• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

No, they said they "may consider" adjusting the numbers. Which means they won't do anything and will barrel forward at the current rate.
The way I heard it is they are examining the temporary numbers such as students with an eye towards imposing limitations but still maintain the half a million permanent oens

The way I heard it is they are examining the temporary numbers such as students with an eye towards imposing limitations but still maintain the half a million permanent oens
Still way too much.

When we can only build 140,000 houses a year and there isn’t enough already bringing in 500k a year just adds to the problem.

Unless we actually bring in construction workers (and not the 3% we are currently bringing in) we are just driving ourselves into a deeper and deeper hole.

Great combination of mismanagement at all levels though. Our education systems across the provinces have failed us in failing to produce and train the tradespeople we need.

Our immigration systems are failing us because they fail/refuse to bring in people with the skill sets we actually need. Coupled with bringing in way too many for our strained system to handle.

Our municipal systems has failed us in that they have generally failed to effectively plan for the future and have generally done all they can to prevent growth.

Ultimately this is a reap what we sow type issue, the only part that really sucks is those who sowed aren’t the ones suffering for it, generally they are making insane profits from it.

Policies have not translated into prosperity... quel suprise

Poor policies responsible for stagnant economy and deteriorating federal finances​

The Trudeau government was elected in 2015 based in part on a new approach to government policy, promising greater prosperity for Canadians through short-term deficit spending, lower taxes for most Canadians, and a more direct and active role for government in economic development.

However, the result has been economic stagnation and a marked deterioration in the country’s finances. If Canada is to restore its economic and fiscal health, Ottawa must enact fundamental policy reform.

The Trudeau government has significantly increased spending from $256.2 billion in 2014-15 to a projected $449.8 billion in 2023-24 (excluding debt interest costs) to expand existing programs and create new programs.

In 2016, the government increased the top personal income tax rate on entrepreneurs, professionals and businessowners from 29 per cent to 33 per cent. Consequently, the combined top personal income tax rate (federal and provincial) now exceeds 50 per cent in eight provinces and the country’s average top combined rate in 2022 ranked fifth-highest among 38 OECD countries. This represents a serious competitive challenge for Canada to attract and retain entrepreneurs, investors and skilled professionals (e.g. doctors) we badly need.

And while the Trudeau government reduced the middle personal income tax rate, it also eliminated several tax credits. Due to the combination of these two policy changes, 86 per cent of middle-income families now pay higher personal income taxes.

The Trudeau government also borrowed to help finance new spending, triggering a string of budget deficits. As a result, federal gross debt has ballooned to $1.9 trillion (2022-23) and will reach a projected $2.4 trillion by 2027-28, fuelling a marked growth in interest costs, which now consume substantial levels of revenue unavailable for government services or tax reduction.

Simply put, the Trudeau government has produced large increases in government spending, taxes and borrowing, which have not translated into a more robust and vibrant economy.

Part of the plan to break the nation-state of Canada as we know it, and transition it into that Nirvana-esque post-nation state that JT can’t shut up about.

It remains to be seen if the nation-state destruction is reversible at this point…not sure it is.

The real problem Canada has is not Trudeau himself. The problem are the voters who decided voting for this train wreck was a good idea in the first place, but most damaging was then repeatedly keeping him in office. And there is a real threat he could win again or one of his like minded minions would pick up the torch. So the problem resides with the populace that is fed misinformation from many media sources.

The Lib brain trust are terrified of losing Mr Trudeau as the base are all the Boomer Women that loved his Dad and will stay home if he goes ...
Well, some pollsters say a fair number of women have already gone over to Team Blue, which the Team Red "brain" trust must also know - this from late-ish last week (source - archived link) ....
Screenshot 2024-01-16 102906.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-16 103117.jpg
Lot of time before an election can happen short of Team Orange changing its mind on a confidence vote, but none of the numbers look good for Team Red right this second.

People know he's a pathological liar. Most have stopped listening to his utter bullshit and that of his caucus. They know whatever the liberals say will result in a 180° reversal of the promise. When he talks, he's merely placating his marxist base. Nobody else.

Part of the plan to break the nation-state of Canada as we know it, and transition it into that Nirvana-esque post-nation state that JT can’t shut up about.

It remains to be seen if the nation-state destruction is reversible at this point…not sure it is.

Ahhh, a convert! 😁

It's what I've been saying all along. Trudeau is only Canadian by virtue of his passport.

Welcome to the dark side G2G!😃

Great combination of mismanagement at all levels though. Our education systems across the provinces have failed us in failing to produce and train the tradespeople we need.

Our immigration systems are failing us because they fail/refuse to bring in people with the skill sets we actually need. Coupled with bringing in way too many for our strained system to handle.

