• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Real Reason for Dog and Pony Shows

riggermade said:
Good thing you joined I don't know if you could handle the burger flipping

I'd probably actually end up burning down the place, rather then claiming that I'm going to. sides you make alot of money off of me.

I don't deny that I just figure you and a hot griddle wouldn't make a good combination

anything that's hot + me = a bad combination.
not as bad as one guy I know in another unit, MP's got to know him by a first name basis.

Well, I think you guys are getting too caught up in stuff like fact vs opinion. What is with that? I mean, this article is clearly true if you pretend that such trivial things like facts don't exist.    ;D

There seems to be this consensus among extreme liberal types that the military shouldn't be allowed to advertise. 

Bobby Rico said:
There seems to be this consensus among extreme liberal types that the military shouldn't be allowed to advertise. 

Vise the consensuse here that the Liberals shouldn't be allowed to advertise.

;D

well, they certainly shouldn't be able to cook the books while doing so  >:D

This sounds like an example of 'civilian journalism' that is starting to become of concern to those who consider themselves 'true journalists'... who of course never print untrue or biased articles...

George Wallace said:
Vise the consensuse here that the Liberals shouldn't be allowed to advertise.

Encore!  ;)
Now I need a new keyboard.

"this weekend there will be a dog and pony show and you all will attend!" -Mcpl
"Yaaaaaaa!" - Pte. Bloggins
"THERE WILL BE NIETHER DOGS NOR PONIES!" -Mcpl

I so dearly wish I'd had that in school (any level).  Hardware on display, that would have been cool beyond measure (yeah, still can't take the kid outta me). 
Maybe then I'd have applied much earlier.  We went to see HMCS Halifax in Toronto (and Oshawa) back in April, and my 5 year old daughter thought it was very cool.  In fact, I have the seal of approval from HYH (Her Young Highness) to continue with my application... ;D

I think the  Dog and Ponies are alittle too open. Sure let the tax payers see where their money is going. But elementry school age kids playing with weapons is too far. Let them play soldier on xbox.

DiamondDarryl said:
But elementry school age kids playing with weapons is too far. Let them play soldier on xbox.

Sure, let them play violent video games but don't teach them about properly handling weapons.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Sure, let them play violent video games but don't teach them about properly handling weapons.  ::)

Ok but first explain to me why preteens should be handling weapons in the first place.

DiamondDarryl said:
Ok but first explain to me why preteens should be handling weapons in the first place.

If handled safely and under the control of a responsible adult, why not? I bought my first gun, oh those years ago when I was 10, and I turned out alright. :)

DiamondDarryl said:

Why are they playing XBox?

Okay, maybe not preteens, but why not teens?  Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with them learning how to properly handle weapons. 

I skinned my first deer at 10! Of course dad was there to help.  ;D

I think letting Elementary students handle rifles, was a little far and I can understand why some parents would be angry, but showing off the Army to them and educating them properly about what our soldiers do here in Canada and over seas, in my opinion is appropriate. We need more support even from young Canadians and God knows how many more recruits we could potentially see in the near future.

agreed, I aslo agree that teenagers should learn safe practice if they take an interest in guns and other weaponry. However its still my personal opinion that preteens shouldnt be handling military weapons.

Back