• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

A lot of that is self-inflicted. It's been a easy street for Band Councils to blame everything on the government/whiteman. Except a lot of their members are going tired of that type of governance and are demanding better of themselves.
Membertou in Sydney enters the chat. They changed their business and governance practices to ISO 9002 many years ago and the place is the only thing going on in Industrial Cape Breton. They have built Reserve housing with 3/4 Plywood cladding not particle board. Intent to invest.

Not sure this should be in this thread or not but the fall out will certainly affect the LPC in one way or another.

It’ll only matter come election time. Anything but a CPC majority next election will show that Canadians don’t care. The 2025 election won’t be about picking a new government, it’ll be about making sure the current one goes back to peanut gallery status for a while.

Not sure this should be in this thread or not but the fall out will certainly affect the LPC in one way or another.

Hopefully the fall out is intense enough that trudeau prorogues Parliament and calls an election, rather than face the music.

And those reserves tend to be much better reserves in almost every measurable way, at that
And generally few in number compared to the 630-odd FNs out there, so hard to base broader policies on.

Minister Leblanc is new to the portfolio and from a Liberal stronghold so this can easily be laid at the feet of Mendicino, alongside his other failures. I can see some senior bureaucrats and maybe the CBSA president being asked to update their CVs and Indeed profiles, but none of this will stick to Trudeau.

Hopefully the fall out is intense enough that trudeau prorogues Parliament and calls an election, rather than face the music.
Possibly. Given some of the contracting and procurement experience I have ( and to be fair it is limited compared to many) it seems to me that there were multiple failure points.

1) at the authority level. I can chalk that up to incompetence of the PS types. Something about how it was awarded though looks fishy. I’d love to know if these guys are ex civil service.

2) departmental oversight looks to be another point of failure. These would be the procurement experts that should have vetted this.

3) PSPC. This should have made its way to PSPC. How they missed this…

4) finally at the minister level. You are rolling out an important piece of tech with major ramifications. You would think he would want to know and oversee this thing.

On that last point. I think there is a common tendency for ministers to want to know as little as possible to have whatever plausible deniability they feel they need. I know of one case of that when the cpc was last in power involving the spending of billions and a minister not wanting any details at all. I don’t think this limited to any one party. Just sadly a symptom of modern politics.

Minister Leblanc is new to the portfolio and from a Liberal stronghold so this can easily be laid at the feet of Mendicino, alongside his other failures. I can see some senior bureaucrats and maybe the CBSA president being asked to update their CVs and Indeed profiles, but none of this will stick to Trudeau.
Pretty sure the president of cbsa at that time is now retired.

This looks like a good fit for this thread. I don't agree with this one bit, but it's indicative of how unpopular he is right now.

Pretty sure the president of cbsa at that time is now retired.
The current president assumed her role in July 2022.

This looks like a good fit for this thread. I don't agree with this one bit, but it's indicative of how unpopular he is right now.

In this politically divided day and age, I wouldn’t say that’s all that significant - as comments sections of news articles and social media show, anyone can easily just “anonymously” write a hateful email or review.

…and that’s assuming that those folks are actually from the community and not bots. There are so many bots.

The $80K version launched in April 2020. Since then another $59,420,000 has gone downrange.
I don't like to say The Lord's name in vain...but...

Wow. Just wow.

If this weren't government, I imagine the police would be all over this for the seemingly obvious embezzlement & fraud that's taken place...

So since April of 2020, almost $60 million dollars spent on something with absolutely zero tangible results to show for it.

And the LPC will still gaslight us and warn us that PP is the real danger to responsible fiscal management...unreal...

Possibly. Given some of the contracting and procurement experience I have ( and to be fair it is limited compared to many) it seems to me that there were multiple failure points.

1) at the authority level. I can chalk that up to incompetence of the PS types. Something about how it was awarded though looks fishy. I’d love to know if these guys are ex civil service.

2) departmental oversight looks to be another point of failure. These would be the procurement experts that should have vetted this.

3) PSPC. This should have made its way to PSPC. How they missed this…

4) finally at the minister level. You are rolling out an important piece of tech with major ramifications. You would think he would want to know and oversee this thing.

On that last point. I think there is a common tendency for ministers to want to know as little as possible to have whatever plausible deniability they feel they need. I know of one case of that when the cpc was last in power involving the spending of billions and a minister not wanting any details at all. I don’t think this limited to any one party. Just sadly a symptom of modern politics.
Tanks! for your perspective from inside the bubble.🫡

Ibbitson on the Trudeau/LPC Conundrum

Interestingly I took the GF out for Valentines Eve dinner (now the go to move, no crowds at all!) at Petite Bills and who should we be sat beside but John and his party. So as I was blatantly eves dropping their conversation of "What do the University Class mean by De-Colonization?" I was rudely interrupted by the GF with the look of "Don't you dare enter that conversation!"

Anyhoo when they got up to leave I congratulated him on his book "The Duel" and we had a brief conversation on his journalist career and its connection to my GF family.

An interesting evening overall.

Some of the spending was $2.2 in thousands of dollars for APPBOT to increase the approval of the App.
At the 12:00 mark with comparisons with other Apps.

Back