• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Simunition Merged Thread- Check Here First

We have used MILES in conjunction with the sim kits and get the "best of both worlds"

How would the MILES system be inferior to Simunitions? I was always under the impression that MILES is just better, if more expensive.

The problem with MILES has to do with the troops using the kit. There is always someone that takes the battery out of the back thus becoming "bulletproof". The simunition has a projectile that can be painfull. Adds a little more realism.

MILES SUCKS ASS AT CLOSE RANGE.

The laser does not difuse enough so if you dont hit the sensor directly you will not get a hit - I have seen point blank unloads that failed to make a "HIT"
SIMUNTION IS BY FAR A SUPERIOR SYSTEM TO MILES

As well, I've seen cases of MILES signals being distorted by things like clumps of bushes; if you learn in training that a clump of bushes is effective cover, you're going to die.  REMEMBER, COVER FROM VIEW DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN COVER FROM FIRE.

I saw one incident with miles (this was the older stuff) where we had a Section running up to a house, and the guy at the back killed the rest of the Section without firing a shot.  The laser came a bit loose on the barrel and rattled as he was running.  I know its probably now a common thing to happen, but it sure messed things up for that attack.
I know that miles and sumunition used together can be pretty good training.

If you're going to be spending a significant amount of time wearing the face mask, you can do 2 things

1- Try some anti-fog spray or liquid (I like rainex, some people swear by dishsoap).
2- I beleive they make aftermarket fans for paintball masks you can attach to ventilate it.

1 and 2 together should help keep the foggin away

have anybody here been shot by simunition? if so, what does it feel like, what are the symptoms, aside from extreme pain....

Think, old, hard paint ball from close range.  If you get hit where you not protected a good chance of bruising, welts, and possibly broken skin.

you know when the doctor says "You might feel a slight sting", and then proceeds to stab you repeatedly with the speed and frenzied glee of a homocidal sewing machine?

Something like that.

Actually, it depends on where you're it, and how "into the game" you are. Getting hit on the hands or forearms (the most common areas) can really sting and raise welts. Getting hit on a shoulder or a leg doesn't really have much impact, although it can raise a welt and bruise. But, you may be so focussed that you don't realize you're hit. Sometimes, as AmmoTech said, it can break skin. Excellent training aid. It can also vary on the range. If he's far enough away, the impact is minimal. Up close and personal, and you find yourself screeching like a school-girl at an 'N Sync concert. (Or maybe that's just me. I'm kinda delicate.)

we go winter paint balling, and after about 30 minutes of running around in t-shirts with frozen hoppers and even nastier welts we will call it a day... do you know what the fps for simunition is? thanks.

I've been hit with simunition rounds that sometimes don't really hurt at all, and others that just kill and look like someone put out a cigar on my hands. Just this summer my platoon supported Stalwart Guardian and we were allotted some outrageous number of rounds, somthing like 40-50 000. Needless to say we didn't hand any back in, so I can imagine there were guys out there hurting a lot more than I was considering they never really gained a foot hold of Ortona. Good training, well for us anyways and I don't imagine I'll see it again any time soon.

well, I recently resurected my Paintball gun from my closet (and I think I fixed it for good this time) and discovered that I REALLY need to get the velocity checked again.

I took a couple test shots in my back yard, and it actually dented the wood on my deck (don't tell me dad)

I took 3 in the head this year at SG.
Didn't feel a thing.  Probably because of my darthvador mask.  I also got a ricochet onto my hand but it was just splattered paint, no real feeling.  I DID however hear my buddy beside me scream as he took 4 in the ass as the Reg force guys ran by and smoked him.  Poor guy.

Does anyone out there have the Official CF Range Safety brief for the use of Simunition? Is there one? If there is and you've got it, I'd appreciate if you could email or PM it to me. Can't find one on the CF site.

Please, nothing made up, or "I think it should be like this". We need the official one.
Tanks.

Got one at work for the Edmonton range, I'll flip it your way tomorrow.  Drop me a PM with email addy

If you are using Simunition you should have Simunition Instructor qualified pers giving the briefing.Apart from that the safety briefing is no different than a normal Range Safety Briefing but with Sim. specific safety instructions included.

Got a chance to fire the new 5.56mm SIMUNITION at the CANSEC show, both from the C-7 and C-9. Oh wow, doing OBUA and getting a burst from a C-9 is going to smart... The main advantage logisticaly is that for the C-7 to fire the 5.56 Sim rounds all you have to switch out is the bolt, no new upper reciever, no new buffer, no new magazines. The rep said the range and accuracy would be improved over the 9mm kits, but the booth was far too small to see first hand. I hope the CF purchases the Sim bolts en-mass.

Yes - it is coming into the system.

The LCMM had been holding it up until he was apparently satified that the rounds woudl not overly penetrate (my sources tell me he was penetrated a few times testing...)

Back