Our municipal systems has failed us in that they have generally failed to effectively plan for the future and have generally done all they can to prevent growth.
The "systems", which is to say the central planning functions of government, could never do the job even if the primary motivation of people in government was to truly serve "the people". We've had the theory and the empirical evidence for decades: "markets" operating freely and exploiting (simply by permitting) the agility and cunning of millions of people can efficiently allocate resources in ways that handfuls of central planners can never achieve. It simply isn't possible to acquire and process the information fast enough.

No-one is going to be able to predict future employment requirements far enough in advance to apportion educational streams. Don't try. Let people figure it out for themselves.

Ditto immigration, although the timeline is shorter - perhaps a few years, rather than 12.

Municipalities have an even longer time horizon to consider.

So, what is to be done? I'd start by having "the 25%" - the tranche of people capable of, and with, academic post-secondary education - shut up, stop finding reasons to despise the "lower" classes, or at least not openly voice their disdain, and stop trying to nudge people into the directions they think everyone should go. Stop taking away pleasures and pastimes. Stop dividing things into "permitted/mandatory" and "forbidden". Stop preening with affected moral superiority.

Some insiders say Trudeau is looking forward to crushing the PP led CPC.

I think UBI will be a fiscal bridge too far. He still hasn't gotten pharmacare to fly yet.

Did not the feds just announce that are scaling back immigration as it is contributing to the housing crisis in the Liberal heartlands.

The Liberals have kicked the assault style firearm buyback to beyond the next fixed election date. Probably because they need that $2B+ for other quick vote getting projects.
They are however working on UBI and last I saw they are planning to try and push it through. Most likely a ploy to try and get votes but if it looks like they will lose I could see them pushing it through with NDP support as part of their scorched earth process.

They just announced that they are looking at reducing the number of foreign students to ease pressure on the market so they can keep the immigration numbers up. Makes since too - reduce the people that are putting into the economy so we can have more people be a burden instead. and yes I do understand that there are immigrants that are good for us to have but unfortunately there are a large number that are not.

They are however working on UBI and last I saw they are planning to try and push it through. Most likely a ploy to try and get votes but if it looks like they will lose I could see them pushing it through with NDP support as part of their scorched earth process.

They just announced that they are looking at reducing the number of foreign students to ease pressure on the market so they can keep the immigration numbers up. Makes since too - reduce the people that are putting into the economy so we can have more people be a burden instead. and yes I do understand that there are immigrants that are good for us to have but unfortunately there are a large number that are not.

What is given can be taken away.

The real problem Canada has is not Trudeau himself. The problem are the voters who decided voting for this train wreck was a good idea in the first place, but most damaging was then repeatedly keeping him in office. And there is a real threat he could win again or one of his like minded minions would pick up the torch. So the problem resides with the populace that is fed misinformation from many media sources.
1705429414690.png Not much has changed....

Ahhh, a convert! 😁

It's what I've been saying all along. Trudeau is only Canadian by virtue of his passport.

Welcome to the dark side G2G!😃
I’ve pretty much been skeptical of the blackfaced, alleged statutory rapist for a long time. I just don’t know if enough voters won’t fall back to old habits of believing sunny ways, happy-worded, breathily and moistly-spoken promises…as QV notes upthread, true blame, naive or not, lies with Canadian voters.

I meant what I said about my concerns of irreversibility…I’m not sure Canada is salvageable from the post-nation state drive by Trudeau and company…remember when 100-200B was considered a lot of federal debt? 2+ TRILLION in the coming years? FFS! I have actually mentally written off my pension, as far as planning for my future, and if that’s the case, I won’t be living out my final days in the land of sunny ways, fairie dust, unicorns and 15-minute cities…

There is a lot in the name. It is fashionable to call oneself "liberal". And really, most people today are liberal by the traditional definition. The LPC is certainly not "liberal" though, this party is illiberal. They should not be allowed to use the term "liberal". It's false advertising.

Also add the the voters who stayed home on election day, saying "my vote makes no difference" and then fucking whine about shitty government. Pure laziness apathy and only concerned about themselves.

ALL those non votes could have made a difference.

I’ve pretty much been skeptical of the blackfaced, alleged statutory rapist for a long time. I just don’t know if enough voters won’t fall back to old habits of believing sunny ways, happy-worded, breathily and moistly-spoken promises…as QV notes upthread, true blame, naive or not, lies with Canadian voters.
Trudeau and Co. campaign really well and they know how to get the electorate spun up. Today's article stating that "Canada is ready for a possible second Trump presidency", wherein he wasted no time slagging PP in the same breath as Trump is a classic example. Trump winning the US will kill PP's chances here, I think.

Also, Trudeau knows that he can promise anything but only has to deliver a few of the promises that his base wants. Everything else goes into the 'too hard" folder or he blames the Opposition for opposing him. What a novel thought.
I won’t be living out my final days in the land of sunny ways, fairie dust, unicorns and 15-minute cities…
Would you prefer another gulag instead?

15-minute cities…
What's your beef with 15-mintue cities? Please tell me you're not one of those nut-jobs who thinks 15-minute cities are a massive NWO/WEF conspiracy to control the population?

Back