• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tough Mudder - Good training to prepare for BMQ/Obstacle Courses?

That sounds about a thousand times harder than what someone would do in BMQ. I'd bet that's a  more challenging course than most CF members will ever see.

The CF should adopt a course like this.  What's the distance for the average tough mudder?

10 -12 miles. Usually up, down and around a ski hill-type setting.

It's 12 miles, this should replace the 13km forced march!!

ObedientiaZelum said:
That sounds about a thousand times harder than what someone would do in BMQ. I'd bet that's a  more challenging course than most CF members will ever see.

The CF should adopt a course like this.  What's the distance for the average tough mudder?

Well anyone can sign up and serving/retired members get a discount.

I think tough mudder also supports charitys. I know last year in Ontario they were supporting wounded warriors. So its an all around good cause.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Well anyone can sign up and serving/retired members get a discount.

Are you volunteering as team captain for army.ca's team next year?  ;)

ObedientiaZelum said:
Are you volunteering as team captain for army.ca's team next year?  ;)

I am team captain for the "Teddy Bear Attack" which was going to be my work team but it appears that everyone else has backed out so................if anyone wants to do this Tough Mudder I have a good start time of 09:20 reserved and after 5 people sign up we all score discounts.
Saturday Sept 28.

https://register.toughmudder.com/tm/#event/18015/page/landing

Completed in 4 hours, a bunch of bruises. Witnessed a lot of injuries and muscle cramps. I think the best part was helping others and others so willing to help you when needed.

Awesome, I recommend this to everyone.

Cbbmtt said:
I think the best part was helping others and others so willing to help you when needed.

Yes, I was quite surprised at the great attitudes for this.

I was 3 hours for the Toronto one last year but they have promised to make it harder and more obstacilly......[if that's a word]

The mountain climbs were crazy steep. They brought an actual mud machine in and everyone from last year said the course was a lot harder. The mud was up to the hips for a while!!

Arctic enema was by far the most painful, lot's of people ended up with hypothermia and couldn't move once they were in there and had to be pulled out.

Cbbmtt said:
Arctic enema was by far the most painful, lot's of people ended up with hypothermia and couldn't move once they were in there and had to be pulled out.

Thats weird.......I loved it and, from about halfway through the run on, I would have enjoyed another dip.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Thats weird.......I loved it and, from about halfway through the run on, I would have enjoyed another dip.

My friend got a huge Ice chunk in the face, the Ice cubes filled most of the obstacle, no love from me nor my spuds that's for sure.

I did the run May 16th when it was -8 with hail, snow and rain. I saw, very stupid people, jump into the arctic enema and then no be able to finish the race because they didn't warm up.

I would love to do tough mudder again when it is warmer. I was unable to do most of the obstacles because they were water based and we were advised against going into the water due to the weather and temperature.

Ducam said:
I did the run May 16th when it was -8 with hail, snow and rain. I saw, very stupid people, jump into the arctic enema and then no be able to finish the race because they didn't warm up.

I would love to do tough mudder again when it is warmer. I was unable to do most of the obstacles because they were water based and we were advised against going into the water due to the weather and temperature.

EWWWWWW I would not want to do that event in -8 degree weather. Good for you!

I agree, did the course last year and then again this year. it was by far easier this time around and no I'm not in better shape. Call me crazy but Arctic Enema was warmer and they definitely had way less ice in it this year than last and I agree with previous poster would have jumped in again after that long running trek, walk the plank just didn't cut it for me.

Congrats to everyone who participated, it was an awesome day even if the weather wasn't as great for my wave on Saturday!

Hey BM, love the proposed team name. What part of the country is your TM on?...if I'm not on course/selected at that time I might be game to do a trip. Both my friend and I want to do two TMs a year, in different parts of N. America so we get to travel while we are at it. Perhaps we can hit your race as our second of the year? It is only June after all! :)

To add my modest experience from BMQ. Doing able to do a couple of chin-up with weighted vest (~20lbs) will be of a great help when come the time to jump a wall, because all the obstacle you'll do in your BMQ are going to be with your C7 and your tac-vest, which account for about 20 pounds. Trust me, that's a very embarassing situation to not be able to lift yourself while jumping those wall. It's not mandatory but it's always better to be prepared.

As for the rain, and running shoes, it's not a big deal, since after your run your shoes will be drying under your chair as you'll wear your combat boots for the rest of the day (unless you got a second pt). To avoid injuries, better to get a single pair of running shoes of first quality and change it often; that's litterally mean trowing it in the garbage at the end of your course.

If anyone reading this is doing the Toronto Tough Mudder the weekend of 28/29th I will be helping out with the Wounded Warrior booth after I'm done the course.......come on over and say hi.

Back