• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons hiking prices on coffee, bagels

Rayman said:
Call me weird but when I worked in that area (Oromocto) I used to get coffee from Scholltens for the Irish creamers... I didnt find their coffee that bad at all.

If you insist...You're weird! (hey you told me to do it  ;D) I liked the coffee and the nice fresh cheese cakes and carrot cakes across the road from Timmie's was that sour grapes? In the old Call Center building?

IN HOC SIGNO said:
If you insist...You're weird! (hey you told me to do it  ;D) I liked the coffee and the nice fresh cheese cakes and carrot cakes across the road from Timmie's was that sour grapes? In the old Call Center building?

Yes, that's Sour Grapes ... and their carrot cake rocks!! It's superior tasting to Timmies carrot cake AND a slice is also three times the size but half the cost of a Timmies slice.

I am going to get sooooooo fat there!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Depends ... I like mine extra large and black. I'm not addicted to that 33% cream crap & sugar poured into it. For straight up coffee ... I'm actually liking Sour Grapes now. Only tried my first cup there about a month ago. When I'm doing a coffee run for just me --- I go to Sour Grapes  ... if I'm picking up for everyone at work, well they'd skin me alive if I brought back anything other than Timmies.

That's OK though; it'll end as soon as the new Timmies is up outside the front gate -- then they can all go get their own damn coffee and I'll go elsewhere where there are no lines!!

I just have 2 sugar in my coffee. 

So when is this new Timms going to be built?  but then again, think the line up in the mornings  ::)

Line ups? Well youll also have the workers from Sobeys Distribution if they are building it where I think they are.

ArmyVern said:
Yes, that's Sour Grapes ... and their carrot cake rocks!! It's superior tasting to Timmies carrot cake AND a slice is also three times the size but half the cost of a Timmies slice.

I am going to get sooooooo fat there!!  ;D

I used to go there and sit in the comfy chairs by the fireplace to have a quiet coffee with someone who needed a listening ear....so much more ambiance than the office. The chocolate cheese cake was pretty good too as I recall.

Rayman said:
Line ups? Well youll also have the workers from Sobeys Distribution if they are building it where I think they are.

No, they'll still go to the Mall. It's going outside the main gate -- not the Burton gate. They won't want to wait in line behind all the course candidates who are lined up at the front gate with their lists of 60 coffee.  ;)

NL_engineer said:
I just have 2 sugar in my coffee. 

So when is this new Timms going to be built?  but then again, think the line up in the mornings  ::)

Well, now that CE has filled in the basement that they dug for the new Main Gate location (in a swamp --- go figure ...  ::) ) and has actually now started construction of the new guard shack on the slab they installed over the backfilled basement ...

Timmies can't be far behind ...

(They did give us a date for completion in our last OGp -- but I'll be damned if I can recall what it is now ... )

ArmyVern said:
Well, now that CE has filled in the basement that they dug for the new Main Gate location (in a swamp --- go figure ...  ::) ) and has actually now started construction of the new guard shack on the slab they installed over the backfilled basement ...

Timmies can't be far behind ...

(They did give us a date for completion in our last OGp -- but I'll be damned if I can recall what it is now ... )

I always used to get a kick out of the old so-called "guard shack" With a Commissionaire sitting with his back to incoming traffic watching soap operas! Talk about "Open Base Concept."

Years ago it was very different. No base pass, no entry and visitors had to be accompanied.

Line ups were rather long but quick, as long as your pass was in the correct place.

Regards

Every so often, the MP's do an ID check  ;D other wise, any one can get on base with no problems as long as they don't go 51 KM/H, or in the 30 zone, 31KM/H  ::)

NL_engineer said:
Every so often, the MP's do an ID check  ;D other wise, any one can get on base with no problems as long as they don't go 51 KM/H, or in the 30 zone, 31KM/H  ::)

Sure they can!!

You just use one of the two OTHER gates where the guard shacks have been torn down and no longer exist ... seems pretty secure to me!!  >:D

They aren't on the Main Gate Mile, and only have an occasional MP sitting in his cruiser a klick in ... drinking his coffee.

NL_engineer said:

Speeding is a huge factor here ... way too many marching troops out and about on the roads for all the usual suspects in their souped-up crappy tire parts cars with blackened windows behaving like idiots giving 'er to impress their buddies.

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I always used to get a kick out of the old so-called "guard shack" With a Commissionaire sitting with his back to incoming traffic watching soap operas! Talk about "Open Base Concept."

My brother came to visit me in the mid 80's, couldn't remember the building number I worked in K-5 at the time, he expalined to the commisionaire where it was,  they still wouldn't let him in or call K-5 or K-3 to see which one I was in, to make a long stoy short, my brother ended up getting frustrated and left.

ArmyVern said:
Speeding is a huge factor here ... way too many marching troops out and about on the roads for all the usual suspects in their souped-up crappy tire parts cars with blackened windows behaving like idiots giving 'er to impress their buddies.

Don't forget the ones with coffee can exhausts.

BTW the price for a XLG coffee went down from 1.77 to 1.75 at least here

ArmyVern said:

So true
ArmyVern said:
Sure they can!!

You just use one of the two OTHER gates where the guard shacks have been torn down and no longer exist ... seems pretty secure to me!!  >:D

They aren't on the Main Gate Mile, and only have an occasional MP sitting in his cruiser a klick in ... drinking his coffee.

But the North gate (I think, the one by CFSME's DTA) is closed at 6 and on weekends, while the other is always open  ::)

NL_engineer said:
So true
But the North gate (I think, the one by CFSME's DTA) is closed at 6 and on weekends, while the other is always open  ::)

The Burton gate is also "open access" (NO staffing) 24/7 now.

I'm not sure about the DTA gate -- I keep away from that one.

Wasn't the Burton Gate kept open cause of the old 3 ASG Comd living out that way?

EDITED FOR SPELLING

ArmyVern said:
The Burton gate is also "open access" (NO staffing) 24/7 now.

I'm not sure about the DTA gate -- I keep away from that one.

It is open from 0600-1800 on work days

NFLD Sapper said:
Wasn't the Burton Gate kept open cause of the old 3 ASG Comd living out that way?

EDITED FOR SPELLING

Doubtful....Col MacLeod 01-04 lived in Oromocto West and Col Jestin (04-07) lived in Qs as does the current B Comd....sounds like an Urban Legend to me.

NFLD Sapper said:

EDITED FOR SPELLING

100% false. The 24/7 access through it just started this past spring ... after the 3 ASG Comd had already been here for 2.5 years and just before he was posted out. It had zero to do with where he lived.

Some f'n troops aren't happy unless the gossip is going around -- keeps their wives loaded with conversation topics for the backyard gaggle fests.

Back