• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thunderflash

marmaloon

Inactive
Reaction score
Just an innocent question here, did they use flash powder or blank powder?  ???

You can find just about anything you want if you use Google. It took me about 10 seconds to find that link, I never heard of it before that time.

It's very old, from 1976. A few years ago you could get the entire library of CF Pubs online straight from the source.

kkwd said:
It's very old, from 1976. A few years ago you could get the entire library of CF Pubs online straight from the source.

But someone has gone and used the updated CFP number for it.....

Ok. I fixed the link, now they can find the info themselves.

Sure curiousity is permitted. Thats why I was curious what brought up the question. Typically no one thinks about simulators (Thunderflash, Arty Sim) until there has been some sort of incident. If you searched on Google you probably found B-GL-385 Grenades and Pyros from 1976, however it was amended in 1991.

If you have DWAN access and can find the epub library there is an ammo version of the pub. By searching the epub library for C-74-370 you will find it, but it doesn't have any more information than the B-GL.

Not a big fan of the thunderflash, it is a poor representation of the item it is suppose to simulate.

ammocat said:
Sure curiousity is permitted. Thats why I was curious what brought up the question. Typically no one thinks about simulators (Thunderflash, Arty Sim) until there has been some sort of incident. If you searched on Google you probably found B-GL-385 Grenades and Pyros from 1976, however it was amended in 1991.

If you have DWAN access and can find the epub library there is an ammo version of the pub. By searching the epub library for C-74-370 you will find it, but it doesn't have any more information than the B-GL.

Not a big fan of the thunderflash, it is a poor representation of the item it is suppose to simulate.

Mine has 2004 written on it.....

Bat Sim/BERFS kit does a much better job

>:D

Ha... C4 does a better job anytime
It would be memorable - to say the very least ;)

yup especially when you have to get rid of a whole roll of det cord....

The T flash does the job cheaply and safely for Pte Numpty and his trench mates. After all it is just a simulation of having thrown a grenade, not the actual effects of one. If you want realistic explosions and whizzing shrapnel, bring in the sappers!!!  ;D

I suppose I should introduce myself, I'm from Dartmouth NS, I served for a very short time in 3RCR and 1RCR a long time ago, I was never an outstanding soldier but I managed to make it through my modest svc (4 short years -  so yes, fucking YTEP, I didn't know the dangers of signing up under that program lol!  :p) with an honourable discharge, I didn't have to go into harms way for anything, which I am neither proud of or ashamed of, I respect the guys who serve for 20+ years (like dad), *4 years in garrison is sfa let'sface it*,  the long serving members are the ones who deserve recognition, I every now and then think of re-enlisting, but think better of it as I probably would not make a good svc man anymore, maybe if they wanted some comic relief  :p. To get back on track, once I cut up a Thunderflash to see what it was like inside once, I seem to recall the business end of it was maybe a 1/2 " X 2" plastic container that had the goody inside and the fuze of course, seemed to be some sort of grey powder if I remember correctly.

marmaloon said:
*4 years in garrison is sfa let'sface it

Never sell yourself short Tony, you served, did your time, and thats puts you in the same catagory as any one of us. I'd buy you a cold beer at any Cdn Legion or Aussie RSL anytime. Go here www.bribiersl.com.au, this is my local watering hole  ;D

Regards,

Wes

Hey, that's mighty good of you, Wes.

That offer good for all?

Cheers,

Doc

Back