• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tory minority in jeopardy as opposition talks coalition. Will there be another election?

Unreal. Stephan Dion obviously will stop at nothing to be PM.

We're going to have a government backed up by a party whose goal is to break up Canada. Just wow. Almost makes me want to pull pole, move to Texas and say frig this country. I really hope the GG sees what is going on and decides to call an election instead of letting this happen. Fingers crossed.

Lets say this coalition comes to fruition, and Dawn Black becomes minister of defense, is the CF screwed and back to the old days of slashing our budget.

The NDP leader also called on the prime minister to "accept this gracefully" and not bring further instability by fighting the verdict of his colleagues in the House.
........As Brutus said to Caesar ;D

Gawdstrewth.  It is to laugh.  I am too old to waste anymore tears on this nonsense.

Anybody want to join me on the hill tomorrow in protest?  I mean, you know, if the left can do it, why not us?  

Kirkhill said:
........As Brutus said to Caesar ;D

Gawdstrewth.  It is to laugh.  I am too old to waste anymore tears on this nonsense.

As noted earlier, start stocking up on the brewski's....

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Alright, I'm going to throw in my two cents, as I've been seeing red from this whole...mess.

I voted Conservative. I voted Conservative because I as well as the largest percentage since Confederation over 140 years ago did NOT want the Liberals in power. I did NOT vote for the NDP, they've always got their heads shoved so far up their own @sses that all they can do is talk $hit.

However, somehow, even though the Liberals wound up with the lowest popular support since Confederation in a general election less than two months ago, we could end up with one Prime Minister Stephane Dion. I am not pleased at all about this, quite frankly I'm quite pissed. The Conservatives were elected, and now in an attempt to nullify the election we had, we could end up with a country run by separatists (yeah, I live in Nova Scotia and could have someone who wants Canada to break part of my government how happy do you think that makes me?), communists sans balls, and a party with their worst ever vote.

Midget

How much more right can you get? Why don't they get over the fact that we don't want them in power? Guess I'll have to move to the U.S. if this shyte happens.

::)

-A very disgusted and angry Beaver

Kilo_302 said:
I for one, and happy. We need proportional representation in this country, and with the proposed coalition government, more Canadians will have the parties they voted for in power.

No matter how many times I read this it is still too stupid to understand.........
I didn't see 'coalition party' on my ballot.

And if I'm a Tory I think this is perfect, you want to be the Govt. during a recession?.....  here ya go, take the keys.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
No matter how many times I read this it is still too stupid to understand.........
I didn't see 'coalition party' on my ballot.

And if I'm a Tory I think this is perfect, you want to be the Govt. during a recession?.....  here ya go, take the keys.

Quoted for truth. This coalition would pretty much wind up giving us a one party system come next election... Then it will go the other way again after the CPC fixes what the coalition broke. Happened in Ontario after that moron Rae drove the province straight into the ground like a 6' picket.

Can someone clarify this for me. If the coalition goes forth, and Dion becomes the PM, he will still step down in May. Then the new liberal leader will step in as Prime Minister.

So, in six months, the Liberal Party will determine who is the new Prime Minister? Better still 308 Liberal Delegates will determine who is Prime Minister? hmm. Does that sound correct?

Does this sound crazy to anyone else?

Our next Prime Minister, golly ***king gee whiz.  ::) , god help us all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5hoSfvIFFE

EDIT: Language

What irritates me the most is that the NDP started negotiations immediately after the election. This clearly shows that the issue has less to do with the so called fiscal update, and more to do with a pure grab for power. The talk radio out west is full of similar sentiment. If the Liberals and the NDP want to loose all their seats in the west, then this is the best way to do it.  

this is the letter I sent my mp, dion and layton

"
Dear Sirs:

