• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Simunition Merged Thread- Check Here First

KevinB said:
(my sources tell me he was penetrated a few times testing...
Damn! i dont want to be penetratedthey better sort that shyte out, and quick.

And NO, im not trying to be funny.

soldiers301 said:
No. Normally the barrel is blue painted.

Read the first post, the new simunition fires out of the regular barrel.

Mike_R23A said:
well it wouldn't be blue then, lol
Im not going to "assume" anything, but the reason why i posted my first response to this thread is that from Kevin's reply
my sources tell me he was penetrated a few times testing...
That tells me that they were having some problems with the velocity of the "simunition" round, and thus the penetration power was in excess of what was exceptable. Correct me if i am wrong Kevin.
{edit] And yes, i know the meaning behid painting weapons /munitions blue[/edit]

You are clearly wrong here. You said the barrel would be painted blue, yet the original post said that they use the regular barrel. C6's and C9's don't have bright blue barrels.

they would probably put blue tape on them after checking that it is loaded with Sim rounds or just designate those weapon or barrels to the Sim round and paint the barrels blue

Maybe the darth vader helmet would be enough of a sign?

Guys - when we go sim we take the other bolts etc.

With the new kits same idea - but all you do is do an accouting of the bolts and put them away.

True there will be no visual signature (other than people kitted in Sim gear)  but if you dont trust them - they really shoudl not be sim'ing or have live weapons either...

Kevin, Oh, I can see the hesitation on thier part, .....right now,this very minute, can you say YOU trust everyone in your unit not to be stupid?
I know I used to like seeing that big yellow BFA on the end of the FN.

EDIT: as soon as I hit post I thought of this, would say the range control/ firing NCO actually certify and put some kind of "marker" on the weapon that was clearly visable to everyone?

No admittedly I dont (especially with the coke and crack babies - but thats for another thread...)

But even when we use the normal sims - the section cdr had to account for all the live kit and enusre the troops where gtg.

IF a troop where to fuck around with live gear, not much you can do - since they coudl always do that at a range anyway...

You have to give them some credit.

True there will be no visual signature (other than people kitted in Sim gear)  but if you dont trust them - they really shoudl not be sim'ing or have live weapons either...

This coming from the same guy who thinks the avg soldier is too stupid to be trusted with single action pistols.

(Yes, yes, I know, holster, etc....) ;D

Britney Spears said:
This coming from the same guy who thinks the avg soldier is too stupid to be trusted with single action pistols.

(Yes, yes, I know, holster, etc....) ;D

Out of context - I think the avg troop does not get enough time on the system to be safe.  The C7/C8 is effectively a single action system and for the most part  :-\ people get it enough to be trusted with life and limb

The C9 at CANSEC had a load of blue on it.  It was the SNC demo model, but it is all supposed to come from the same barrel you shoot ball out of.  Thee was a pile of bolts that you could see on display as well.  The Sim bolt is designed to not fire ball so don't worry about it, there is a safety ring inserted in the weapon.  Take note that it now is propelled at 660 feet per second.  I was firing the C9 at the show, and it passed cleanly through the targets that were set-up, the same ones that made the 9mm rounds burst and leave their marks.  The stuff is now also supposed to be tactically accurate to 100ft.

http://www.simunition.com/pdf/fx_556.pdf

660 fps? That is going to leave a mark...the current stuff is, what? 400 fps? And that doesn't feel particularly good.

MasterPrivate said:
660 fps? That is going to leave a mark...the current stuff is, what? 400 fps? And that doesn't feel particularly good.

Isn't that just more motivation not to get tagged?

OpFor guys working in the FIBUA house all weekend long are going to enjoy that one...

Back