• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Poppy Selling Superthread- Merged

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
Finally found a Legion member handing them out at the Rideau Centre after an hour of looking and got myself a $50 poppy.

EDIT: I also noticed a few white poppies on the bus ride home, what's that all about?

HavokFour said:
Tomorrow I'm going to hunt me down one of the gentlemen and/or ladies giving out poppies in the mall, and hand them a fifty.

You should have gave them $1 and gave the $50 to a soup kitchen

Its Belleville. Drugs are bad here and so is the corresponding crime. 
Lots of Meth heads wandering the streets at all hours. I caught one trying to get into my house.
Another  30 year old drunk chick tried to take on my 14 year old daughter's friend and got her clock cleaned by a twelve year old.
Then there is the murders and shootings and beatings, some prostitution etc
So a poppy box being stolen is sad but at least its tame in comparison to the rest of the stuff going on here.

Sounds like the local LEO's are asleep at the wheel. If they catch these knuckleheads..and that is a big IF, I hope they make them stand at the cenotaph( with a broomstick, not a rifle.) and listen to the service. If that doesn't wake'em up then' book 'em Danno!' Cheers.

gun runner said:
Sounds like the local LEO's are asleep at the wheel. If they catch these knuckleheads..and that is a big IF, I hope they make them stand at the cenotaph( with a broomstick, not a rifle.) and listen to the service. If that doesn't wake'em up then' book 'em Danno!' Cheers.

The police have their hands full. What about the employees at Timmie's shouldn't they have a better handle on the boxes.
And your rhetoric about the broomstick ....really?!?! Honestly?!?! Just a lot of hot air and sounds dumb.

Well then let me apologize for my rhetoric. The Local LEO's have their hands full, eh. Then it should be the store employees responsiblity to prevent theft...have you ever thought that it is probably store policy to let them be robbed blind and let the LEO's catch them(CCTV recorders are the norm in all Tim's stores). Sounds like a vicious circle now doesn't it.

gun runner said:
Well then let me apologize for my rhetoric. The Local LEO's have their hands full, eh. Then it should be the store employees responsiblity to prevent theft...have you ever thought that it is probably store policy to let them be robbed blind and let the LEO's catch them(CCTV recorders are the norm in all Tim's stores). Sounds like a vicious circle now doesn't it.
been eating poppy seeds?

I am tired. I am cranky and had it with the crime here. Mostly caused by strung out whiskey tangoes  dressed in their tap out gear riding their bikes up and down the streets at 4 and 5 am.
The cops here are running form scene to scene to scene and its been a crazy year.
Thanks for your insight to store security in the area its going to make Christmas very easy this year. I will just take what I want and wait for the cops to come get me because by your logic no one should be taking any theft prevention methods.

mover1 said:
I am tired. I am cranky and had it with the crime here. Mostly caused by strung out whiskey tangoes  dressed in their tap out gear riding their bikes up and down the streets at 4 and 5 am.

Whats wrong with tapout? It was designed by this guy
url.jpeg

Cause its worn by these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQ6qo_q0_U&feature=related

Just heard it on CBC Radio.

PLEASE hit the link as there is a photo of the scumbag.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/11/10/ns-poppy-theft-tim-hortons.html

Poppy jar theft shocks coffee shop workers
Last Updated: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 | 10:31 PM AT Comments31Recommend31.
CBC News
Tim Hortons employees are asking anyone who recognizes this man to contact police. (CBC)
Staff members at a Tim Hortons in Dartmouth, N.S., are furious after a poppy jar was stolen from the counter of their store.

Surveillance video from the coffee shop on Main Street near Forest Hills Parkway shows a man slowly moving the poppy can closer to the counter's edge early Wednesday morning.

When staff members walk away, the man takes the poppies and money before leaving the store.

Lillis McInnis, a supervisor at the store, said she is upset about the theft.

"My father-in-law was in the war, his brother was taken a prisoner of war, my grandchildren are learning about what Remembrance Day means … and to have someone come in — not a teenager, a grown man probably in his 50s or 60s — and steal from the vets, it really disappoints me," she said.

McInnis said she's worked for Tim Hortons for 20 years and has never seen anything like it.

"When we looked at the video … I stood there and I cried," she said.

"It really is emotional to me because Remembrance Day does mean a lot to me and it means a lot to the girls I work with. We support the vets and to think not only that our grandfathers or fathers-in-law fought for the war, we have younger ones over there now that's losing their life, and to have someone go and steal, to me — I can't believe it."

Tim Hortons staff members are urging anyone with information to contact police.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/11/10/ns-poppy-theft-tim-hortons.html#ixzz14yrX3h27

--

I've got words, but we promised a long time ago not to say such things on this site.

He will get caught and hopefully get his too.  What a scumbag of the highest order.

Click the link and share the story on your Facebook or via email.

And nice to see someone suggesting we 'walk a mile in his shoes' before judging.

No thanks, it's been a while since I simply judged someone as a scumbag, this one is easy peasy.

People like this make me feel sick. No respect, whether it's for veterans or whomever.

Sent this to the four corners of the internet. I hope they catch this scum.

You know we are all going through hard times myself included. This is just to low, the Man has no respect, not even for himself. He should be ashamed . When they catch him he should be made to explain to a veteran why he did what he did. With respect ONG

Back