• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Shaving Superthread- All You Want and More....

I've been a user of Mach 3 since it came out, absolutely loved it, and still do (when I actually shave  ::) ).  I tried the Quattro once but with quite a bit of facial scruff at the time, and found the blades became too clogged up too fast.  I might have decided differently had I tried using it daily.  The only electric shavers I have tried are the ones with a foil, and can't deal with them.  Faster to do it with a blade and shaving cream, and actually see what has been cut.  So far I haven't tried the triple headed electric ones, the initial cost seems too much for not knowing how they will perform.

I agree with stealthylizard's comments. I use the Mach 3 for a normal shave. Over the years, I have used electric razors and found the result substandard. I have tried many of the other blades on the market and they do not seem to meet what I want from a shave.

The worst blades I find are the cheap disposable ones.  :threat: If I wanted to cut my face all up, I would use a straight blade.

Only time I have done the straight blade routine was at the barber shop (do they even do them anymore? lol).  Best shave in the world, but I wouldn't want to attempt it myself.

With those cheap disposable blades, I need four to six of them to finish my morning shave, and all of them are garbage after one shave. With 4 -6 blades wearing out so fast, yes I would risk using a straight balde on my own. It seems safer.

After using Mach 3, I can reuse a balde for up to 1.5 weeks before needing to replace it.

Barber shop I used to go to did the back of the neck with a straight razor. Smooth and it lasted a long time.

For the face I alternate between a Mach 3 when I'm not shaving every day, or an electric Phillips when I am shaving daily.. I find the electric takes my face about a week to get used to when I haven't used it for a while, but once I've gotten used to it again it is as quick and as accurate as the Mach 3. I figured if someone was nice enough to get me an expensive electric razor for Christmas I might as well learn to use it  ;D

Mike_Baker said:
Okay, something new (but NOT funny). What is your favorite type of razor? Mine is the Gillette Fusion. Awesome shave. *

finally started facial hair there eh Mikey. Well that explains the recent name change, our lil baymen is growing up  ;D

Favourite razor- the straight razor used by the little old guy in the barber shop across from my office.

Nothing really beats a hot towel, straight razor barber shop shave. It's a dying art but there are still a few places in Toronto that do it and every know and then I treat myself.

In between I'm not particular. There's a brand of no name disposals at the local dollar stores that for some reason I'm partial to and will load up on when they're in stock. I've tried several of the hi end ones and to be honest don't see a real difference. Mind I usually shave in the shower so the beard is well soaked/prepped with steaming hot water. Old fashioned shaving soap and brush of course.

Some days I say the hell with it and go with the Don Johnson Miami Vice look. 8)

Danjanou said:
finally started facial hair there eh Mikey. Well that explains the recent name change, our lil baymen is growing up  ;D
Naw, I have for over a year now. I changed the name because most, if not all people call me Mike so, why not  :D And yes, I am growing more, 6'3 now  ;D

Made the switch from the Mach 3 to Fusion and I love the Fusion. Workin out well for me.

I thought you would have said that you got the cleanest shave by using a tweezer Mike_B!

:rofl:

Mach 3 for me for many a year, sensor before that.  May make the switch to fusion though, by the sounds of things

dileas

tess

Guys stop making jokes about my facial hair please. Sheesh  ::)  :D

The Mach 3 isnt that bad either.

Bic Advance 3 is what I'm using right now - they aren't too bad, reasonably inexpensive and last awhile.  I do find them a little hard to clean though at times (but hey - they're disposable).

MM

i would have to agree with mikem the fusion is awesome makes my ugly face feel pretty and smooth.

pro patria

Mach 3 for me is the only way...no other way...I have tried the fusion...and...I still prefer my good old blue mach 3  8)

No razor for me...waxing is the only way to go.  ;D
Oh, did you mean facial hair?  Sorry, can't help you with that one.
But do not, I repeat DO NOT use those razors for your legs  ::)

D Squared said:
No razor for me...waxing is the only way to go.  ;D
Oh, did you mean facial hair?  Sorry, can't help you with that one.
But do not, I repeat DO NOT use those razors for your legs  ::)

Aye Carrumba,

I would give up 48 bracelets to see that argument proven :eek:

yikes I digress....

Mike,

Try putting the blade on the Mach three, they are on the back of the plastic thingy that holds the handle.  You will get those three hairs, and really get a close shave  :D

dileas

tess

Gillette Sensor Excel and Wilkinson soap in a dish with a brush.  Nothin' beats it for me and the bonus is that I can transfer it straight to the field if required.  Shaving cream in a can doesn't work below zero. (threw that in for the unwashed that may be reading this  ;D )

Back