Let me start this off, by relating how discusted I am with your planned coup d'etat, of the properly elected Government of Canada.  Your are all spitting in the face of Canadian's who very clearly sent you all a message, that said loud and clear, "WE DO NOT WANT YOU IN CHARGE!"  You can try and dress this up as much as you want, with political double speak, about how this is in the best interests of Canadians, but the plain reality is, it is painfully obvious to Canadians that this is nothing more than a naked power grab, for the sake of simply being in power.  These actions are in line with military junta's and dictators in the third world.  Following through with will forever taint Canada's reputation as a champion of democracy.  It is obvious none of you or your parties have any qualms, with being labelled as hypocrites, but as a Canadian Soldier it deeply troubles me.  I have volunteered several times for overseas deployment to Afghanistan, where right now, I have several friends and colleagues who are risking their lives, so the people of Afghanistan may have the chance one day to enjoy the simple democratic freedoms, I enjoy today.  But how can the people and the Government of Afghanistan, take us seriously, when the oppostion parties ignore the results of a federal election, and seize power for themselves.  As of right now I am ashamed to be a Canadian, and ashamed to be a Canadian Soldier.

Cpl
48th Highlanders of Canada"

Kilo_302 said:
I for one, and happy. We need proportional representation in this country, and with the proposed coalition government, more Canadians will have the parties they voted for in power.

- Just like old Soviet Union.  You always vote for party that win!  Everybody happy.  After while, why vote at all?

This "deal" makes me want to vomit. This crap smells like coup to me. I know it's not, but that's what it feels like. Makes me sick.

ModlrMike said:
What irritates me the most is that the NDP started negotiations immediately after the election. This clearly shows that the issue has less to do with the so called fiscal update, and more to do with a pure grab for power. The talk radio out west is full of similar sentiment. If the Liberals and the NDP want to loose all their seats in the west, then this is the best way to do it.  

71 to 21

That's 71 Conservative MP's to 21 Lib/NDP MP's.  

The west already spoke, loud and clear during the election.  

A couple of days ago I said that the west will not take this lying down.  You want to know the difference between Western separation and Quebec separation?  The west has the financial ways and means to do it and they won't piss about trying to strategically vote themselves favours and riches, they'll just do it.

Just found this on another forum:

Jack and Gilles,
Went up the Hill,
To build a Coalition.
And, with Dion
They shoved the Cons,
Back into Opposition.

Three lunatics,
Whose stupid tricks,
Will leave us all in Debt.
Thus, I note,
When you don't vote,
This is the sh*t you get!

Sums it up to me!

Zip said:
71 to 21

A couple of days ago I said that the west will not take this lying down.  You want to know the difference between Western separation and Quebec separation?  The west has the financial ways and means to do it and they won't piss about trying to strategically vote themselves favours and riches, they'll just do it.

So then after this coalition government has run its course for better or for worse would you be fine with allowing those "$%# separatist(s)" from the West back into parliament?

The GG has one more option that has gotten little air time... she can simply refuse to grant either Mr Harper or Mr Dion their requests. She can send them both back to the House of Commons with instructions to sort themselves out.

And another thing... When Mr Dion says the House has lost confidence in Mr Harper, what confidence does he think they have in him? After all, his own party is forcing him to step down as leader. The GG could well argue that point in her decision.

Zip said:
71 to 21

- I think this site is NOT the site to promote Western or Eastern or any other 'ern separation.  A lot of the young and gullible lurk here and the last thing we want are some refugees from their mother's basements blowing out the bank seats of the Nipigon River bridge and saying they were inspired by Army.ca.

- Same-same for those comments bordering on armed insurrection.  Army.ca is no place for Wheatfield Jihadists.

Gimpy said:
So then after this coalition government has run its course for better or for worse would you be fine with allowing those "$%# separatist(s)" from the West back into parliament?

No, for all intents and purposes as far as I am concerned Canada would already be dead. 

The very second that this coalition is permitted to dispose of the elected government on the permission and with the blessing of an unelected figurehead Canada, ceases to exist as a real democracy for me.

Pragmatism isn't my strong suit.

Back