisy: let it all hang out and express yourself man. They were definitely not bothered about offending the other if the other were over thirty. Forget micro-aggressions, they were out in the streets aggressing for fun and profit. Their icons were Rebels without a cause, the bad boys of Rock and Roll, and people counselling to Turn On, Tune In and Drop Out.

1708981196713.png 1708981281851.png1708981722854.png

Which resulted in this

1708981894559.png

Canadian kids in Yorkville trying to emulate their peers in Paris and the States with sit-ins, occupations and riots.

The Boomers didn't so much as "fail to institute a succession plan" as instituted a plan to tear down the institutions and institute their own Day Zero.

HOLY F**K... 😲😲

The phone I'm using doesn't link out well, especially to sites I don't have a profile with, but where did this happen?
Lower mainland BC.
Question for a few of you...what's your impression of the suggestion that quite a few firearms are being smuggled up into Canada using routes thru native reserves that straddle the border?
There is only one First Nations (FN) community like this and it's Akwesasne, near Cornwall ON. It's a multijurisdictional nightmare as it straddles Canada, the US, New York, Ontario and Québec. Policed by OPP, SQ, Akwesasne Mohawk Police (CA side) and NYSP, Franklin County Sheriffs Office and St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Police (US side). Throw in US Border Patrol, US Customs and Immigration, FBI, DHS on the American side and CBSA and RCMP on our side and there's a lot of hats at the table.
Do the cartels play any significant role in smuggling guns into the country?
If you're referring to the traditional cartels from central and south America, then, no. Organized crime and gangs (FN and non FN) conduct the bulk of the gun smuggling business.
(Or is it mostly the entrepreneurial type, smuggling up one or two at a time to sell to local gangbangers?)
That happens, too, by folks trying to make a quick buck.
I remember watching a piece on the news (maybe a decade ago or so now) about how people would smuggle cartons of cigarettes & the odd gun in a canoe or shitty powerboat through a native reserve that straddled both Canada and the US. There were no police or government authorities anywhere in sight minus the small police service the reserve paid for, no customs, and no hidden surveillance. They would buy the cigs & guns legally in the US, get on the reserve, then just casually float their way to their destination on the Canadian side, and get out...
Not anymore. Sometimes, over the summer, you can almost walk from the Canadian to US side by stepping from police blat to police boat. :) But, on the LE side there is a finite amount of resources and "Smuggler's Alley" as it's know locally, is not LE only source of customers.
I know not everywhere is as empty of surveillance tech as it appears, but are native reserves that straddle the border a weak spot being exploited?
I get asked if people who see something should call CBSA's Border Watch Tip Line or Crime Stoppers. I push them towards Crime Stoppers, as they can qualify for a cash reward and it's gets info into the LE system faster.

Back